• Latest reply 3 years ago by dri
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200608_150249 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I had a weird incident with my Stargate tonight. I finished a mode and the ball locked in the right orbit. The game never ejected the ball and ball search was never triggered. The game appeared frozed while music was still playing. I did a power cycle and the machine kicked out the ball in the right orbit saucer.

Now, the game wouldn't start. It turns out the game is now asking for credits. The service menu that normally appears when you open the coin door isn't there. Switch diagnostics clearly shows that that my switch door switch is working.

I managed to coin-up and get the game started. It seems to play fine besides the Glidercraft mode is awarded a little bit here and there. I'm assuming the game have somehow dropped out of "tournament mode" and this is the expected behavior in coin operated mode?

Thankful for any hints on how to get this back on track.

#2 3 years ago

Sounds like the battery may have gone bad. It maybe a solder in style or in a socket quarter style battery.

#3 3 years ago

Probably a common wire n°666 (blue blue blue) link to coin door is unsold

20200608_150249 (resized).jpg20200608_150249 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

I've had that happen before but with the left orbit where the ball didn't eject or go into ball search, not sure what caused that but it hasn't happened since. Also had the issue where I couldn't enter tournament mode and it turned out to be a loose wire at the top left kicking target, re-soldered and it fixed the problem.

The Glidercraft mode is awarded automatically at the start of the third ball if you didn't activate it during the first two balls.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Sounds like the battery may have gone bad. It maybe a solder in style or in a socket quarter style battery.

I wouldn't be surprised but shouldn't the HSTDs be wiped if that was the case?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

I've had that happen before but with the left orbit where the ball didn't eject or go into ball search, not sure what caused that but it hasn't happened since. Also had the issue where I couldn't enter tournament mode and it turned out to be a loose wire at the top left kicking target, re-soldered and it fixed the problem.
The Glidercraft mode is awarded automatically at the start of the third ball if you didn't activate it during the first two balls.

Thank you kindly! The Glidercraft I suspected something like that but it doesn't start the mode in tournament mode. I'll do a survey around the playfield and see what I can find in terms of loose wires.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Benhurr:

Probably a common wire n°666 (blue blue blue) link to coin door is unsold

Thank you! I'll have a look at this.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I wouldn't be surprised but shouldn't the HSTDs be wiped if that was the case?

Yes they would be cleared. I read into it wrong. Hopefully it is just a wire broken.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Also had the issue where I couldn't enter tournament mode and it turned out to be a loose wire at the top left kicking target, re-soldered and it fixed the problem.

How weird. Blue/green/green (655 in diagram above) had come loose on this exact kickback target (center) on mine as well. It doesn't help that I vaguely remembering soldering that wire back before, not having the service menu disappear. But that might've been the signal wire. There were like 5 strains in this wire so not surprised this is a common fault at all.

All good, thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-service-menu-on-stargate?hl=benhurr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.