• Latest reply 9 years ago by nosro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-698.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I found my first two machines I bought about 7 years ago. I had them in my office in California I was out of town and someone broke in and stole a bunch of stuff including my two pinballs ......2 weeks ago I went to California for a family wedding and a cousin that I haven't seen for about 7 years ago asked me why haven't I've gone for my pinballs ? I asked him what pinballs ? The ones your mom asked me to secure them because she didn't want the robbers to come back and steal them ...tolled him why didn't you called he responded because I left to mexico to live and didn't have any information about me .....and my mom just forgot to tell me because I never mention it .....so I went to see them and one is good shape the other was left outside all this time and cabinet is trashed ( sun , and rain damaged it ) ...
But my first pinball machine is the one that was in ok shape ...... I took it to the best pinball tech ( Kris from firebird pinball ) and got it running 100% ......I just need to clean the playfield and install new rubbers ......I started the new year with a great gift !!!!

#2 9 years ago

Glad you got them back. Kind of messed up though. I don't know if I would be pissed or happy

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Caviar:

Glad you got them back. Kind of messed up though. I don't know if I would be pissed or happy

I was thinking the same thing. Also what 2 pin are they?

#4 9 years ago

Congrats, I guess. Weird that no one mentioned it for 7 years.....so they were at your friends house in Mexico?

#5 9 years ago

In my cousins business warehouse, yeah I had mixed feelings

#6 9 years ago

And those pinballs are revenge from mars , and a hook , the hook is the one that is trashed ......

#7 9 years ago

image-698.jpgimage-698.jpg
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

And those pinballs are Revenge From Mars , and a hook , the hook is the one that is trashed ......

Wheeeewwww.....!!!!..... ..............Joey

#9 9 years ago

Yeah Nice you got them back , but what the hell ? One game was left outside ? And no one told you what had happened . Anyways still good news that they got back to you .

#10 9 years ago

Yeah my mom forgot to tell me that she asked my cousin to take them to his warehouse so they could be safe ....wtf ???
But it's all good I got my rfm back .....the hook I'm going to sell it for parts what gets me mad it that it was a HUO with recipe ....but ohh well .....I'm very happy ...

#11 9 years ago

With family like that I would have rather taken my chances with the burglars.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Yeah my mom forgot to tell me that she asked my cousin to take them to his warehouse so they could be safe ....wtf ???
But it's all good I got my rfm back .....the hook I'm going to sell it for parts what gets me mad it that it was a HUO with recipe ....but ohh well .....I'm very happy ...

Was the recipe for imagination pie?

#13 9 years ago

WOW, what a story. At least you got your first one back.

#14 9 years ago

Something doesn't smell right. Does your mom have a bad memory? Why would she have forgoten to tell you?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

the hook is the one that is trashed ......

Meh, could be worse

Still Sux, but imagine how much worse this story would be if it were a MB or AFM or MM..........

#16 9 years ago

Fascinating story and incredible ending with basically good news-you have them both

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Something doesn't smell right. Does your mom have a bad memory? Why would she have forgoten to tell you?

We're just not a regular family ......

#18 9 years ago

nice story, its Santa with few days late... but its Santa anyway !

#19 9 years ago

Moral of the story: always tell your mom about stolen pins.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

I agree, Sounds like they got claimed on insurance from the robbery, Then brought back in the picture when the coast was clear. No one remembered moving a revenge from mars, No info on you I thought he was your cousin?? No info on you? He just moved 2 of your machines at your address how did he get there if he had no info on you? OK.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I found my first two machines I bought about 7 years ago. I had them in my office in California I was out of town and someone broke in and stole a bunch of stuff including my two pinballs ......2 weeks ago I went to California for a family wedding and a cousin that I haven't seen for about 7 years ago asked me why haven't I've gone for my pinballs ? I asked him what pinballs ? The ones your mom asked me to secure them because she didn't want the robbers to come back and steal them ...tolled him why didn't you called he responded because I left to mexico to live and didn't have any information about me .....and my mom just forgot to tell me because I never mention it .....so I went to see them and one is good shape the other was left outside all this time and cabinet is trashed ( sun , and rain damaged it ) ...
But my first pinball machine is the one that was in ok shape ...... I took it to the best pinball tech ( Kris from firebird pinball ) and got it running 100% ......I just need to clean the playfield and install new rubbers ......I started the new year with a great gift !!!!

