Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I recently acquired a bally playboy and the backbox lock is there and the latch is in the locked position, but I don't have the key.

I have the glass out and was wondering if it would be easy to replace that lock, or if I should just slip the backglass in and not worry about locking it in place. The machine will be in my house. Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Lock is easy to replace with glass out you might be able to remove the lock without drilling or popping it with a screwdriver.

With actual Glass I like it to be locked. I have owned games in the past that did not have locks and they were fine. If they had not been translite I would have put in a lock.

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, I'd replace the lock. Easy enough to do and will protect the glass from popping out next time you go to move the machine. Just dropping the glass back in, you run the risk of not being able to get it out if you need access i would think. That's a 1 1/8" lock. Pinball Resource sells them.

http://www.pbresource.com/locks.html

#4 9 years ago

If the latch is in the locked position, it should not be possible to put the backglass in the head. Perhaps --- the locking bar the extends across the top of the backbox has been removed. If this is the case you will need to find
a replacement.

If you shoot a picture it will clarify your situation.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

If the latch is in the locked position, it should not be possible to put the backglass in the head. Perhaps --- the locking bar the extends across the top of the backbox has been removed. If this is the case you will need to find
a replacement.
If you shoot a picture it will clarify your situation.

Yep, no way to reasonably get the glass back in as the bar extends across the top.

#6 9 years ago

Yeah, you might as well replace the lock. For a few bucks it's insurance so that you don't break your glass.
I've had way too many times where I've skipped things like this and wound up getting screwed over later! It's worth the couple bucks for insurance.

Derek

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

Yeah, you might as well replace the lock. For a few bucks it's insurance so that you don't break your glass.
I've had way too many times where I've skipped things like this and wound up getting screwed over later! It's worth the couple bucks for insurance.
Derek

Yep. Replaced the lock and all is well.

#8 9 years ago

Glad to hear it!

#9 9 years ago

The machines were originally equipped with 1-1/8" long Fort double bit "MAXI" locks and keys.

http://compx.com/images/compxfort_aug2013.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-key-for-early-ss-bally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.