forum-auditorium-gallery-4-1510111827 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 5.23.18 PM (resized).png
adfadf (resized).jpg
86EA7F2C-EEB5-44EB-907D-212C09CC069E (resized).jpeg
ECEF868C-0584-42C5-B33F-BB822B51BBB3 (resized).jpeg
33A0BADF-063D-4209-80B6-F6F5944818D0 (resized).jpeg
20180320_151529 (resized).jpg
190 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

Just saw Pacific Rim 2 in IMAX.
Wow, that's a big screen!
It was my son's birthday party, the kids loved it. So did we.

That said, I usually wait the 3 months and then buy the Blu-ray. We tend to watch the Marvel movies many times over (did I mention we have a kid). Plex is your friend

With home screen sizes and sound bars most movies come to life with the convenience of pausing when your bladder is full, or you want a snack. And if you miss some dialogue due to extraneous noise, hit rewind.

I do like the sound of the experience though, and agree with comedies in a public setting. We saw Serenity in the theater for just that reason, group experience.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I took my kids to a food/movie a while back. It was fun but wow was it expensive. Tickets were free since I had a gift card but still paid over $70 in food. Movies are fun for the most part part but not worth all the money it takes to bring my whole family. I can buy the movie on bluray for cheaper when it comes out. Rarely is there a movie that I feel is a must see in theaters. I'm surprised the movie theaters have not really done anything to improve the movie experience. Some have nicer theaters but really it's the exact same experience when I was a kid. Some gross overpriced food, same dinky little arcade, same previews, and same annoyances.

Ha, yeah, I was reading their concession stand sign: Get a second large soft drink for only $6.19!

What!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-interest-in-going-to-the-movies?tu=RonSS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.