(Topic ID: 117189)

loosing 12v when hot/reset when cools down

By splitskull

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider splitskull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I need some help to understand why I'm loosing 12v after some time on power supply board. Nothing attached to it. About 2-3min after power on, 12v goes out. If cools down a bit (2-3min again), got the 12v back. Fuses are all ok(4A as per manual), slow blow. Not the resettable type.

any ideas

#5 9 years ago

some weird stuff now, but I'll check more tomorrow. Like putting all back and now I got 12v but the fkin led went out lol.

The board has a few LM317T. It's in a weird position and I don't have enough room in there. I bet one will test different then the other. Checked all the diodes and resistors ok. There is also a bridge rectifier that gets hot but I guess that is normal? I can check the pins and looks ok. I'll google tomorrow how to check a LM317T

And I didn't link a game because is not pin related, but lots of people here have good electronics knowledge.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Fine, but what is it? Different things are wired differently.

It's an Ami/Rowe WP100A jukebox.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider splitskull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loosing-12v-when-hotreset-when-cools-down?tu=splitskull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.