• 55 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22851830_10214446300214304_4243928789595037361_n (resized).jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

The heavens gained another angel this morning. Mom’s Alzheimer’s journey ended peacefully at 9:00 AM today. She will be missed but is finally at peace and reunited with my Dad.

Love you always Mom. You were the best.

22851830_10214446300214304_4243928789595037361_n (resized).jpg22851830_10214446300214304_4243928789595037361_n (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Very sad for your loss. Such a cruel disease.

#3 6 years ago

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sincerest condolences and best wishes.

#4 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#5 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss john. Let me know if i can do anything

#6 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss...

"God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers"

#7 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Praying for you & your family.

#8 6 years ago

John,
Simple words can't ease your pain. She is in a better place now. Things will get better. LMK if you need anything.

#9 6 years ago

Sorry you have such sad news to share.

#10 6 years ago

Sorry about your loss. My mother passed away 4 years ago and was suffering from dementia (Alzheimers) and I know how terrible that disease is. My dad has it too and can't take care of himself any more.

Rob

#11 6 years ago

Very sorry for your loss.

#12 6 years ago

Please don't take this wrong but you lost you mom long ago once the alzheimer’s got bad - today you just finally put her to rest. I have lost a good many people close to me to alzheimer's and it is never easy. As you stated in your original post "she is now at peace" now your healing process will begin.

Sorry to hear about your loss but please remember she is in a better place now!

#13 6 years ago

So sorry to learn of your loss. Our prayers will go out for you and your family.

#14 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#15 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Lost my mom last November,almost 98 years.

#16 6 years ago

#17 6 years ago

Alzheimer's is one of the worst diseases out there, hope they find a cure some day soon, very sorry for your loss.

#18 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss.... Im 51 and still am lucky enough to have both of mine..

#19 6 years ago

Sorry to hear, John.

#20 6 years ago

Very sorry for your loss. My mom and I are still working through this. Be glad your mom and dad are at peace together. That's where she wanted to be.

#21 6 years ago

Sorry the hear that. Prayers for your mom.

#22 6 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss.

#23 6 years ago

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for your mom and for the family

#24 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#25 6 years ago

God bless you, your mom, and your entire family. My mom is currently struggling with Alzheimer’s.....tough road.

#26 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#27 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss. My dad died from the same disease. Also lost my mom to cancer. It’s rough but you’ll be ok!!

#28 6 years ago

You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry for your loss.

#29 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories.

#30 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss

#31 6 years ago

I lost my mother when I was just 26 years old. I am very sorry about your loss. I know exactly how you feel. Take some time sir.

#32 6 years ago

In times like this, I always remember the Dr. Seuss quote and it makes me feel better. I hope it does for you as well...

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

#33 6 years ago

The toughest of all roads.

My grandmother is in her final stages of Alzheimers now; I understand the struggle. My deepest condolences to you and yours.

#34 6 years ago

So sorry for your loss.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Please don't take this wrong but you lost you mom long ago once the alzheimer’s got bad - today you just finally put her to rest. I have lost a good many people close to me to alzheimer's and it is never easy. As you stated in your original post "she is now at peace" now your healing process will begin.
Sorry to hear about your loss but please remember she is in a better place now!

My mother passed earlier this year but she was already gone some time ago, she didn't know who I (or anybody) was anymore. She had no bladder control. We are just grateful that it was wasn't drawn out or painful for her.

#36 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#37 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#38 6 years ago

My condolences

#39 6 years ago

Sorry for your loss

My dad passed this year also it definitely sucks but it helps that they arent suffering anymore.

#40 6 years ago

#41 6 years ago

The outpouring of love, thoughts, and prayers from Pinside is amazing. So grateful to those I know and those I don't know. Your responding to my post gives me much comfort. As stated by many of you, she had a great life up until this horrible disease grabbed her and we are all grateful for that. Sweet, sweet lady all the way up til the end. Dad passed away in 2005 and now he is holding her again. Love you, Mom and all you Pinsiders for your kind words.

Hogey

#42 6 years ago

What a great smile your dear mom had Hogey! I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. Alzheimer's took my best friend/dad in March. It is a terrible disease that takes a toll on us as well. Take care of yourself.

#43 6 years ago

So sad to hear. I’m sorry for your loss

#44 6 years ago

So sorry for your loss.

#45 6 years ago

I feel your pain. My mother passed in July. Take your time to heal.

#46 6 years ago

Your Subject line jumped out at me and I just had to click it open.

I saw ALL our mothers in that picture of your Mom.

My mother died a few months ago at the age of 91. She played pinball right up until the final months. Her body just stopped functioning and she died peacefully at home. This is a sad feeling that none of us can fix. Your mother lives on in your memories . . .

My heartfelt condolences.

Mike in Kentucky

#47 6 years ago

Really sorry for your loss Hogey,

You are not alone and I feel your pain. 2017 has not been a good year for mine. Lost a close pinball friend who was much younger than I. Lost my father in August after 10 years with Dementia. Called in hospice a month ago for my mother with Alzheimer's. Still living at home.

I slowed down on pinball and work, and have spent extra time taking care of my parents (along with a care giver) over the past two years. Best decision I ever made. This time spent with them has been precious even though they are without their former intellect. I don't have any regrets.

Bless you and your family,

Tom

#48 6 years ago

So sorry about your MOM all the best to you and your family.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Really sorry for your loss Hogey,
You are not alone and I feel your pain. 2017 has not been a good year for mine. Lost a close pinball friend who was much younger than I. Lost my father in August after 10 years with Dementia. Called in hospice a month ago for my mother with Alzheimer's. Still living at home.
I slowed down on pinball and work, and have spent extra time taking care of my parents (along with a care giver) over the past two years. Best decision I ever made. This time spent with them has been precious even though they are without their former intellect. I don't have any regrets.
Bless you and your family,
Tom

Your story sounds so familiar, Tom. My wife and I lost three of our parents in 9 months. Between doctor visits and spending time with the three of them as they neared the end, my wife and I didn't do much else. It was honestly the best 9 months of my life and I wouldn't do anything differently.

Those who still have their parents need to take advantage of that while they can.

#50 6 years ago

So sorry for your mom passing, us guys love are mothers dearly.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-my-mom-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.