Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by J85M
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lostinspace (resized).jpg
    hC07AC55B (resized).jpg
    Debbie (resized).jpg
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpg
    Bonanza Special Guest Star Jonathan Harris (resized).png
    dd0a3dd44eaabf87dcb8a2f7916aa062--mission-impossible-random-pictures (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    a72f76cea35a7c658613555176d246c1--mission-impossible-tv-series (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    twilight-zone-its-a-good-life (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rps20180729_112122 (resized).jpg
    LISimages (resized).jpg
    lis (resized).jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Shouldn't Dr. Smith finally get his due?
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Didn’t think you liked old themes o-din?

I just got back from watching mission impossible fallout and holy sh*t it was good, the action scenes in this one are awesome.

The last few films have been excellent and there’s a tonne of scenes that would make for great pinball especially in the current lcd era.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t think you like old theme o-din?

It's the only thing on at the moment.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes she should. No old man themes here.

B9693EA3-93B2-4869-ADDC-99F25750A498 (resized).jpegB9693EA3-93B2-4869-ADDC-99F25750A498 (resized).jpeg

#5 5 years ago

They had at least 2 of these at ReplayFX this weekend. I had never even heard of it before this (Apparently only 600 made)

Just couldn't get in to it myself, though it was a nice looking pin.

lis (resized).jpglis (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

They had at least 2 of these at ReplayFX this weekend.

But where's Dr. Smith or the kid with the pointy finger?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

They had at least 2 of these at ReplayFX this weekend. I had never even heard of it before this (Apparently only 600 made)
    Just couldn't get in to it myself, though it was a nice looking pin.
    [quoted image]

Is that ID4, just rethemed?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

No, but I can see where you would say that. BORING title. It’s a shame, as I would have picked something like this up if it were fun

#9 5 years ago

Lost In Space could be a pretty cool theme, especially if the netflix show takes off and they theme it on that.

I can hear "Danger Will Robinson" multiball starting up now.....

#10 5 years ago

You been up late on Saturday watching Me TV again O-Din?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

its "Twister" with the layout in reverse

#12 5 years ago

The Saga Lost in Space wasn't too bad.... I think if someone re-wrote the code it would be much better. It seemed like there was an automatic third ball multi-ball, and then when they all drain, you get another multi-ball to reward you for sucking at your first multiball. I assume there is something in the settings to get away from this, but if not, really needs someone to tweak the code.

They have a spinning disk on the playfield, and launched balls can go straight to middle of the disk which is kind of neat, but twice it threw the ball straight between the flippers.

#13 5 years ago

Would LOVE a Lost in Space pinball! Watched the entire classic series beginning to end during a time I was recovering from a health issue.

Fond memories of after school re-runs. Campy, cool, Sci-fi, even if a little preachy at times

LISimages (resized).jpgLISimages (resized).jpg
    #14 5 years ago

Either the tilt or fast drain call-outs can be Dr. Smith saying "Oh the pain, dear William boy, the pain".

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

No, but I can see where you would say that. BORING title. It’s a shame, as I would have picked something like this up if it were fun

All of those later SEGA’s look the same. Unfortunately, pretty boring. Not a huge fan of the “SEGA Showcase”. Doesn’t do much for me.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t think you liked old themes o-din?
    I just got back from watching mission impossible fallout and holy sh*t it was good, the action scenes in this one are awesome.
    The last few films have been excellent and there’s a tonne of scenes that would make for great pinball especially in the current lcd era.

I would like to see a mission impossible pin, but do you think they could possibly make it with very little tom cruise?

I'd be turned off by a tom Cruise pinball. Just my opinion.

Lost in space original is so good.

I would like to build my own robot. Complete with weapons. Today's technology.

#17 5 years ago

Saw the Netflix show. Dr Smith was trying too gender-hard and didn’t fit well with the story. ( think Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica reboot...ugh.).

Robot was dumb.

Original was campy but fun. Why try to ‘improve’ all the tine?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Most definitely yes. If anyone says otherwise they are a bubble headed boobie.

rps20180729_112122 (resized).jpgrps20180729_112122 (resized).jpg

#19 5 years ago

Loved the original as a kid....Not so much with Matt Leblanc, but a fellow pinhead near me has one, and it is a fun ass game to play!

