Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

addams (resized).jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Did anyone catch the recent clip from a live stream of the guy playing ACDC and going completely bonkers on the machine? Kicked it. Lifted it up and slammed it down. It was a whole petulant child routine and pretty embarrassing. I want to say it was branded Buffalo Pinball but I could be wrong. I saw it within the last month. I can't find it now, it must have been taken down.

I saw that, it was ridiculous. They did take it down.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I would like to have seen that, guy must be a real idiot!

#53 6 years ago

During a game of Taxi my wife will curse at Lola like you would not believe when she "makes" her drain and hit the lock bar so hard I expect to see shattered glass. Me, I take a step back, take a sip of beer and carry on.

#54 6 years ago

I often give the game the finger when I make a perfect shot but it still results in a drain (ball jumps off a ramp, scoop ejects with a rare effect and results in an outlane drain, ...)

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I can’t believe they took it down. It was classic! That’s what streaming is all about and would have gotten a bunch of extra hits/views cause of it.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I get it! Cause you think he took a penis in the butthole on that deal! (And this metaphorical penis would cause way more pain if you didn’t apply lubrication first.)
    Hilarious and original!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was a grammar police joke, not a shit joke.
    RTS must stand for "Ridin' the schlong" cause that seems to be your M.O. when it comes to me.

Grammar joke or shit joke, it's equally stupid, and no different than the post you mocked in the "Is this Hobby Affordable" thread.

I see you refer to penises in both of your responses. So clever.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Grammar joke or shit joke, it's equally stupid, and no different than the post you mocked in the "Is this Hobby Affordable" thread.
    I see you refer to penises in both of your responses. So clever.

I see you continue to follow me around with the dullest and least interesting snipes possible. So clever.

Also: penis.

#58 6 years ago

I personally can’t get myself to hit a pin, it would make me feel bad if I did I do cuss a ton and walk away from the game, take a lap around the attic. I talk to myself when I play at home hahaha I don’t know why

#59 6 years ago

I don't do anything to my machines I wouldn't do to anybody else's machines. However, I've seen some shit done to mine that I would probably never do...but - I don't really care.

These things were out in the wild for 20 years in most cases before I got them. No telling what abuses they suffered, and they turned out just fine. Most pinball people are twits when it comes to babying these games, in my opinion anyway.......

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I see you continue to follow me around with the dullest and least interesting snipes possible. So clever.
    Also: penis.

Okay, this one was kinda funny.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Okay, this one was kinda funny.

I sense a bromance in the making!

#62 6 years ago

In the em days, I used to wear hard soled shoes and kick the game underneath the coin box. It didn't take a real hard kick to make one hell of a racket. I had to be careful not to hit my shin on the lower corner of the cabinet.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

In the em days, I used to wear hard soled shoes and kick the game underneath the coin box. It didn't take a real hard kick to make one hell of a racket. I had to be careful not to hit my shin on the lower corner of the cabinet.

On some EM's you shut the machine "off" by kicking the bottom and triggering a switch.

#64 6 years ago

Dialed In is the first game I've owned that made me mad enough to actually shove it hard enough to move it.

Holy crap is that game frustrating - draining with three lit SIM cards! GODDAMMIT

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Dialed In is the first game I've owned that made me mad enough to actually shove it hard enough to move it.
    Holy crap is that game frustrating - draining with three lit SIM cards! GODDAMMIT

Definitely can make you blow a fuse. I was getting irritated that I could rarely ever collect the SIM cards until I realized the JJP we're design flaws. Have the Cliffys now, and will get them installed over the holidays.

#66 6 years ago

I replaced the factory ones with cliffys. The SIM shot is just really freaking difficult.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I replaced the factory ones with cliffys. The SIM shot is just really freaking difficult.

Then you're in the perfect thread

2 weeks later
    #68 6 years ago

I've never raged at a game before. . . Until my first NIB. GB Premium. Played the pro, liked it except for the right saucer. Figured that the premium would fix that. Holy crap the premium was not smooth and beyond brutal. Every shot counted when playing it. But God help you if you ripped a shot into the right orbit and the ball would skip over the fking switch. The front of that game got picked up and slammed for the piece of sh!t it was. It is no longer in my collection.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

I've never raged at a game before. . . Until my first NIB. GB Premium. Played the pro, liked it except for the right saucer. Figured that the premium would fix that. Holy crap the premium was not smooth and beyond brutal. Every shot counted when playing it. But God help you if you ripped a shot into the right orbit and the ball would skip over the fking switch. The front of that game got picked up and slammed for the piece of sh!t it was. It is no longer in my collection.

