• Latest reply 2 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stern coin door board (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

So I tried to install a mod from Pinball life with the little mini DMD, and you are supposed to hook it up to the coin door light. Well, I did... and then that made them go out. No more power to them. I see no fuses in the new Stern games, so how do I get my 6 volts at the coin door back?

#2 2 years ago

I think you mean 5volts. If so there is a test point on the circuit board on the left side of cabinet labeled 5v. Put one lead of your meter on that and the other on any black wire.
Check to see if your volume switches still work just to make sure it's only the lights.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I think you mean 5volts. If so there is a test point on the circuit board on the left side of cabinet labeled 5v. Put one lead of your meter on that and the other on any black wire.
Check to see if your volume switches still work just to make sure it's only the lights.

The lights and seemingly coin switches dont work. Everything else is seemingly okay.

#4 2 years ago

The is a certain way you could hook something up to the light circuit and blow both bulbs. We need to check that first using a multimeter or a known good bulb.

#5 2 years ago

Yep. Dead. No power.

#6 2 years ago

Unplug CN6 14 pin plug at top middle of circuit board. With game on test pin #1 where red wire is. See if you get 5v there. Other lead on any ground. Check the pin on the board and not the plug.
My guess is that circuit board needs to be replaced, about $200. Unless you see the letter "F" on the board somewhere you have no fuse you can easily get to. They are sometimes in the computer chip looking things on the board but you have to replace the whole chip. Then you will need someone that knows a whole lot more than me.

#7 2 years ago

You can get/test 5v off CN2, highlighted in the pic. the left most pin is ground and the right most pin is power. I would not plug that mod in again and would use a meter to test if it is shorted, which it sounds like it is. If it is a 5v mod, you can briefly test it off a 9v battery to see if it comes on.

stern coin door board (resized).JPGstern coin door board (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-my-coin-door-lights-on-deadpool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.