• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MMGB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi
This concerns #Lord of the Rings
After the ring is destroyed, the pin starts as expected to acitvate lamps/coils etc. After a while the error message: arise, and the software stalls where golum hangs from the last cliff. After a ball search, game goes back to normal.

I've added according Videos.
here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jPR3rt_KfNtGK-0Dm-nSsJ0-6i0ddxKj?usp=sharing
The Sequence is:
1_RingDestroyed.mp4,
after this the software hangs where golumn hangs off the cliff. But since the ring is destroyed the flippers are disabled and I have to wait until the ball search starts and then returns to normal play.
2_StallAfterFingIsDestroyedAndBallSearch.mp4

In the test menu coil #21 works perfectly well. So I have no idea what could be wrong. Any hints are very appreciated.

Thank you
#Lord of the Rings

#2 2 years ago

There is a microswitch on the wireform tube in the back there - make sure that is adjusted properly so that the game knows everytime the ball passes through behind the ring.
Other than that I have nothing.

#3 2 years ago

Thank you I'll check that. Although I expect it to work, as the Ring destroyed sequence 'everything on ghe playfield is shaking and moving' is initiated only after a while of everything is shaking this error message appears. I would expect if the switch is not working the destroyed ring sequence of everything shaking would not start.
But I will check anyway

#4 2 years ago

Check switches 17, 18, and 19 to ensure they aren’t stuck closed or sticking closed for a while after a ball rolls over them. Maybe the machines thinks a ball is still on one of those switches and that coil 21 isn’t working to allow the ball to move. Just a guess, but seems logical.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from MMGB:

Check switches 17, 18, and 19 to ensure they aren’t stuck closed or sticking closed for a while after a ball rolls over them. Maybe the machines thinks a ball is still on one of those switches and that coil 21 isn’t working to allow the ball to move. Just a guess, but seems logical.

Thank you, yes, I will do that the switches: Sword Lock High, Sword, Lock Mid, Sword, Lock Low.
In the static tests they work fine, but it's for sure another story during ring destroyed mode, when everything is shaking. So I am thinking of probably replacing them all.

#6 2 years ago

Thank you all for your support
The issue is solved. Switch 24 (right ramp made) one cable was no longer soldered.

#7 2 years ago

Glad you figured it out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Narragansett, RI
Machine - For Sale
Leawood, KS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 7.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Birdsboro, PA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.