#22 9 years ago
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

We're just not a regular family ......

Heh, who has one of those?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I agree, Sounds like they got claimed on insurance from the robbery, Then brought back in the picture when the coast was clear. No one remembered moving a Revenge From Mars, No info on you I thought he was your cousin?? No info on you? He just moved 2 of your machines at your address how did he get there if he had no info on you? OK.

I never claimed a robbery in my office , all it got stolen was a tv , movie player , and my laptop ....went the next day and bought those 3 things again and installed an alarm system ....and I have plenty to be great-full, my cousin he's filthy rich no need to steal two pins from me ........but my mom totally forgot to tell me .....those were some very busy days for her she was under a lot of stress.....but anyways they were found that's all it maters .....

#25 9 years ago

Weird story. She decides to have someone relocate your pins to keep them safe. One becomes damaged because it was left outside and she forgets to let you know. I'm sure you're happy to have gotten them back.

Per this thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-games-mid-missouri-help-request

Someone tell Rob to call his relatives and ask if they have forgotten to tell him anything...

#26 9 years ago

A lot of people don't report break ins or theft. I'm not surprised. However I am surprised your cousin would leave it outside, that is just ridiculous.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

However I am surprised your cousin would leave it outside, that is just ridiculous.

I see it all the time in Arizona, Either on a covered backporch or in a shed.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

the hook is the one that is trashed ......

I thought you said the one that was left outside and trashed was a pinball machine

All kidding aside, why would he leave it outside? Weird.

Bill

#29 9 years ago

That is a ridiculous, and awesome story. Thanks for sharing!!!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from mrbill08:

why would he leave it outside? Weird.
Bill

Most normal people think us pinheads are weird. If you don't normally have a pinball machine they are huge and take up a lot of space in the house.

#31 9 years ago

Can't wait to hear about the tension at the next Thanksgiving Feast.

#32 9 years ago

Sounds like an inside job and someone is being protected.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

That interesting.

#34 9 years ago

You never once mentioned to your mother that your pins (6000 dollars worth or so) were stolen? That would have allowed her to tell you that she secretly moved them for you. Weird!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

if it was an inside job, why would they be bringing it up out of the blue and returning them seven years after getting away with it? that REALLY doesn't make any sense. never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

#36 9 years ago

At that time my mother ran 12 restaurants at the same time and my father had just died so , I understand her .....I don't think pinball machines where in the top of her priorities ....but I love my mom and my cousin because of them I got my pinball machines ....in a way it's kinda my fault because I didnt tell my mom about my office break in , he had a lot to deal with at the time.....but I'm restoring my revenge from mars will post pic soon ...

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

At that time my mother ran 12 restaurants at the same time and my father had just died so , I understand her .....I don't think pinball machines where in the top of her priorities ....but I love my mom and my cousin because of them I got my pinball machines ....in a way it's kinda my fault because I didnt tell my mom about my office break in , he had a lot to deal with at the time.....but I'm restoring my Revenge From Mars will post pic soon ...

wait a second... wait a second... wait just one second...

in your first post, you claim that your mom had your cousin steal your pinball machines so that they wouldn't get stolen??? but to make it even less sensible (somehow!), you now say that the pins weren't her first priority, and that you didn't tell her about the break in. I'm sorry, but.... what?!?

