Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zampinator
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I was playing a couple of games with the wife tonight. While she was in no place like home ball save I noticed 1/2 of my rainbow targets weren't lighting up. I also noticed the TNPLH had 1 light out and one locked red. The rest of the game played out fine. I started another game and lower GI is out along with rainbow,TNPLH, wizard and another couple. Have I experienced my first board failure? or should I be checking for something else

#2 8 years ago

Go into single lamp test. Scroll until you come to the first working one, go one back and check the connectors. Rainbow is piggybacked off of W3 which controls the Lion and Scarecrow lamps as well. Let us know what you find.

#3 8 years ago

#68 is the first one to work. All connectors are in on 67

#4 8 years ago

Did you reboot the machine? If it is a signal glitch that should reset it. If it is a bad board then you will need to bypass it for now and tell the software that it is bypassed. It is best to look in the manual on page C-52 C - 59 to see how the boards are hooked up to each other. They are in a serial chain and if one is glitched usually all the rest down the chain ending with the Rainbow lights on the Munchkin playfield will be locked. If the same lights keep locking up try to bypass the first locked board.

Do you have a game with the buffer boards on the light boards?

#5 8 years ago

I did power off and restated the game. That's when the boards went completely out. This is a 9/5/2013 build machine. I have never had a light problem until now.

#6 8 years ago

bypass 67 and see if the rest come on. Which board is 67?

#7 8 years ago

Okay, so it looks like 14 is my last light board working. 15-27 and 155 and W1,W4,W9,W10 are out.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Okay, so it looks like 14 is my last light board working. 15-27 and 155 and W1,W4,W9,W10 are out.

15 is probably your bad board although I don't think 14 is your last working board. According to the manual on page C-51, there are 6 boards between 14 & 15. You don't say those aren't working so I'm assuming they are good. While all the boards are sequentially numbered; the daisychain doesn't always follow that numerical order.

You need to disconnect board 15 and bypass it as explained in the manual on page E-11. Looks like you need to connect W2 to 16 for the bypass. Don't forget to go into the menu and turn 15 'off'. If the remaining non-working boards function properly after that then you've found your culprit. If they still don't work then you've got more investigative work to do. I'm betting, however, on 15 being bad.

#9 8 years ago

bumping for an update

#10 8 years ago

Pindufus, you are correct. W2 is the last in the chain. Everything else down stream is out. But, if 27 is out doesn't that feed W3 which is on?

#11 8 years ago

I will try and bypass 15 when I am off shift a 12:00.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Pindufus, you are correct. W2 is the last in the chain. Everything else down stream is out. But, if 27 is out doesn't that feed W3 which is on?

I don't have an explanation why W3 is working yet there numerous boards ahead of it that are not. When I've had a board go out, the downstream boards still worked. They just didn't work properly. Maybe that's what you have with yours. Or maybe the Wizard is screwing with you.....

Try bypassing 15 and see what happens. If that's not it then your problem is beyond me. My money is still on 15 being bad. Let us know.

#13 8 years ago

Okay, Riddle me this Batman, I came home and powered machine. the boards that were out last night were locked on white while everything else cycled. I powered it back off and bypassed 15 by powering from W2-16 and everything else came back on. I went into menu and bypassed board 15.

#14 8 years ago

When there's a bad board, the downstream boards do funny things at different times. They might not work at all, be locked on one color or light up randomly with different colors.

Sounds like 15 is your bad boy. Submit a ticket at the help desk and JJP will get you a new one.

#16 8 years ago

to make sure 15 is bad, and not a connector, swap it in with a known working board.

#17 8 years ago

Okay, here is the update. Ticket filed on Friday and responded to by Lloyd over the weekend. Answered a few questions and updated ticket info with 5v board number. Sal from parts responded and JJP is sending a replacement board. I also purchased a repaired board at a discounted rate so I would have one on hand. Will update again when repair is complete. Thanks for all the help.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Okay, here is the update. Ticket filed on Friday and responded to by Lloyd over the weekend. Answered a few questions and updated ticket info with 5v board number. Sal from parts responded and JJP is sending a replacement board. I also purchased a repaired board at a discounted rate so I would have one on hand. Will update again when repair is complete. Thanks for all the help.

Good deal! Lloyd is the best! JJP lights boards.....not the best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-on-the-yellow-brick-road and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.