IMG_4479 (resized).JPG
20170411_122043 (resized).jpg
IMG_4469 (resized).JPG
IMG_4466 (resized).JPG
tmp_12899-IMAG3108338333072.jpg
IMAG3107.jpg
IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
IMG_4460 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Damn you're good! So the one in the middle is cooked, as long as I'm using this meter correctly.
The paper says 6V 10A. The one I pulled says 32V 10A. Yikes.
I'm assuming that's bad? It's a lot higher and it blew (for some reason).
There are two others. One fuse just says BUSS AGC 15. That one was in the other slot that says 6V 10A.
The third one at the top says BUSS AGC 10. That one was in the 50V 15A.
Looks like these are all messed up.
Do I want slow blow or fast blow? Can I get these things at an auto parts store?

You want slow blow fuse. The middle fuse (which looks blown) is a wire coiled up around a tube inside the glass fuse, those are a slow blowing type.

The voltage rating is a maximum type rating. Ie a 32v fuse should only be used in a circuit up to 32v. Most glass cartridge fuses now-a-days are 250v rated, well within you 6v lamp range.

Home improvement type stores might have the fuses. We have Menards around here and they carry a good selection of fuses including the one you need.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It makes sense now. So I can use a fuse with a voltage rating the same or higher than defined by the circuit. As for amperge, it has to match what is defined by the machine.
It looks like the only thing I can find locally is fast acting.

You can safely use a fast blow in place of a slow blow, it just might not survive surge situations.

Considering how the lamps work and comments from posters above, fast blow probably will be fine here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-gi-after-messing-with-a-bulb?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.