(Topic ID: 272442)

Lost another Music Legend

By RWH

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E5B33C39-604B-4912-8139-B568B7354E84 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200706-130930~2 (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Charlie Daniels passed today, R.I.P. Charlie. May he win his violin tussle with the devil

#2 3 years ago

Charlie was a gifted guitarist and producer, as well. Rest In Peace...

#5 3 years ago

If you know more than one Charlie Daniels song...you might be a redneck!

I only know one but it’s enough. One of the great novelty hits of all time! Probably sold a lot of fiddles too.

#6 3 years ago

Who else came here for Ennio Morricone?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Holy shit really?

That sucks.

Also...he was still alive?!

E5B33C39-604B-4912-8139-B568B7354E84 (resized).jpegE5B33C39-604B-4912-8139-B568B7354E84 (resized).jpeg
    #8 3 years ago

"At the other end of that 60-plus year career, Daniels used more of his voice in support of U.S. veterans, and was known to speak out on their behalf on social media until his final days.

In 1974, he launched the first “Volunteer Jam,” a regular all-star concert that has continued for nearly 50 years. Daniels joined the Grand Ole Opry in 2008, and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2016."

R.I.P. Charlie

Screenshot_20200706-130930~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200706-130930~2 (resized).png
    #9 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Oh damn. Watching "The Thing" tonight in his honor! Or once Upon a Time in the West...hmmm...might have time for both.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you know more than one Charlie Daniels song...you might be a redneck!
    I only know one but it’s enough. One of the great novelty hits of all time! Probably sold a lot of fiddles too.

You don't know "Uneasy Rider" (either version but the '88 version is very politically-incorrect today, original still better anyway) or "Long Haired Country Boy"?? Other favs of mine include Drinking my Baby Goodbye and Legend of Wooley Swamp.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also...he was still alive?!

I know, right?!?

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

You don't know "Uneasy Rider" (either version but the '88 version is very politically-incorrect today, original still better anyway) or "Long Haired Country Boy"?? Other favs of mine include Drinking my Baby Goodbye and Legend of Wooley Swamp.

Hot damn I do know uneasy rider.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

You don't know "Uneasy Rider" (either version but the '88 version is very politically-incorrect today, original still better anyway) or "Long Haired Country Boy"??

Looked them up and def never heard them. Little too country to play on classic rock stations would be my guess

#14 3 years ago

About twenty years ago we went to go see Hank Williams JR in concert. Opening act was Charlie Daniels who proceeded to tear the roof off the place, I mean that man was NONSTOP for 2+ hours, WOW!! Hank Jr. gets up on stage and that was the worst thing I'd ever heard. I kept hoping they would take Jr. back off stage and bring Charlie back out but no such luck. RIP in Mr. Daniels.

John

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Looked them up and def never heard them. Little too country to play on classic rock stations would be my guess

Long Haired Country Boy used get the occasionally play on the main rock stations around here back in the mid / late 70s / early 80s. Uneasy Rider is just funny, "steppin and fetchin like their heads were on fire and their asses were catching"

#16 3 years ago

We saw him at a smaller Country Fair a couple years ago when he was 80 years old and he was still fantastic in concert. Put on a great show and we were just totally amazed at the energy he had on stage. Glad we got to see him live one last time! A concert we will never forget in a great little venue so you felt up close & personal.

#17 3 years ago

Charlie WAS North Carolina!
    Ennio Morricone WAS the best, ever!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

once Upon a Time in the West.

The best, Western hands down!

#19 3 years ago

<--- former long-haired country boy

RIP, Charlie.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

YUP

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I like it but it just can’t compete with the sprawling epic that is Good Bad and Ugly.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like it but it just can’t compete with the sprawling epic that is Good Bad and Ugly.

It's the easier choice for sure with more moving parts, nothing to argue over they're both great.

#23 3 years ago

Charlie is the main reason I took up the fiddle back in middle school.
    RIP to the maestro.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Meh.... not really.

Now the musical score is another thing.

#25 3 years ago

A few years back i started listening more to Johnny Cash on Pandora.. which led me into some Charlie Daniels' stuff.

Really enjoy his music.

RIP.

#26 3 years ago

Just got the news here, on a Norwegian news website.

RIP Charlie, you had a good run.

#27 3 years ago

Call up Trudy on the telephone...

#28 3 years ago

Charlie who? Ennio was a legend, a genius.

#29 3 years ago

Sad news.

My condolences to his family and friends.

LTG : (

#30 3 years ago

I was living in Texas when "country rock" was getting big down there with Jerry Jeff Walker and Ray Wliey Hubbard. Uneasy Rider hit the airwaves and I had to have that vinyl album.

At one time I had all of the words memorized.

I was taking a trip to LA
    Tooling along in my Chevrolet
    Tokin' on a number
    And diggin' on the radio.

I remember reading years go that Charlie had changed his ways and sort of dis-owned Long Hair Country Boy.

RIP Charlie

#31 3 years ago

One of my favorite commercials of all time.

Hard to pic a favorite from all of Charlie's greats, but Legend of Wooley Swamp is right up the with The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Both are excellent written tales to go along with great fiddle playing.

RIP CD

#32 3 years ago

RIP Ennio Morricone.
    When I was 14 years old in 1966 I was an usher at the old Crestwood Theater in Crestwood, Missouri. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly played there for over three months. One showing a night because the movie was so long. Sold out the theater almost every night.
    I worked there every night 6 days a week. I know the soundtrack to this movie by heart. And I never got tired of listening to it. Still my favorite movie and soundtrack to this day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lost-another-music-legend?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.