(Topic ID: 233355)

New Pinball Owner

By Greenandwhite

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have been a fan of pinball since my youth and finally looking to buy my first pin NIB.

My hesitation is I plan on moving in 6-18 months. Would you defer the purchase until the move or am I over thinking it and should enjoy the game now?

I am not familiar with the cost associated to move the pin from one house to another but with a $ 9K game I want to ensure it’s properly transported.

The experience on this board is a great asset, all input is welcomed. Thank you.

#2 5 years ago

Don;t worry aboot it. You're going to end up getting more down the road and selling some so moving them around is going to become second nature.
    Appliance dolly, so lifting is all it's going to take.

#3 5 years ago

You are over thinking things and what does moving a pin have to do with losing your virginity??

#4 5 years ago

These things are made to move, so don't over think it. There are some good instructions here on pinside for breaking down and moving games, and there are also some good videos out there. In time you will be able to do it in your sleep. Go for it....POP THAT CHERRY>.......................

#5 5 years ago

If I had immediate plans to move, I would delay the purchase. There is enough going on moving already. In our last move I actually sold ome of our pins and several pieces of furniture to avoid having to move them.

Not sure about cost to move a pin, I always move them on my own. They aren’t really hard things to move (especially Sterns... they are light as a feather compared to most).... I’m just thinking logiatically.

#6 5 years ago

You should move first and then pop that pinball cherry!

#7 5 years ago

I’m in the move first then purchase club. I absolutely hate moving and all that goes with it. The last thing I want to do is worry about moving a pinball machine on top if it. Especially if I haven’t done it before.

Now if you plan on hiring movers, then screw those guys I’m playing now. Just make sure they take care in moving the machine for you.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I am not familiar with the cost associated to move the pin from one house to another but with a $ 9K game I want to ensure it’s properly transported.

You need a vehicle, A dolly, some beer/pizza for a friend that will help you, and watch some youtube videos on it. Easy. Personally I wouldn;t trust somone other than myself to move them...people will probably have LESS idea than you do how to move one!

But are we talking to another state or in the same town move?

#9 5 years ago

I am sure you think it is funny to post a title like this, but it messes with pinside search, and that is how we end up with junk topics like this over and over.

#10 5 years ago

I had my movers at gunpoint, no problems with my pins at all

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

I am sure you think it is funny to post a title like this, but it messes with pinside search, and that is how we end up with junk topics like this over and over.

New guy has never moved one and just asking a question. That's all.

#12 5 years ago

If you’re not leaving for 6-18 months, I’d go a ahead a pick up a pin and start having fun. When you move, it won’t be too much extra to do, no more trouble than transporting a big dresser or bed. Think about all the fun you can have for the next year with you own pin! You may even be able to sell before you leave after you’ve had time to enjoy it.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for changing the title! Good luck with the move, I’m sure you won’t have any issues, get the pin and enjoy.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Thanks for changing the title!

Can't change the URL - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/losing-virginity-

LTG : )

#15 5 years ago

Lots of good insights, thank you. These games are expensive NIB but I feel a little better about buying my first pin now. I’m looking at an MBRLE, not sure how long I will have to wait to receive it tho ...

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Thanks for changing the title! Good luck with the move, I’m sure you won’t have any issues, get the pin and enjoy.

Oh, I must have only seen the "new" title. I take back my eye roll.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Oh, I must have only seen the "new" title. I take back my eye roll.

His old title said help loose pinball virginity, just an odd choice of words for pinball advice

#18 5 years ago

You don't need a NIB pin if you are getting sticker shock. There are plenty of used games reasonably priced available.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/losing-virginity- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.