You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fire queen bonus unit (resized).jpg
fire queen arrow (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20210510_111708 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tony3quarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

I think I'm in trouble here.
I was cleaning the Bonus Unit and out popped this wire you see hanging here.

I don't know if it was not connected to something, or if it got loose when I pulled the Bonus Unit down to clean it.

I think the wire is white with silver band with a tiny connector at the end. There doesn't seem to be any solder on the connector, but it does have a hole.
I am not sure about the colors, because I am legally blind and even though I can see a little, I have been told that I am a little color blind. A result of severe chemotherapy a few years back. Plus, I have to work on this machine with one hand holding a magnifying glass, which also hampers color vision due to the possible distortion of the magnifying glass.

I don't see any wire anywhere near the Bonus Unit on the schematic with those colors, so i'm stuck there too.

I put the playfield back down and fired up the Fire Queen and hit the white targets to make the bonus lights add. I stopped at 10,000 and then drained the ball.
but the ball did not start the reset sequence. The ball draining worked fine before I started cleaning the Bonus feature, so now I don't know if there is something wrong with it, or the loose wire caused the drain sequence not to work.

BTW, the reason I was cleaning the Bonus Unit was because it would add ok when the white drops were hit, but when the ball was drained, the bonus lights would count down, but it would not add the bonus points on the score reels. Everything else would work fine.

Sorry this message is so long.

Thank you for your help.

Tony

20210510_111708 (resized).jpg20210510_111708 (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies.
I guess I should continue on to the bigger problem, the one that caused me to work on the bonus feature.

What happens is that the bonus lights (and the bonus stepper) counts up with no problem. Then when the ball drains and all the reset happens, the lights and the bonus stepper counts down with no problem, but it does not ADD the 1000 points per light as it turns off the bonus lights.

I thought it was the bonus stepper, so I took it apart and cleaned the dirty rivets, the spring loaded contacts, and everything else, but although it is working cleaner now, it did not fix the problem with the score adding the 1000 points per lit bonus lights.

Kinda disappointing when you rack up 10,000 bonus points and it doesn't get added to you score when the ball drains !

As far as the loose wire goes, Balltwit is going to take some pictures of the area on another Fire Queen and maybe we can figure out where the wire goes.

#11 2 years ago

1) I used alligator clips as Howard suggested and everything worked. I went from Red wire on right side of diagram to L relay and started working back through zero bonus switch, K relay all the way back to red and all worked. Even the K relay activated when I put 30 volts to it.

2) The loose wire does not reach the #4 bulb. I put in all new lights in the bonus string, and every light worked except #1, so it turns out the wire is actually white-blue. All the wires in the game are severely discolored, so using color as an indicator does not work.

3) Starting the game, it starts in the two player mode. Can't get it to work for just one player. The player feature works fine, showing which ball is in play and which player is up.

4) The ball kicker works now when you start a new game or when the player drains and next player is up. Not really sure how I fixed that.

5) Someone suggested to go through all the features of the game and see if they are all working. I started the list and maybe there are more things not working or the lamps are just out. Been working on first problem so much haven't been able to look for more problems.

Well, I've been working on this for weeks now, and no real progress, so I think I'm just going to take a rest from it for awhile. I don't know enough about repairing EM's to really fix anything without breaking something else. Too bad you techs don't live in the Seattle area and would like a challenge. !

Anyway, thank you very much for all your help. It's been great working with you guys...

Tony

#14 2 years ago

Right frenchmarky, there is no coin unit in this game.

chas10e: the wt-blue wire goes on the bonus unit where it came off the rivet. I would have to take down the bonus unit again to solder the wire in the right place. Right now I'm just putting that on the back burner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tony3quarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loose-wire-near-bonus-unit?tu=tony3quarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.