Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gov
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9-10-2014 4-39-38 PM.png
9-10-2014 4-37-12 PM.png

#1 5 years ago

I have a lord of the rings pinball that blew a fuse for the flippers. When i replaced the flippers the left coil melted. What can I check to see what caused this. Thanks for your help.

#2 5 years ago

The driver is short and needs to be replaced too i guess .

#3 5 years ago

Q15 transistor probably blown according to the manual and here is where it is located on the Power Driver board (see red arrow). If you have a DMM you can test it to verify but most likely it is blown and causing the coil to lock on when you turn it on or start a game. Fix this first before replacing the coil otherwise it will melt another one.

9-10-2014 4-37-12 PM.png
9-10-2014 4-39-38 PM.png

#4 5 years ago

Awesome advice. I will take a look to see if it is blown. So totally a stupid question for you guys but what is a DMM and how do I use it to test the transistor? Thanks.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

Awesome advice. I will take a look to see if it is blown. So totally a stupid question for you guys but what is a DMM and how do I use it to test the transistor? Thanks.

Digital Multi Meter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside