IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
AF2AD8F1-4F9B-4558-BEF0-AB846DD950DF (resized).jpeg
20220810_174539 (resized).jpg
IMG_1422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1421 (resized).jpeg
2021-05-08 13.19.53 (resized).jpg
2021-05-08 13.19.39 (resized).jpg
20220225_220515 (resized).jpg
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 9 years ago

Taking my game apart to TC it and just ordered the cointaker kit Should look great for MGC!

#52 9 years ago

First time with tc, I could of done more. This is after the first coat of wax

image.jpgimage.jpg
#53 9 years ago

Before

image.jpgimage.jpg
#54 9 years ago

Game really pops with LEDs
You won't be disappointed

#55 9 years ago

Well this sucks. Led kit won't be here until tomorrow and I'm leaving tomorrow am for MGC. I'll have to put the game back together

#56 9 years ago

That does suck ....just finished throwing in last leds in mine last night and added some yellow and green rubbers with Green bats as well...looks sharo now but still have to get some mmore green rubbers to finish.
Have you or anyone else added/soldered the stereo kit that is offered by pinball centre?
I purchased it and might install tonight but no instructions so just want to hear someones feedback.

#57 9 years ago

I remember a thread on someone doing it to a sega machine.... They drilled holes for the speaker cover as well...I'll check

Can you post some pics of yours?!

#58 9 years ago

Haha well most the bulbs were burnt out...I had ordered two of everything from comet a bit back...my lwjp is now a mosh mash of them....

image.jpgimage.jpg
#59 9 years ago

Well the game held up great for the show! Led kit goes in shortly

#60 9 years ago

Here's a couple pics of mine
I sent one with machine off do you can see a bit more of the flipper and rubber colors as the pic with led didn't really show it

image.jpgimage.jpg image-603.jpgimage-603.jpg
#61 9 years ago

I got the chance to place a pristine Lost World this weekend at a tournament. I have to say it was a lot of fun. I had never given this game much consideration but I like it better than JP.

1 week later
#62 8 years ago

How the heck do you get the launch button out/off? I want to put a new led in it. I was able to unscrew the ring on the inside but it wouldn't come all the way off, the switch mount was in the way.

#63 8 years ago

You just pull the socket out of the button. No need to unscrew the ring. Just pulls out and then snaps back in.

#64 8 years ago

Here is my beautiful unfaded game. New legs, siderails, lockdown bar, and coindoor, 3D translite, added 3rd speaker, Full LEDs, red DMD filter, and custom LED backboard insert. Underrated game.20150424_153350.jpg20150424_153350.jpg20150424_153445.jpg20150424_153445.jpg20150424_153419.jpg20150424_153419.jpg

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

You just pull the socket out of the button. No need to unscrew the ring. Just pulls out and then snaps back in.

really? what the heck...ok I'll try again. Do you take the switch out, then pull the socket out?

#66 8 years ago

might want to take the screw out where the diode and wire screw to cabinet. But just kinda jiggle and pull and should pop out.20150424_162629.jpg20150424_162629.jpg

#67 8 years ago

she is a nice looking machine. Are those the original side rails or did you add them?
Hard to tell from pic but would you say 3D is worth getting?

#68 8 years ago

Added the side rails as there was slight flipper wear. $60 from PBL. 3D is alright, thought about getting a NOS non-3D one to see what I like better. 3D does not have as much color as the other tho.

#69 8 years ago

Thanks for the picture. Finally got it out. It's snapped in so just a wiggle and hard pull. Thanks!

1 month later
#70 8 years ago

My LOST WORLD turns on and lights the playfield up but no dmd display and nothing else comes on . It just makes a clicking noise any ideas where to start ? Has any one else had this problem ? Thank You for any input and love this game very fast but yes the shots are very tough and this pin does not get the respect it deserves .

#71 8 years ago

Hey all do you no where i can get some parts for this machine?
Im looking for a left ramp as well as the egg.
Any help much appreciated.
Im bast in aus so im willing to pay freight and all costs

#72 8 years ago

http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=69 cut and past that....please let me know if you ever find any eggs?