Hahaha. That's definitely a post fit for this thread. I have a close friend of mine with an LE, and I swear if it we're in my house, there would be a bar stool going right through the glass! That damn flipper gap!

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I can’t believe they took it down. It was classic! That’s what streaming is all about and would have gotten a bunch of extra hits/views cause of it.

I was going to go look for it and post a link. Bummer it's gone. I've never done anything like that to a machine, but I understood the feeling.

For me, I usually end up blurting out swears at the machine and I drain while I'm close to an objective. It seems to happen a lot more on Iron Man and AC/DC.

#71 6 years ago

Goddamn Paragon irks me everytime, dang drain-monster LOL

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I often give the game the finger when I make a perfect shot but it still results in a drain (ball jumps off a ramp, scoop ejects with a rare effect and results in an outlane drain, ...)

I flip my games off regularly.

#73 6 years ago

No one likes a slow playing pin that is easy. We like those fast, butt kicking sessions---especially when the pin is on free play and costs nothing to go another round. Like a lab rat looking for its next fix we hit the credit button again. And again. And again.

Sort of sounds like we all have masochistic tendencies. And the pin that has that "one more time" appeal offers up the gratification we crave

#74 6 years ago

Never. I just walk away.

#75 6 years ago

I had to stop slamming my hip into the front. I've had a hard deposit form on it from the constant bruising. Now I just start the damn game over. Hip is healing nicely LOL.

4 months later
    #76 5 years ago

So I think I've found the most frustrating game ever... TWD!!!

I was tempting to throw my beer glass right at the game the other night haha!

This thing is such a ballbuster! I nudged the game so much on one of my longer games that my palms felt bruised!

So, anyone else have the urge to do anything stupid lately?

#77 5 years ago

I'm outright abusive to my own games both verbally and physically. I will probably destroy one at some point over a really good/bad game.

#78 5 years ago

I really can't post my behavior when things don't go well on a public forum because it's atrocious

The short answer is HELL YEAH.

#79 5 years ago

The new select buttons take the most abuse from me. Why would they put it right in front of me if it wasn't meant to be hit 50 times after losing a bad ball?

#80 5 years ago

I think we can all agree that there's no f@cking sense in outlanes.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I think we can all agree that there's no f@cking sense in outlanes.

Someone needs to seriously tell that to Borg. WTF was he thinking with TWD!?!?!

And let's take a moment to really think about this thread... We do realize how spoiled and privileged we are to have these machines right? Like, some people don't know where their next meal is coming from!

And for the most part, I play my pins and smile beamingly.

But then I'm one mode away from Terminus, and the ball comes out from the pops and goes SDTM with no possibility of changing the fate of it. And then it's blackout crazy in my eyes haha!

#82 5 years ago

I have punched down on the lock bar on more than one occasion. My go to word of choice when I lose it is, "Whore!" I don't know why I call my machines whores, but I do. I also slammed a Back to the Future machine through a wall. If I recall correctly, I screamed out the word whore very loudly that time. I stopped doing that when I got married and had children. They don't need to hear it. I will do it in my head though. The machines don't need to hear it either. They know what I am thinking.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

Someone needs to seriously tell that to Borg. WTF was he thinking with TWD!?!?!

Or his GOTG!

Seriously, outlanes were created in the 60's to turn over the games quicker and give ops more revenue.

Now, most games are sold to homeowners, and they serve little purpose other than to piss us off.

#84 5 years ago

The only pin that gets me to the point of,go get me a hammer is Fishtales. Sometimes that game gets my blood pressure up.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I have punched down on the lock bar on more than one occasion. My go to word of choice when I lose it is, "Whore!" I don't know why I call my machines whores, but I do. I also slammed a Back to the Future machine through a wall. If I recall correctly, I screamed out the word whore very loudly that time. I stopped doing that when I got married and had children. They don't need to hear it. I will do it in my head though. The machines don't need to hear it either. They know what I am thinking.

