Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tallgrass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My Addams Family has the metal protectors for the plastic ramps, but the screws holding them down work loose quickly. What is the best method to get them to stay tight?

I was thinking about putting toothpicks in the holes, breaking them off and then tightening the screws.

Thanks Jay

#2 10 years ago

There is something called Loctite we often use on screws at work to keep them from doing what you see.

It's this kind of thing:

http://www.filmtools.com/loctite-242-threadlocker-adhesive-glue.html

Buy it wherever you want.

#3 10 years ago

Yes toothpicks work good with a small amount of wood glue,
you might want to try larger screws (+ Dia.) or 'crazy glue' on the threads also.

#4 10 years ago

No disrespect to you BrokeDad. But in my experience I don´t think loctite will help you in this matter. Loctite reacts with metal ions and lack of oxygen. So a metal screw, screwed into plastic is not a job for loctite I belive.

Maybe filling the hole with a gluegun and reinserting the screw again could work.

Cheers

#5 10 years ago

No problem WET .. it's all about each member offering help. Mine isn't always the best solution. Thanks for offering up your opinion and helping too. If I was right all the time I'd be some kind person everyone hated and not what I want be here.

#6 10 years ago

brokedad,with your avatar...you can be wrong as much as you like!

#7 10 years ago

Nail polish is a good "poors man's" loctite.

Also, be aware that there are many different grades and formulations of loctite (which is the brand). Make sure you get a removable low or medium strength formula (usually called loctite "blue", or 242), not one of the high strength "permanent" formulae (such as loctite "red", or 272). You need to apply heat with a butane torch to loosen the permanent stuff.

On second thought, forget the loctite, just use nail polish.

#8 10 years ago

I was thinking of the toothpicks w/o glue so the screws could easily be removed if needed. However if they are easily removed then it is tough to keep them from working loose. A little glue should work and if the head of the screw is in good shape still removable if needed.

I use locktite on the scope mounts for my rifles and it is a great product for metal.

I think Brokedad's avatar could be my next ex-wife.

Thanks for the replies.

#9 10 years ago

Yeah Brokedad , who is this lady playing pinball?
inquiring minds want to know

#10 10 years ago

Her name is Dawn. She is one of my co-workers who used to model in her younger years. She gave me the picture since she knows I'm into pinball.

#11 10 years ago

I like to take wood glue and mix it with some sawdust and fill the hole with that, and then re-screw in the screw should be good to go.

#12 10 years ago

OH - you are talking about the playfield. For a minute I thought you were taling about the avatar!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manheim, PA
$ 25.00
Lighting - Led
Pinshakers
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia Station, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside