forum-auditorium-gallery-4-1510111827 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 5.23.18 PM (resized).png
adfadf (resized).jpg
86EA7F2C-EEB5-44EB-907D-212C09CC069E (resized).jpeg
ECEF868C-0584-42C5-B33F-BB822B51BBB3 (resized).jpeg
33A0BADF-063D-4209-80B6-F6F5944818D0 (resized).jpeg
20180320_151529 (resized).jpg
190 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Here in Toronto we have "VIP" theatres with reclining leather seats, table service and booze. It's a premium priced product ($25 per person) so it tends to be older, quieter crowd. Yes it costs more, but for the number of times my wife and I go to the movies (maybe every 6 weeks) it's worth the extra cost for it to be an "experience".

If you haven't been to a Studio Movie Grill, you should try it at least once. Awesome table service in the theater. wide rows so the waitstaff can serve you without getting in the way. Fold out trays way larger that first class airplane seats. Food and booze. Modern buildings. There are 30 of them in the US so far. Mainly in Texas, CA (OP: One in Downey IIRC) and the Chicago areas. But also in Georgia, NC and one opening soon in the Unig of Indianapolis.

They are awesome. Bring your wallet though. Yes, they have movies too.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

One thing that amazes me is how much junk food some people will buy at the theater when the movie is free.

If people stop buying the junk food, the theater will go out of business. Is that what you want?

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You might hate one of the places we like to go. They have wait staff that comes around and you can order food and alcohol. Every other row of seats was removed and is a table in front of you.
It's fantastic.

As I mentioned in post #19. I think all of the Studio's are new construction though.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

Here in the Milwaukee area it’s about $14-15 for a reserved seat , and about $17 for a popcorn and a soda combo.

In the metro Detroit area, the nice theaters charge $10.00 for a ticket and $9.00 for popcorn & a soft drink. $13.00 for two drinks with popcorn. I consider that a decent value. Cheaper than any pro sporting events and parking is no charge. So, $31.00 for a couple.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

Trust me, there is no better feeling that ordering in, setting up a good film (new or old, doesn't matter) and settling down with the wife & girlfriend and truly enjoying the show.

Cool, a very understanding wife. You lucked out. That's VT , not UT, correct?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-interest-in-going-to-the-movies?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.