(Topic ID: 110582)

Lord of the Rings Shaker kit available?

By SoCalPinballs

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells the shaker kit complete with roms and all needed parts as a package? I have a standard 2004 LOTR.

#2 9 years ago

I have the same problem. Ready to buy if a source is available.

#3 9 years ago

Never heard of anybody carrying everything.

only 4 parts needed

Shaker motor kit (Pinball Life)
10.02 CPU eprom (That Pinball Place) (plus Display eprom needs to be 10.00 if it's not already)
Custom GAL chip (Pinbits)
2 wires; Have to wire it into the cabinet. 1 from the small board to the red wire on the door interlock switch and a much longer wire from the small board to the Driver Board in the head.

#6 9 years ago

That is very helpful also sckurk. Thank you!

2 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

So I ordered all the parts. Installed the roms, PAL chip, shaker motor etc. Machine booted fine. Wired the red wire to the upper red wire on the coin door switch. Ran the brown/white wire to pin 5 of the connector with the orange and blue wires. Wired the large piggyback harness to the top of the driver board to J16 as instructed.
Now when I power on the game the shaker works great but the Ring opto and Tower opto are not working. If I unplug the supplied piggyback connector from J16 and plug it back into the board as original, the optos work properly again but not the shaker.
What could I be doing wrong?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

So I ordered all the parts. Installed the roms, PAL chip, shaker motor etc. Machine booted fine. Wired the red wire to the upper red wire on the coin door switch. Ran the brown/white wire to pin 5 of the connector with the orange and blue wires. Wired the large piggyback harness to the top of the driver board to J16 as instructed.
Now when I power on the game the shaker works great but the Ring opto and Tower opto are not working. If I unplug the supplied piggyback connector from J16 and plug it back into the board as original, the optos work properly again but not the shaker.
What could I be doing wrong?

SoCalPinballs, I responded to your post on the other shaker motor installation thread in the link above. Does the shaker motor not work if you remove the piggyback connector but keep the brown/white wire connected to pin 5 of J9?

What rev of shaker motor did you buy?

I bought Rev B of the shaker motor, but I did not use a piggyback connector on J16, and my shaker motor works fine on LOTR.

#9 9 years ago

Thank you Razorbak86. I responded in the other post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lord-of-the-rings-shaker-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.