(Topic ID: 184849)

Lord of the rings - Jersey Jack Edition

By TouchingEvil

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lord-Of-The-Rings-Cartoon1 (resized).jpg
    Enlight7 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

The Hobbit is a great game, but it feels mighty lonley without Lord of the rings.

I know stern has made one, but i think Jersey Jack could do a great job with a new one like they did with The Hobbit. Love the lcd backbox with videos insteed of dot matrix like stern has.

Its a dream and a longshot, but i hope they make one so we can get a complete set.

PLEASE JERSEY JACK MAKE IT HAPPEND

Enlight7 (resized).jpgEnlight7 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I rather see new fresh ideas, than a remake of an already great game. Sterns version is deep, and it also plays and look extremely good. The only negative thing is the lack of an LCD-screen, cause i'm sure it would've given the game an extra dimension.

#3 7 years ago

It would be cool but like the above said, make a new theme not rehash old ideas. Stern did a phenomenal job with lotr. It would be pretty tough to top that.

#4 7 years ago

You do realize Keith Johnson programmed LOTR & TH right?

#5 7 years ago

I kind of look at The Hobbit as JJPs version of LOTR already.

#6 7 years ago
    #7 7 years ago

Just like with movies, that's a tough road to tread, getting compared with a classic.

No need to redo something that was done right the first time...

#8 7 years ago

WoW! Why the hate, if jersey jack made their own version with their lcd backbox.
    I know stern made on, but its not like movies where they put new actors.

I would love a new lord of the rings with new gameplay jersey jack style

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

WoW! Why the hate, if jersey jack made their own version with their lcd backbox.

I get what you are saying, but the Stern LOTR is good - and I don't think JJP wants to remake a popular Stern title like LOTR. Though I am with you in that I love the JJP build and LCD integration. Very nice platform and can't wait to see more of what JJP can do. WOZ and TH are awesome - and Dialed In is getting good reviews. Although I haven't played it yet - so I can't say.

#10 7 years ago

I love when the Swedes start trolling Pinside. It makes me feel like there's hope for humanity.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I love when the Swedes start trolling Pinside. It makes me feel like there's hope for humanity.

I hate that word trolling, its kids talk.

#12 7 years ago

Only if it was to be themed after the original movie this time...

Lord-Of-The-Rings-Cartoon1 (resized).jpgLord-Of-The-Rings-Cartoon1 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Only if it was to be themed after the original movie this time...

Its not a bad ide, but i would rather like the peter jackson version

#14 7 years ago

Kids talk or not - it is an actual word that merriam recognizes. And definition 4 covers it exactly.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/troll

(I hate it when kids use real words)

#15 7 years ago

What can I say, I was an early reader. What's your excuse?

#16 7 years ago

The funny thing about this topic is that wasn't Jack the one who talked Gary into making the LOTR LE run? I heard there was a fall out between them when other distributors were allowed in on that run of games and that pisses Jack off so he decided to build his own games.

#18 7 years ago

Wouldn't Stern still have the license for LOTR? If so, even if JJP wanted they wouldn't be able to.

#19 7 years ago

Ugh jj gameplay? So basically completely ruin the game?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lord-of-the-rings-jersey-jack-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.