Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey lost the back glad key with the glass locked on a Bally Game Show.
What is the best way to get the glad out in one piece? Thanks

#2 7 years ago

See if you or a friend has a key which works. A lot of them are keyed alike.
Not sure on this model if it uses security torx screws, if so, buy a set of wrenches/bits for it and loosen the screws. Or drill out the center bump and remove the screws.
Drill out the lock thru the coin slot.

#3 7 years ago

Pick it, assuming it's single bitted. Also, make sure the spare isn't screwed into the inside of the cabinet by the tilt panel or leg plate.

eh, pick a double too:

#4 7 years ago

Before I start drilling I would like to try the pick method. Is there a trick to it?
And yep tried about 5 bally type keys with no luck.
Someone tried drilling an Earthshaker back glass once for me and shattered it so a little cautious there

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

Is there a trick to it?

You have to push the individual pins of the lock in, in the correct order. Youtube will be your ally.

#6 7 years ago

Also if I loosen the screws or take them out will the speaker panel come apart to get to it?
Thanks again

#7 7 years ago

No trick, just skill and a lot of patience.

You will also need a lock pick (I mostly use the half diamond) and a tension wrench. A paperclip won't do. If you don't have a pick set on hand you will probably need to drill it out

#8 7 years ago

Call a locksmith?

#9 7 years ago

Never had a key for my Bally/Midway TZ back box. Studied youtube and bent up 2 thin paperclips correctly, and the first time took 2min, and second took 45sec to unlock.

Always have to check one of my other locks first to recall which way to turn it to unlock, and see which side the pins are on. (rotates CW when looking up at it and the pins are on left)

It is easy!!

#10 7 years ago

Rob Anthony showed me a pretty cool technique he uses. Using two flat screwdrivers and a pair of pliers. Basically hammer screwdriver into key slot and force it to turn with pair of pliers while carefully wedging another small flat screwdriver into coin door to push lock mech back. If it does not budge then you may have to drill it out.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions but finally decided to drill it out. A tech used the screwdriver method on an Earthshaker with dire consequences so not for me with the mirror glad being so expensive and messy to clean up.

#12 7 years ago

I'm the same type of guy, but definitely would have drilled it in this situation too. Lost my key to my Devil's Dare and pried open the coin door gently (no bends) and kept the lock incase I ever found the key, took me a while to find the best route. Obviously prying doesn't apply here. Was actually surprised how easily it could be pried open without even leaving a mark. Surprised thieves didn't do it more often.

#13 7 years ago

I can pick a single-bit pinball lock in about 30 seconds. Double-bits are harder, but still pickable.... but grabbing the drill works too.

#14 7 years ago

Just get a security bit and unscrew the lock plate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Powell, OH
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-the-damn-key and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.