#38 9 years ago

To some people a few pins aren't that big of a deal. He figured they were stolen, mother was busy and forgot about it. Some peoples families don't talk all the time. If something was askew, why would he post anything.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I never claimed a robbery in my office , all it got stolen was a tv , movie player , and my laptop ....went the next day and bought those 3 things again and installed an alarm system ....and I have plenty to be great-full, my cousin he's filthy rich no need to steal two pins from me ........but my mom totally forgot to tell me .....those were some very busy days for her she was under a lot of stress.....but anyways they were found that's all it maters .....

In your first post you state (I had them in my office in California I was out of town and someone broke in and stole a bunch of stuff including my two pinballs). You have this much invested and you did not call the police about 7k worth of stuff being stolen?????? PS when someone steals something that is a robbery. But you say all that got stolen, If someone stole from your office that is a robbery. Im with BiGhrl WHAT?? This story makes no sense and if it makes no sense chances are it is not true.

#40 9 years ago

There no mystery here, obviously we got the short version of the story. Sounds like that was a bad time in his life, and I'm shure he does not want to rehash it all. Glad you found some good in a bad situation.

#41 9 years ago

If the man said they weren't stolen then they weren't stolen. If you were not there who are you to all to say they stole them. It was 5 years ago he may not remember every thing exactly. Any way glad you go your pins back.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

If the man said they weren't stolen then they weren't stolen. If you were not there who are you to all to say they stole them. It was 5 years ago he may not remember every thing exactly. Any way glad you got your pins back.

#43 9 years ago

What I read is that there was a robbery and his pins were not stolen. His mother as a precaution against further theft had his cousin take his pins out in his absence and store them. He was not aware of this fact and assumed they had been stolen along with the other items.

#44 9 years ago

It's ok to play batman detective ...the story here is that I thought they were stolen but they were stored away ....and the MAIN topic about this that I have them back ......that's all it matters ....

5 years ago I paid for the hook 1k and the revenge from mars was 2k not 7k

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

5 years ago I paid for the hook 1k and the Revenge From Mars was 2k not 7k

I miss the good old days...

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

What I read is that there was a robbery and his pins were not stolen. His mother as a precaution against further theft had his cousin take his pins out in his absence and store them. He was not aware of this fact and assumed they had been stolen along with the other items.

Exactly. So, THIS is what does not add up:

Quoted from Monarca1091:

At that time my mother ran 12 restaurants at the same time and my father had just died so , I understand her .....I don't think pinball machines where in the top of her priorities ....but I love my mom and my cousin because of them I got my pinball machines ....****in a way it's kinda my fault because I didnt tell my mom about my office break in**** , he had a lot to deal with at the time.....but I'm restoring my Revenge From Mars will post pic soon ...

And, why move 2 nice ) pins to a big warehouse for safekeeping, and leave one outside????

I'm calling shenanigans on this thread.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

It's ok to play batman detective ...the story here is that I thought they were stolen but they were stored away ....and the MAIN topic about this that I have them back ......that's all it matters ....

Absolutely and hopefully all the conspirators will now move on

#48 9 years ago

This is one of the craziest stories I've ever read. How does your cousin not call your mom up after a couple weeks and say, is your son ever gonna get these things? And how could he just leave one outside in the elements?

Well, Monarca is a cool pin brothah and regardless, I'm glad you got them back and at least got RFM going.

Congrats bro!

#49 9 years ago

Hey Danny. You're a F*cking Liar!!!!.

Just kidding.

At least that's what half of pinside is deciding for absolutely no reason!!

One man's garbage is another mans's treasure. Or in this case the other way around. Not sure why people can't just accept a story at face value. Is it unfortunate that one got left outside? Yes. Is it unusual? Not really. I get calls from all sorts of people looking to sell machines and see trashed ones all the time. Just look at anyone getting a smoking deal at a garage sale, the owner selling it cheap doesn't see it as being worth much.

#50 9 years ago

This is an amazing story. You can never sell this machine now. It has too many stories.

I'm sure you can get whatever help you need from the RFM thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Coal Valley, IL
$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Telford, TN
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.