Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by weeze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

h First steps on a "new to me" game, took the playfield out, flipped it over and did all the things you usually do when you first get a game from somewhere else. New bulbs, coil sleeves, all new standup targets, and the occasional switch. put it back in started a game and went to work on all the pool balls that were not reacting tp their targets or roll over switches and I worked on them for actually quite some time.
Ok start a game. and I've got ZERO power from the Pop bumpers on down, no flippers or slingshots or rollovers or targets. All the G.I. lights are on but the bottom 3/4 of the playfield the assorted things have no power.
Went through the fuses again, pulled them out, checked the amps and checked with a continuity tester. They all test good.
Then I checked all the plugs male and female looking for any probs, found none. Now everything worked to different degrees and I was real close to being 100% when DOINK!!!!! power disappeared.
Remember now that the rollovers across the top and some of the 1 pt. switches are working until the kill zone.
Any suggestions on where to look besides fuses and the connectors?
Thank you.

Check contacts on "tilt" relay and also the switches on the back side of the ball count unit.

#9 4 years ago

"Flipper Pool" and it's replay sister, "Bank A Ball" both have the detached board with the female jones connectors mounted to it. There are a handful of other games which use this. The reason is, there isn't enough room in the lightbox to mount all the connectors.
Rarely is there an issue with the jones connectors, except for maybe a wire coming off. As I said, there is a switch on the back of the ball count unit which turns playfield power on and off (off at "game over", obviously). Don't know what you mean by a "hidden tilt". If the game isn't in tilt, and you have no power, there's contacts on the tilt relay which switches playfield power on and off (power off when tilted). If the switch is open or dirty, the game won't show tilt, but you'll have no playfield power. Check these two areas.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loss-of-power-on-flipper-pool?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.