• Latest reply 1 year ago by arcyallen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

monopoly-ball-stuck (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Looking for advice on where else to look for the 4th ball, I have had the playfield straight up looking through wires, every nook and cranny, under all playfield parts. Any help would be appreciated, should I just get another ball?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from PCPope55:

Looking for advice on where else to look for the 4th ball, I have had the playfield straight up looking through wires, every nook and cranny, under all playfield parts. Any help would be appreciated, should I just get another ball?

If you know for sure, there’s a 4th ball, find it. Take a break, and come back to look, fresh set of eyes does wonders.

Always find the missing piece you drop, so it doesn’t cause potential damage and/or shorting. Did you here it drop into the cabinet, or is it still on the playfield?

Countless times I couldn’t find it in the first 10 minutes. Then I come back, and poof, easy find.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

If you know for sure, there’s a 4th ball, find it. Take a break, and come back to look, fresh set of eyes does wonders.
Always find the missing piece you drop, so it doesn’t cause potential damage and/or shorting. Did you here it drop into the cabinet, or is it still on the playfield?
Countless times I couldn’t find it in the first 10 minutes. Then I come back, and poof, easy find.

Bottom of cabinet.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Bottom of cabinet.

This.

I've had screws, spacers and other metallic items hide all over the cabinet, look carefully with a flashlight. Sometimes they get stuck on the speaker magnet (or even inside the speaker) but that shouldn't happen to your ball.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

This.
I've had screws, spacers and other metallic items hide all over the cabinet, look carefully with a flashlight. Sometimes they get stuck on the speaker magnet (or even inside the speaker) but that shouldn't happen to your ball.

I have had a number of pins I purchased, played to make sure they were worked, removed the correct number of balls, transported and setup and later found random balls hiding in the lower cabinet. Still surprises me to this day how they didn't make a racket when packing/unpacking so I make a point after setup to go looking for spare balls, nuts, washers, machine screws, etc that have accumulated down there.

#6 1 year ago

If you have kids, bribe them with $5 to find it. Maybe drag a telescoping magnet through the wire loom.

#7 1 year ago

If you've just been looking only from one side of the cabinet, move to the other side and change your perspective. Sometimes an object you're looking for can be spotted from another direction.

#8 1 year ago

It's not here is it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-monopoly-stuck-ball#post-1329262
monopoly-ball-stuck (resized).jpegmonopoly-ball-stuck (resized).jpeg

You could also check the ball jail / lock mechanism maybe. Seems as though sometimes balls can go in there and not be ejected or recognized upon starting another game.

See here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-ball-jail-ball-lock-issues

#9 1 year ago

Do what I (and apparently someone else) did: Just add another ball. The extra ball will eventually resurface. I found TWO extra balls inside my Halloween - both showed up (on separate days) on the playfield. To this day it still doesn't make sense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-ball-in-monopoly-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.