Coin switch (resized).jpg
20190308_162200 (resized).jpg
20190308_162147 (resized).jpg
Loose wire 04 (resized).jpg
Loose wire 03 (resized).jpg
Loose wire 02 (resized).jpg
Loose wire 01 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Could some owner of a Fireball [1972] (or someone who is good at reading schematics) please help me check where the loose wire below belongs. I am trying to fix the machine and one of the problems is a score motor that never stops (described in another thread). The problem I need help with here is that the coin switch does nothing to activate the machine. Could it have something to do with the loose wire?

Loose wire 01 (resized).jpgLoose wire 01 (resized).jpgLoose wire 02 (resized).jpgLoose wire 02 (resized).jpgLoose wire 03 (resized).jpgLoose wire 03 (resized).jpgLoose wire 04 (resized).jpgLoose wire 04 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Maybe you can reach out to this guy? It looks like he was having the same problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-1972-is-dead#post-4866301

#3 5 years ago

Hope this helps. This is my left coin slot (when looking at the back of the door). This is from an Air Aces, similar vintage.

You may have to reference the schematic for the colors and compare to yours.

20190308_162147 (resized).jpg20190308_162147 (resized).jpg20190308_162200 (resized).jpg20190308_162200 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Looks like the coin lockout has been disconnected-no impact on score motor.

#5 5 years ago

The coin lockout coil was constantly running earlier (probably because the score motor wouldn't/won't stop) so I disconnected it. So, I don't think that this loose wire has something to do with the coin lockout.

There are three connections on the coin switch and they seem to be (from left to right) on Skidave's machine:
1. Red/white
2. Yellow/black
3. White

That might be the same as on my machine (the colors seem a bit distorted) but I have two wires connected to the left position.

I have been trying to find the coin switch on the schematics, but it is not the easiest thing. Is it what I have put a circle around below? There are only two connection there and they are:
Black/yellow (wrong order)
Orange/Red

So, that can't be it...

Coin switch (resized).jpgCoin switch (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

These are the coin switches

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Thanks!

I only have one coin chute.

The coin switch also has a NC connection. Where is that one in the schematics (1st coin chute)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loose-wire-in-fireball-1972?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.