(Topic ID: 5169)

Loop record HS2 (HighSpeed 2: The Getaway)

By PinballParadise

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sixsixtie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

High_Speed_(1_of_2).jpg
027.JPG
2011-08-18_07-17-03_969.jpg
2011-08-18_07-17-12_874.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Mine is 4, what is yours?

Photo to follow.

#2 12 years ago

I have had a few miracle games where everything went right. I actually scored my loop record during my higest scoring game ever on HSII.

2011-08-18_07-17-12_874.jpg2011-08-18_07-17-12_874.jpg 2011-08-18_07-17-03_969.jpg2011-08-18_07-17-03_969.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Mine was 4, until I got sick of the double ring post in the entry of the loop (under the left pop bumper), pulled it and got 6, LOL. I don't know why that post is there, I think it seriously cuts down on the flow of the loop.

So with post 4, without post 6.

#4 12 years ago

Wow Shane, 8 is mighty impressive.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

mighty impressive.

Just lucky on that game. The planets aligned and the relative humidity and the barometric pressure were just right.

#6 12 years ago

There was 8 on mine when I got it. Its been a personal challenge to beat it and bump his initials off. So far Ive been able to tie but not beat it....

#7 12 years ago

8.. Shine a light. You've reactions like a cat.

Excellent work.

#8 12 years ago

6. But I have the record for most photographs of a gorilla playing pinball.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

But I have the record for most photographs of a gorilla playing pinball.

So, an actual gorilla playing pinball? I would love to see that and see what the gorilla would do to the machine when it got frustrated... bet it would get "parted" out!

#10 12 years ago

8 on my first night of playing it. Must be all the practice I've had hitting the pf multiplier loop on DW (way harder IMO).

#11 12 years ago

^^^ I get ya.. I miss my DW.

#12 12 years ago

I sold my HSII but mine was 11 when I had it. Great game, I kind of got sick of it though, just loops, loops and more loops. I sold it to non collector family, and told them to give me first crack at it if they ever sold it down the road...I wish I had more room to keep ALL my games I've had so far

#13 12 years ago

I also like the jump loop on No Fear.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

.I wish I had more room to keep ALL my games I've had so far

After I get my most wanted pin, I don't think I will ever let any go after that. I may have to trade some of my current ones if my top choice(s) become available, but I really enjoy the machines I have now. Hard to think about parting from any of them...

#15 12 years ago

Wonder if WOZ will count the time you can send the ball around on the upper right field?

#16 12 years ago

The post is there to protect the edge of the metal guide but don't think it needs to be a star post so I just replaced it with a metal post and rubber sleeve. Still will disrupt the flow but not near as bad as that star post. Thanks for the idea.

#17 12 years ago

Cool SC, thanks for the info. I may try the smaller post and sleeve.

11 months later
#18 11 years ago

I hear what you guys are saying, but I leave that post in. The person who I bought mine from also removed the post and tossed it in the bottom of the cabinet. Personally, I think the game difficulty goes way down if you remove it, which means you'll get bored with your game much more quickly. While all those loops are cool, it's personally much more rewarding when you get a bunch with it installed. My personal best is 6 with the original star post installed.

2 weeks later
#20 11 years ago

I'll post mine think I'm at 12

I think it counts the loop per 1 ball so if you get 6 in a row then back to the right bottom flipper and hit it again you can continue

#21 11 years ago

I just bought HS2 on E Bay

ebay.com link: itm

Been thinking about putting in a new translite

All together with shipping i paid 1850.00

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Mine was 4, until I got sick of the double ring post in the entry of the loop (under the left pop bumper), pulled it and got 6, LOL. I don't know why that post is there, I think it seriously cuts down on the flow of the loop.
So with post 4, without post 6.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Ive played games with the post removed its roughly 1000x easier. I call BS on the ones claiming over 10 loops. My guess is either the post is gone or the speed of the ball was minimal. Any fine tuned HS2 you wil not be getting 10+ loops. DMD screen shot not enough, need vid

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This guy knows what he's talking about. Ive played games with the post removed its roughly 1000x easier. I call BS on the ones claiming over 10 loops. My guess is either the post is gone or the speed of the ball was minimal. Any fine tuned HS2 you wil not be getting 10+ loops. DMD screen shot not enough, need vid []

The 15 loops in my pic happened last night, as it happens. BUT, the post you are referring to may or may not be there. The machine is new to me, and it's my first pin, so I'm not sure if there were any mods made to it or not.

For the record, it wasn't me that got the 15 loops, but I was standing there watching it with mouth agape. My highest was 4, so yeah...

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from MNpinballplayer:

If I did not have one already I would have snagged that one. I got the Translite too. Congrats.

#25 11 years ago

Record is 9 on mine with the post installed by a non-pin friend. Funny how that works sometimes! I think mine was 5 once.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from MNpinballplayer:

That looks like a real nice machine for that kind of money, a good deal. I paid 1800 for mine and while in good condition, it's not shopped like that.

#27 11 years ago

I cant stand that double post. I think Im going to reduce mine to a mini post with rubber.

#28 11 years ago

Here's my 6, you can see the post in the lower left installed. I really think it needs to be installed or you get crazy scores that the table wasn't meant to produce. Of course that's just my opinion, but it gets really boring without it...

High_Speed_(1_of_2).jpgHigh_Speed_(1_of_2).jpg

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I really think it needs to be installed or you get crazy scores that the table wasn't meant to produce. Of course that's just my opinion, but it gets really boring without it...

hardly.. When I miss loop shots, it has nothing to do with the post.
And the loops don't have that much effect on high scores anyway imo.

#31 11 years ago

I've done 9 a number of times but never more.

#32 11 years ago

Depends on how the game is set up obviously.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loop-record-hs2-highspeed-2-the-getaway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.