(Topic ID: 145763)

loose flippers.

By aveamike

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

hello

how do you fix loose flippers. i don't mean at the crank arm. the flipper holds its lock.... it just is loose in side to side movement.

thanks,

mike

#2 8 years ago

Did you check to make sure all the components are tight including the bushings and the main flipper plate? I assume that's what you mean when you say loose side to side? Or do you mean the flipper bat is actually loose on its post? If that's the case, you need new flipper bats.

#3 8 years ago

Could be a broken bushing...that happens a lot.

#4 8 years ago

it probably is the bushing.
    i avoid changing them because i have broken a couple of screws over the years trying to get them off.

#5 8 years ago

You really should replace the bushing whenever doing a flipper rebuild (I know they're not in the kits, but they should be). Red loctite was probably used on the previous rebuilds hence why the screws broke.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

Red loctite was probably used on the previous rebuilds hence why the screws broke

Yup. Always use blue loctite.

#7 8 years ago

You probably broke off the screws because there was a nut on the underside

#8 8 years ago

Do you guys use blue lock light on all your metal to metal connections?

#9 8 years ago

Don't know about those guys, but this guy has been reassembling pins for 30 years, I've never applied a drop of the stuff. And nothing has fallen off yet.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Don't know about those guys, but this guy has been reassembling pins for 30 years, I've never applied a drop of the stuff. And nothing has fallen off yet.

True that.

#11 8 years ago

I've used blue on a few things that take excessive vibration or trouble areas but I agree, it is generally not needed but certainly doesn't hurt.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I've never needed it on a pinball machine either.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loose-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.