Now the new series, I managed to get my wife to watch, and we both were immersed.
    We truly do not enjoy the actress and Role of Dr Smith on this show, but she does emote dislike instantly...That and she looks like an old bitchy girlfriend I had.

Still, the theme is cool, and other than Star Wars, and Star Trek, it would be nice to see an ambitious Space theme, with unique surprises, rather than being too familiar. (Id love advanced modes that nothing but surprises!)

Just my 2 cents...Ill bet Odin, myself and others also added Kristen to our favorite 60s Hotties!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would like to see a mission impossible pin, but do you think they could possibly make it with very little tom cruise?
    I'd be turned off by a tom Cruise pinball. Just my opinion.

I know Tom Cruise is like marmite (if you don’t have that product in the US this reference will fly over your head) you either love him or hate him no inbetween.

But regardless of his views and beliefs the guys risks his life to make the MI series as authentic as possible and you have to give the guy credit for that, the stunts in the newest MI are insane and they make the film so good, easily the best in the series imo.

Translate and art package like the last couple of movies, film posters would be great and cruise blends in nicely with all the other cast nicely represented, but Cruise is MI and all the cool scenes that would be awesome for pinball have him front and centre, still think it would be a kickass pin!

#21 5 years ago

Tom Cruise actually seems like a pretty cool guy. They filmed parts of Days of Thunder in my small town. Everyone who met him said he was pleasant and down to earth. He even mentioned us during a recent TV appearance. Now Rob Lowe on the other hand...

#22 5 years ago

I love the original series, but only the first season. The second and subsequent seasons were pretty bad once they lost the serious edge and became really campy to compete with Batman.

The movie they made in the 90s was pure trash in my opinion. Horrible.

I gotta check out the new Netflix series though. I hear nothing but good things.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But where's the kid with the pointy finger?

Ah, there he is.

twilight-zone-its-a-good-life (resized).jpgtwilight-zone-its-a-good-life (resized).jpg
    #24 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

You been up late on Saturday watching Me TV again O-Din?

You thought I wasn't? After Kolchak, Lost in Space came on. And that's pretty much the last thing I remember until just about an hour ago.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Saw the Netflix show. Dr Smith was trying too gender-hard and didn’t fit well with the story. ( think Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica reboot...ugh.).
    Robot was dumb.
    Original was campy but fun. Why try to ‘improve’ all the tine?

I'm not sure what this means, Katie Sackoff as Starbuck was great.

#26 5 years ago

I would love to see a Lost in Space pin from the original series. Own all 3 seasons on DVD.

"DANGER DANGER Will Robinson!"

#27 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/lost-in-space

Does already having a pin on a theme matter? despite versions, i want my own robot.

#29 5 years ago

What I never really understood is this "special guest star" shit. It's not like the dude wasn't on every episode.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #30 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What I never really understood is this "special guest star" shit. It's not like the dude wasn't on every episode.[quoted image]

Contracts regarding billing that were already drawn up before he joined the show.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I know Tom Cruise is like marmite (if you don’t have that product in the US this reference will fly over your head) you either love him or hate him no inbetween.
    But regardless of his views and beliefs the guys risks his life to make the MI series as authentic as possible and you have to give the guy credit for that, the stunts in the newest MI are insane and they make the film so good, easily the best in the series imo.
    Translate and art package like the last couple of movies, film posters would be great and cruise blends in nicely with all the other cast nicely represented, but Cruise is MI and all the cool scenes that would be awesome for pinball have him front and centre, still think it would be a kickass pin!

I like tom cruise but somewhere down the line came the disconnect. He is a rock star, but...

I will go see the mission impossible and tom cruise always puts his all into performances.

The comment about the pin being all about him or whether it would be too much. For my taste.

Now if you loved tom cruise that would make a pin.

You could get his rights and skip everyone else in all the movies. Make it a Tom Cruise pin. Straight up. I bet he would be interested.

I am a dreamer ideas flowing everyday all the time. Going to play pinball.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Here ya go! No Peter Graves either.

a72f76cea35a7c658613555176d246c1--mission-impossible-tv-series (resized).jpga72f76cea35a7c658613555176d246c1--mission-impossible-tv-series (resized).jpg
    #33 5 years ago

My brain feels a little bit like a slightly fragmented hard drive from the future was installed in my head. Brain surgeries. It really does though.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I like tom cruise but somewhere down the line came the disconnect.