#73 8 years ago

The only egg pieces I could find were the back side, which usually isn't broken. I think we almost need someone to make a mold and do the eggs....along with that talented gentleman who redid JP trex...he should do a baby trex!!!

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from a21gunn007:

My LOST WORLD turns on and lights the playfield up but no dmd display and nothing else comes on . It just makes a clicking noise any ideas where to start ? Has any one else had this problem ? Thank You for any input and love this game very fast but yes the shots are very tough and this pin does not get the respect it deserves .

Was this out of no where, or did it slowly do this? I would reseat all the cables. Then start with the multimeter and check the test points on the boards and dmd board. If all checks well, then you may need to see about bulged capacitors or board issues.

#75 8 years ago

it slowly did it .but now the dmd lights up and blinks

#76 8 years ago

Kinda sounds like some caps are being funky town :/ But did you check the test points and plugs for correct power?

#77 8 years ago

no not yet been working a lot of hours . I am a green horn working on them but willing wanting to learn and been missing playing this one .

#78 8 years ago

Ah sure.

Do you have the schematics or manual? I'll help as much as I can!

Also do you have a multimeter?

4 months later
#79 8 years ago

Hi all. Know I'm a little late to the thread but thought I'd share where I put some dinosaurs. Got them at toys r us. Anyone else do anything like this. I have a BDK and still think completing this one is harder.

Jimmyimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#80 8 years ago

I had 3 of these machines over the years, always said it was better than JP by a ton. Toys are us sells 2 dinosaurs that were perfect for a topper one is a raptor, the other is T-Rex. I had done the stereo mod on 2 of them, there is a guy on Ebay who sells the kit for 20 bucks with all you need. I NEVER came close to beating this game, I think the best I ever did was complete 3 modes in one game..

I found the game to be a blast to play, others found it easy to understand, but it kicked their butts so much they never wanted to play it any more.. one factor for that was those targets Sega used on those machine, they are brutal. Add a Powered Sub after the stereo mod and be blown away! IF money and space were not an issue, it would still be here.. but when you end up with a Stern Batman after letting go a JP the lost world and JM, and have an extra 900 to put towards a Shadow... kinda hard to say no.

#81 8 years ago

What eBay kit are you talking about for the speakers? Thanks.

#82 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Sega Stern pinball stereo sound MPU upgrade parts kit

All in one nice little package, I have ordered and used 3 of them, you will still need wire and a second speaker. Well worth the effort!

4 months later
#83 8 years ago

bought this game with snagged problems. Open up the playfield and noticed this unplugged connector but can figure out where it came from.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#84 8 years ago

Bump still trying to figure this out..

#85 8 years ago

I dont think it associated with snagger .....might have something to do with GI or it could be one of those extra plug-ins you see and wander hmmm
I dont have my JP2 anymore so im not much help ....hopefully someone that owns one can chime in.

3 weeks later
#86 8 years ago

pretty sure that goes to nothing..... Mine is on route but can verify from my snagger issue thread. I bet theres pics.

4 months later
#87 7 years ago

Hi can anyone tell me what size nylon bushing i need to order for the jeep, where the pulley goes through the playfield.

One of the bushings has broken and i couldnt find it in the manual at all?

Thanks in advance

Mark

2 months later
#88 7 years ago

Just picked up one of these. Going to be Cleaning, mod-ing and updating soon. Hopefully, some of you guys are still around for assistance.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Just picked up one of these. Going to be Cleaning, mod-ing and updating soon. Hopefully, some of you guys are still around for assistance.

Still here! Mine is on route, but I still have it.

1 week later
#90 7 years ago

Got it home and set up. Front egg is busted but as I have read, that's pretty standard. Snagger was turned off. I turned it on and the ball sits on the magnet, snagger cycles down but does not pick the ball up. In the last inch or so, is sort of slows down and shudders a bit. Any ideas? Also shooter only goes one place and bangs the heck out of the target just to the right of the snagger. Is this correct?

Can't wait to replace all of the rubbers and LED it up!!!!!

#91 7 years ago

The shooter on mine usually hits the drop target in front of the snagger, BUT it will hit left or right of it as well.

