Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Jgel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Hey Pinsiders,
    Long story short, I had a guy approach me with an offer. This man has about 500 jukeboxes, a few arcades and a couple hundred pins. They used to be part of a vending business but have not been touched for some time. I was told if I can help him by appraising and selling I would get first choice of a few machines and a jukebox. This is not the guy who ran the business and he knows nothing about them. I have not seen them yet but am going on Monday to do an inventory and see how bad of condition these machines are. As far as I know he is wanting to sell them as projects (not shopped). I will be testing each of these machines (AWESOME) and taking detailed photos. Since I am not going to be compensated with cash, I will be completely honest on conditions. Is this something you all would be interested or should I sell bulk to pinball restoration companies? Either way I win.
    I have not gotten anything in writing so he may still back out, but I will be trying to get a list of all the machines on Monday and start doing some research. If it does work out I will email photos of machines and defects (if any) to you.

#2 12 years ago

where are you located?
    I'd be interested in project pins.
    I'm in the Boston area

#5 12 years ago

Very interested... looking for bulk working projects myself.
    of course it depends on where you are located.

thanks for the offer!

#6 12 years ago

Count me in if it's close by, please tell us where, where!???!

#7 12 years ago

I am interested, but it all depends on where he is located and what kind of prices you will be giving projects.

#8 12 years ago

futurepinhead

I hope your not pulling our leg.
    Your new here so I hope what you wrote is accurate.
    Let us know where you are located and keep us updated.

I would even take some project games and pay the shipping depending on where you are located.

#9 12 years ago

Add me to the list of folks looking for a project pin.

#10 12 years ago

Where are you located? I'd be interested in a project pin.

#11 12 years ago

Yes, I am very serious. The place is located in Kentucky. My partner in this said he would ship in US. I still do not know what machines are available. Like I said the man has no idea about pinball so it might be a complete flop. He just said he has a couple hundred he needs to move. I'm hoping to find some treasures that everyone is searching for. If I can make this work I get free machines. My collection will go from zero to three in a day

#12 12 years ago

Sounds like a very interesting opportunity. I can't wait to see what games come out of this.

#13 12 years ago

Hiya, I'm looking for a Andromeda. If there's one in there please let me know. Also Barracora.

Thanks

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Hiya, I'm looking for a Andromeda. If there's one in there please let me know.

I love the artwork on that pin! There was a brief period of time a couple months ago where Andromeda was actually ranked #1 on the IPDB.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I love the artwork on that pin! There was a brief period of time a couple months ago where Andromeda was actually ranked #1 on the IPDB.

Yeah, it's way cool. Currently my most wanted. Only about 400 made, hopefully I can track one down.

#16 12 years ago

Let us know what you got futurepinhead when you got it, I got some cash burning a hole in my bank account right now and I've got the mad pin fever. Been waiting for a WH20, also consider a TAF, Xenon, FH, or EarthShaker.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

Let us know what you got futurepinhead when you got it, I got some cash burning a hole in my bank account right now and I've got the mad pin fever. Been waiting for a WH20, also consider a TAF, Xenon, FH, or EarthShaker.

Hopefully he has multiple of those, you listed 3 of my wishlists. haha

#18 12 years ago

If theres any room, count me in as well!

#20 12 years ago

Any updates?

Thanks

#21 12 years ago

oooh Kentucky, you're within short driving distance. I'm in! What you got?

#22 12 years ago

I'm close to the KY and would be in on project pins too

#23 12 years ago

Count me in. I'm going to take a guess that they are all EM machines.

Hope not, just a hunch. There's a few I'd break the bank to buy

#24 12 years ago

Count me in as well. Very interested to hear the titles in there

#25 12 years ago

so.... are they all beat up EM's or what?

#26 12 years ago

I interested in cabinets too - In case there is something out there

#27 12 years ago

Update:
    I did not have a chance to go today. I'm currently dealing with too many middle men. I'm trying to get in touch with the man directly. I want this to happen more than anyone because as you can see, I have zero in my collection.
    I also fear that most are EM but as of now I don't know. I'm not sure how long ago he went out of business. I will be updating no matter what.

#29 12 years ago

good luck with the contact

2 weeks later
    #30 12 years ago

Update: I am supposed to find something out this week. The middle man is negotiating now so the owner still has a chance to back out. Middle man is pretty sure he will back out of the deal which is bad since I have had my hopes set on this for a long time. He told me that if the owner does back out he will ask if I can just go see what he has. I might be able to talk him into selling one or two.

#31 12 years ago

good luck

#32 12 years ago

This sounds like quite the fiasco.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

This sounds like quite the fiasco.

+1 indeed

#34 12 years ago

Please let us know how it goes.

#35 12 years ago

I for sure will. This hobbie depends on team work.

#36 12 years ago

Would love to see a bunch of pins back in circulation.

#37 12 years ago

Update: Middle Man #2 says that he is going to bypass Middle Man #1 and we are going to drive to the location on Monday. We'll see if that actually happens but as of now that is what I have heard.

#38 12 years ago

Waited for Middle Man #2 didn't show up for the meet up. I waited for hour and a half. I am considering this thread closed. Sorry guys.

#39 12 years ago

Man that sucks. I was into hearing what you found.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-city-of-atlantis-pinball-found and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.