Whenever I work on a machine, I always drop a screw, nut or bolt in, or on, the worst possible location. I usually can't reach it, or I can't find it. I can't leave it alone, because it could be in a position to short circuit something when I power the machine back on. Because this happens so frequently, I have stepped it up a notch and those times require me to mentally call my games, "F*CKIN WHORES"

#86 5 years ago

Punched hole in wall. Twice. Kneed the coin door the other day and dented in that panel that covers dollar bill acceptor. The worst is catching a knee on the sharp corner of the coin return push button housing. Every time it happens I writhe in pain and bruise for several days. Always realizing I deserved it.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

The only pin that gets me to the point of,go get me a hammer is Fishtales. Sometimes that game gets my blood pressure up.

lmao. This is so freaking true. While it's not the only game that makes me rage it is up there. Dialed In is up there as well.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

100% THIS!!! I have one in my office and I hulk rage almost every time that I play it. Side drain, side drain, hit captive ball only to go SDTM, stingy on points. It has to be one of the most rage inducing pins on earth. Thing is though, it's a great game and I can't bring myself to get rid of it lol. Second for me would have to be TSPP, also stingy on points and a side drainer.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

lmao. This is so freaking true. While it's not the only game that makes me rage it is up there. Dialed In is up there as well.

F@#$ Dialed In! Such a drain. With SIM memory off there is no point playing it imo.

#90 5 years ago

I put my knee to the coin door of LOTR once that I broke the key inside the lock. Had to take some skill to remove the broken key and lucky I had a spare. (Un)fortunately I don't have that game anymore!

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I never use no one anyway as it sounds stupid. You are always better off with nobody.

I'm sorry; no body.

As in - no body, no crime?

I don't hit or kick my machines (or anyone else's). For some reason if I feel like I got screwed I just yell "Come on!" Might flip the game off on occasion or spout out an occasional "Mother!"...but stop short on filling in the rest.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

F@#$ Dialed In! Such a drain. With SIM memory off there is no point playing it imo.

Really? Don't feel that way at all. Collected 5 sim cards the other day on factory settings and I'm a marginal player at best. I don't want to be beating my home games in the first few months. usually average a couple SIMs a game.

But didn't your DI also give you fits when you first got it?

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Might flip the game off on occasion

Brilliant. This my go to move as well when I can avoid violence.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Really? Don't feel that way at all. Collected 5 sim cards the other day on factory settings and I'm a marginal player at best. I don't want to be beating my home games in the first few months. usually average a couple SIMs a game.
    But didn't your DI also give you fits when you first got it?

Yes, there were a long list of problems with my game. All resolved now, but the game still kicks my ass!

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Or his GOTG!
    Seriously, outlanes were created in the 60's to turn over the games quicker and give ops more revenue.
    Now, most games are sold to homeowners, and they serve little purpose other than to piss us off.

Zip ties are the cure....lol

#96 5 years ago

I have called my games "bitch" and given double middle fingers to the backglass many times

4 weeks later
    #97 5 years ago

I got so pissed off at LOTR last night!

I've banned myself from pinball until I play it the way I should... For fun!

You guys ever have a streak of really good games, then out of nowhere, you just can't make shots or keep the ball from draining?

My average score in LOTR is about 150-200 million, and after 5 games last night, I could barely break 20 million!

#98 5 years ago

Only game I lost it on seems to be my newly acquired AFMr. Usually when I get a new game my only goal is to completely finish the game and get to the end. Unless it’s ridiculously hard like TWD or AC/DC. Anyway I was in RTU mode & scoring big then all my balls drained at once. I had been trying for weeks and I had a “Rage against the Machine” moment slamming the game! My family thinks I’m crazy! My daughter said I thought you play those games to relax.....not have an aneurysm

#99 5 years ago

I have always been told to never discipline your kids or pinball machines in anger. Wait to cool down then make them all stand in the corner.

#100 5 years ago

My PinBot can be a stupid fing piece of shit and deserves to be punched from time to time.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loosing-your-sht-on-your-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.