You can go into the menu and run tests on the snagger, you could have a bad section of belt or the motor is goofy. A test should help, and visual inspection of the 2 belts, one that goes beneath pf and one you can see from the top of the unit and does the arm.

Do you have the manual for the game?

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The shooter on mine usually hits the drop target in front of the snagger, BUT it will hit left or right of it as well.
You can go into the menu and run tests on the snagger, you could have a bad section of belt or the motor is goofy. A test should help, and visual inspection of the 2 belts, one that goes beneath pf and one you can see from the top of the unit and does the arm.
Do you have the manual for the game?

I downloaded it last night. I will check the belts and run the tests. I'm figuring that there is an issue with the magnet in the snagger also.

I found that 2 of the 5 yellow target switches don't work. Upon investigation, someone removed the wires from the clips and attempted to solder them on. I now have to replace the switches and properly wire them. I think they take .100 housings as .156 are too big. Rewiring is going to be a chore. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

#93 7 years ago

I downloaded it last night. I will check the belts and run the tests. I'm figuring that there is an issue with the magnet in the snagger also.
I found that 2 of the 5 yellow target switches don't work. Upon investigation, someone removed the wires from the clips and attempted to solder them on. I now have to replace the switches and properly wire them. I think they take .100 housings as .156 are too big. Rewiring is going to be a chore. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think from marco I bought a handful of the red stand up targets, then just swapped housing with the "yellow/green" targets. ALso buy a few extra of the yellow/green plastic as they get hammered on and can break in half.

#94 7 years ago

My lwjp on route dmd was out. Had a few used ones out of sterns, put it in and it worked. Stopped back to pick up a different game to clean and lwjp's dmd was rebooting itself.

I have it at home, haven't been able to replicate the issue yet. Only thing different is they keep the game on 24/7 :/ and at home they barely go on.... anyone know much about the dmd issues? I read some about power and some need cables reseated.

#95 7 years ago

Ok so the snagged magnet works in the up position in test. Once the game starts it does not activate when it drops down to pick up the ball :/ hmmmm

#96 7 years ago

What I think is the issue:

Snagger itself has a "home" switch position and a "down" position. I think the down position isn't early or long enough for the logic to tell the snagger magnet to kick on. I'm so glad they built in snagger tests to the diagnostics. I'll fiddle with the love of down position and see if that's the cause.

#97 7 years ago

What did you find on this? Both wires to my snagger magnet were broke. I resoldered them and the snagger now picks up the ball. But when it goes to put it in the truck it lets it go early and ends up between the truck cab and the arm so it gets stuck. The arm is real loose also.

On a different question, how do you lock the playfield in the up position? There looks to be some sort of locking mechanism but I can't seem to figure out how it works. Difficult to mess around under there and hold up the playfield at the same time.

#98 7 years ago

What did you find on this? Both wires to my snagger magnet were broke. I resoldered them and the snagger now picks up the ball. But when it goes to put it in the truck it lets it go early and ends up between the truck cab and the arm so it gets stuck. The arm is real loose also.
On a different question, how do you lock the playfield in the up position? There looks to be some sort of locking mechanism but I can't seem to figure out how it works. Difficult to mess around under there and hold up the playfield at the same time.

Mine was doing the early release as well. I need to tear into the hummer snagger.

On my pf I push/bring it al the way up, then push a tad more and it "clicks" and stays up. Still not allowing it to slide out makes it hard to work on the snagger :/

#99 7 years ago

Keep me updated on what you find out and I will do so as well. Whenever I get something to work I get that momentary feeling of accomplishment. Then back to the next thing.

#100 7 years ago

So I flip the game on and leave the snagger option enabled. Good news. The ball gets captured and dumped in the truck. Bad news. One time only. Not ever since. I'm thinking opto alignment.

So to start someone thinking about this also, the ball goes around the loop once slowly and gets hung up in the back. Where the top magnet is supposed to be, it looks like someone taped a glob of melted metal the size of a quarter on the playfield. Really odd. What is supposed to be there? Same as in front of the snagger?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 566 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-world-jurassic-park-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.