Ya think?

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Here ya go! No Peter Graves either.[quoted image]

I would be totaling trying to hit on her on the set. Space 1999. Insert poster pic.

#36 5 years ago
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would be totaling trying to hit on her on the set. Space 1999. Insert poster pic.

I actually first got into Mission Impossible during the Spock years with Barnie talking jive and a young Sam Elliot.

There was just something about Leslie Ann Warren.

dd0a3dd44eaabf87dcb8a2f7916aa062--mission-impossible-random-pictures (resized).jpgdd0a3dd44eaabf87dcb8a2f7916aa062--mission-impossible-random-pictures (resized).jpg
    #38 5 years ago

Wheres Ted? Didnt he have a guest appearance?

How about just a 60s TV show Pin in General....
    Change the Channel, Play a new show....Complete the Show modes....Rescue Gilligan, Get Arnold the pig on TV, Fix the Cement Pond in the back....
    Great Music, Nostalgia, and clips for the screen....

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What I never really understood is this "special guest star" shit. It's not like the dude wasn't on every episode.[quoted image]

In the first season Dr. Smith was supposed to be killed off around the sixth episode, so Jonathan Harris was listed in the credits as a "Special guest star".
    But after the show began airing it was deemed that the show needed a reoccurring antagonist so he was written into the series as a regular cast member, but the "special guest star" tag stayed on. And if you have ever seen the original pilot, there is no Dr. Smith or Robot, however footage from the unaired pilot is used in the first five episodes.

#40 5 years ago

In the first season Dr. Smith was supposed to be killed off around the sixth episode, so Jonathan Harris was listed in the credits as a "Special guest star".
    but after the show aired it was deemed that the show needed a reoccurring antagonist so he was written into the series as a regular cast member, but the "special guest star" tag stayed on. And if you have ever seen the original pilot, there is no Dr. Smith or Robot, however footage from the unaired pilot is used in the first five episodes.

Yeah I remember that. But he wasn't the only one tagged as a "special guest star" on a show they were one of the main stars.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How about just a 60s TV show Pin in General....

That's about the only thing my damaged brain can handle at 2:00 in the morning.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Here ya go! No Peter Graves either.[quoted image]

No peter Lupis? He was in all seven seasons.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah I remember that. But he wasn't the only one tagged as a "special guest star" on a show they were one of the main stars.

That's about the only thing my damaged brain can handle at 2:00 in the morning.

It was probably cheaper to keep using "Special Guest star" than tochange the title animation.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ja6pw

#43 5 years ago

No peter Lupis? He was in all seven seasons.

I haven't looked it up but it seems he missed an episode here or there. But yep, here is is doing the famous "mission impossible karate chop" before they got that special hand held poison injector.

But no Martin Landau!

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:It was probably cheaper to keep using "Special Guest star" than tochange the title animation.

This dude's all kinds of special.

Bonanza Special Guest Star Jonathan Harris (resized).pngBonanza Special Guest Star Jonathan Harris (resized).png
    #45 5 years ago

Is that from an episode of Bonanza?

And I have to admit I also watch Me T.V. on occasion (especially since there's now a HD feed on Charter and over the air).
    IMG_1403 (resized).jpgIMG_1403 (resized).jpg

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think Debbie needs to get her due...

Debbie (resized).jpgDebbie (resized).jpg
    #47 5 years ago
    hC07AC55B (resized).jpghC07AC55B (resized).jpg
    #48 5 years ago

Well I certainly wasn't getting my initials on anything at ReplayFX with my scores.

I didn't hate the game but half the time I kept thinking "Why is Joey Tribbiani on the playfield?"

lostinspace (resized).jpglostinspace (resized).jpg
    #49 5 years ago

Just started watching the Netflix series, so far so good loving it!

Does the pin have any redeeming features everyone seems to be giving it a hard time, a good mode? A good shot?

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Just started watching the Netflix series, so far so good loving it!
    Does the pin have any redeeming features everyone seems to be giving it a hard time, a good mode? A good shot?

I own the Sega lost In space and like it the spinning disc with the magnet is a cool feature and I like the layout on the game.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-in-space-pinball-1?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.