New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274825)

Lost bottom half of translite lighting

By sc0ttf

78 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200809_054932 (resized).jpg
20200809_122400 (resized).jpg

#1 78 days ago

Hey guys,

The bottom section of my T2 translite GI started flickering then all of a sudden seems to have died, top half of the translite lighting is fine along with everything else.

Checked fuses etc all seems okay, any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Scott

20200809_122400 (resized).jpg

#2 78 days ago

Lower left corner area of the driver board. Did we pull the GI fuses and check with a meter ?

Is the connector on the lower left side of the driver board burned ?

Is J120 or J121 along the bottom edge of the driver board burned ?

Do you have AC power going to the lower left side of the driver board ? AC power leaving J120 or J121 to the lights that are out ?

LTG : )

#3 78 days ago

Hey LTG,

Interestingly enough the lights seemed to come back on by themselves, shortly after posting this, I'll keep an eye on it and if they play up again I'll check your recommendations, many thanks for taking the time to reply dude.

Thanks,
Scott

#4 78 days ago

T2 is known for burned GI connectors as LTG mentioned. The problem will resurface. Better get familiar with crimping pins.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#5 77 days ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

T2 is known for burned GI connectors as LTG mentioned. The problem will resurface. Better get familiar with crimping pins.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Hook I picked up yesterday; new GI connectors, heavy duty pins and LED install is a way of life for Data East owners.

20200809_054932 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 19.99
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside