switch (resized).jpg
BCU (resized).JPG
DSC05413 (resized).JPG
ballcount (resized).JPG
LAU (resized).jpg
Lightboxunit1.pdf (PDF preview)
LAU (resized).png
InkedLightboxUnit_LI (resized).jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

I confirmed, my ship ahoy does this upon reset... when everything is zero'ed out ball count is 6th position and the ball then gets kicked then hits a switch which then turns ball count to 5.

What you have to do is figure out why your ball drain/kick is not activating. That may be a bigger deal, a little above my knowledge. Something to do with either the switch itself or what about the whole credit/no credit switch? I haven't had to play with mine any, it was disabled by someone else or I should say it always has credit. But that would prevent the game from reset.

What about the door rattle thingy, doesn't that need to energize allowing the game to proceed with kicking the ball for play?? I always thought it was something to do with credit switch.

Bee-Barf can you take a picture of the switch on the underside of your drain/kick area?? I'll compare to mine.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Bee-barf:

The ball doesn't kick out on ball 6 (game start) so manually put ball in play, everything is good until ball drains, then nothing happens? I also have it set on Add A Ball -when it goes threw the spinner, where the yellow light stops, isn't that number to lite on the wheel?

There is a adjustment for how the spinner plays. If the "when lit" is not lit when you hit the spinner you don't get the number... during game play keep an eye on it, does it light for a little while then go out, then come back? It follows score to alternate when lit or not. Again it can be adjusted, on the bottom board on the far right there should be a "spin-n-spot" adjustment. You can move this up or down changing how much the "when lit" light stays lit. I have my always lit by putting the three pins connecting with the three sockets that have wires going to them(furthest back or rear). The arrow points to LIB. whatever that means on the little label.

Let me know if that helps any.

#53 6 years ago

Thanks amxman, I have my spinner adjustment at liberal. I have to find out why, my ball kick out is not working, it did recently. Just a few contact adjustments ago. What a hobby! Thanks

#54 6 years ago

I got it now, I reversed the middle switch on the ball count unit Now it will play. BUT, it still will not kick the ball out. Manually roll ball over subtract ball count, everything is great, then ball drains and stays there. Thanks. Almost there.

#55 6 years ago

I'd like to use a jumper wire, but, where do I connect to?

#56 6 years ago

Out hole switch and coil to switch arm.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Bee-barf:

Out hole switch and coil to switch arm.

The hole kicker coil (that kicks the ball out of the outhole) is fired by a switch on the score motor and a closed switch on the O relay, which is probably not energizing.

This should be the next thing you investigate: why is the O relay not energizing when the ball is in the outhole?

Do you have a schematic for Ship Ahoy?

#58 6 years ago

Double post, ignore.

#59 6 years ago

Thanks leckmeck, here is a shot of my schematic. Thanks so much!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#60 6 years ago

Sorry, this is better.

#61 6 years ago

I think i'm learning schematics. I played a couple of games. The only thing is - I can get 100,000 lite to lite, but, no 200,000 or higher. Here is my schematic of this area. Please help me follow the path. Or suggestions to try. Thank you.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Bee-barf:

I think i'm learning schematics. I played a couple of games. The only thing is - I can get 100,000 lite to lite, but, no 200,000 or higher. Here is my schematic of this area. Please help me follow the path. Or suggestions to try. Thank you.

Ship Ahoy has two game modes: add-a-ball and novelty.

In add-a-ball mode, the litebox advance unit steps up each time you get a WOW, which illuminates those little flags on the backglass. When your score goes above 99k, the JX relay lights the 100k light, but that is the highest it goes.

In novelty mode, WOWs are worth 50k points instead of extra balls, so the wiring for the litebox advance unit is different. In this mode, it lights the lamps behind the 100k, 200k, 300k, etc. translucent areas for much higher scoring.

#63 6 years ago

Thanks, Ship Ahoy is a great game. It's up and running then 100%. Sweet Thanks for all your help and expertise. Are you an Add a Ball fan also?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Bee-barf:

Thanks, Ship Ahoy is a great game. It's up and running then 100%. Sweet Thanks for all your help and expertise. Are you an Add a Ball fan also?

Glad to hear your game is working!

I’d say half my collection consists of AAB titles. They were kind of an infatuation when I began collecting because I lived in Wisconsin at the time.

#65 6 years ago

Hey leckmeck, didn't you do a rehab on Dimension a while back, I also have a dimension. It's almost 100% working. Here's whats going on. Starting a new game, no targets reset. When you get the targets down, and the ball drains, then the targets reset. What contacts do you think are not connecting? Thank You!

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Bee-barf:

Hey leckmeck, didn't you do a rehab on Dimension a while back, I also have a dimension. It's almost 100% working. Here's whats going on. Starting a new game, no targets reset. When you get the targets down, and the ball drains, then the targets reset. What contacts do you think are not connecting? Thank You!

My Dimension is still mid-restoration; I had to set it aside because of a large project at work.

But I can take a look at my schematic for you. I'll let you know if I see anything.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Bee-barf:

Have a look at this annotated schematic. The green lines are the path when the target banks reset during startup. The pink line is the path taken when draining the ball resets the targets. The blue path is circuit they share in common.

My hunch is you have a problem with the make-break switch on DB or the switches on the LB and AB armatures. These armatures are the switches on the other side of the sequence bank. They are operated by part number A-9032, a plate with a small round insulator upon which the switches rest. This insulator prevents the entire sequence bank from getting electrified with line voltage. On my Dimension, these insulators were missing and the switches did not work correctly. See attached picture of A-9032 from PBR’s website.

Dimension SchematicDimension Schematic

A-9032A-9032

#68 6 years ago

Thanks, I had that carriage unscrewed and upside down working on those miserable hidden switches. I thought that might be shorting. I did put electrical tape on the frame to prevent that. I will put on small plugs in the holes to isolate the two. It will be a couple days, before I can get at that and checking the DB, LB and AB armatures. Thanks for your wisdom and encouragement. I will keep you updated. Thanks

#69 6 years ago

-UPDATE

I was able to adjust the switch's away from the WOW ball count gear unit pin, it now works as it should, no loss of ball when on last WOW.

Thanks for your help!

3 years later
#70 3 years ago
Quoted from amxman:

Could I just add washer or maybe a thin piece of plastic to space the whole switch stack away from the pin on the ratchet wheel? I don't want to adjust 7 switch tabs, seeing how it would be my first try at it I don't want to mess it up.
I'm also going to check the mounting tab that the switches mount to, to make sure it is not bent somehow.

i am exactly at this point with a Team one have tried to adjust the switches but they are correct at position one and switches one two and four are open with three closed at zero position one two and four are closed with #3 open. What I am finding is that at position one on the light box it counts down along with the ball count when it drains. What was your solution for this? Thanks in advance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lose-ball-with-wow-lit/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.