(Topic ID: 302030)

Looks Like There's a New Stern Home Pin (Jurassic)!

By CrazyLevi

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 742 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by STLOkie
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BCAFE749-D35B-4973-9CB7-52D8AF6704CE (resized).jpeg
D6CABEF1-BB23-4210-A455-097A2787FA2D (resized).jpeg
C61845CB-61BB-4845-8A9D-26EEBAB3E6DF (resized).jpeg
AFCCDD34-850D-439A-B725-695D482AA3DE (resized).jpeg
E1142A1E-FDEA-44EB-ACC9-50A521C8030A (resized).jpeg
IMG_3232 (resized).JPG
IMG_3233 (resized).JPG
7ACD48F8-D257-4B98-995E-9D58E80BF7C5 (resized).jpeg
BAE3E620-EFC1-43BA-B650-2EFEBFDF7390 (resized).jpeg
8BEEB629-B8BB-47C2-87BC-0AF4B0A1BA10 (resized).jpeg
637C72AA-4D53-403E-9061-22FB82CA8ED0 (resized).jpeg
22D2F157-E497-4524-A4EF-96EF9D3148D3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211220_013929115 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211220_011826705 (resized).jpg
90B75CB7-650D-4686-9B20-988092925276 (resized).jpeg
95EB8750-90C8-44A2-97DD-A16CF210F491 (resized).jpeg

There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 2 years ago

Jurassic Home Pin!

They clearly do not want to give up on this concept. Maybe Star Wars sales weren't that bad.

https://sternpinball.com/affordable-home-game/jurassic-park-pin/

Had to change the title as nobody seems to hate this. Unexpected!

#2 2 years ago

Looks better than Godzilla Pro...LOL

#3 2 years ago

Although if you read the reviews of the Star Wars home pin here, they are actually pretty positive.

Game looks pretty good (other than the dinky screen that saved them $20). $4699? Ouchy.

#4 2 years ago

Holy shit...IT MOVES!!!!!

Get ready for this home pin to be referenced from here till the end of time whenever something doesn't move.

#5 2 years ago

Im sure its quite fun! Now, if it was only half the price it would be worth it

#6 2 years ago

Looks like a fun game. At $2,000 less than a pro they may have finally found the sweet spot? That's real money. The previous home attempts were more like $1000-1500 less than a new pro.

Keep in mind there are budget consumers who still do not want to deal with buying used games.

#7 2 years ago

I bet this sells a ton... when they have a place for it on the line in like 2024.

#8 2 years ago

Jack Danger did it for Stern, apparently. Which is kinda cool. It's not for us here, and we all know it. But it's cool that Stern is using relevant pinball talent to get into designing new pins and letting the old guard that are burned out and stuck in their ways actually walk.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Holy shit...IT MOVES!!!!!
Get ready for this home pin to be referenced from here till the end of time whenever something doesn't move.

Does the ball lock in the raptor pen as well? A moving T-Rex and a locking raptor pen? Is this the LE version of the homepin?

#10 2 years ago

Pretty cool layout, looks fun to shoot. I'm sure the rules are shallow by design, but I'd take it in a heartbeat over most games from every other manufacturer.

#11 2 years ago

That layout (except for the TRex head position) is pretty different then the regular JP, wonder how the code will be? The Star Wars Pin was a simple game that was super easy to explain to newbies and got a lot of play while I owned it.

#12 2 years ago

Jack Danger's first game. I would have started him off with a fully new license and normal release. Stoked for him either way.

#13 2 years ago

Someone needs to make a mod for a larger screen

#14 2 years ago

again, we all get homepins now.. At a way way higher price..

This was 2499 just a short time ago.. Not much engineering feats since . the Commercial games only weigh about 150 pounds ...lol . Coin door and Bigger monitor . WOW !!!!! but now even a homepin would be out of reach of this guy being his salary didnt go up much since this interview and the game price doubled ..haha.

now when is my Price Gouged Godzilla LE With a coin door getting here BOM price 3450 MSRP 10500

LOW TECH ! 1st statement by Interviewer

#15 2 years ago

This looks great. Hell a few years ago this would have been a killer machine from Stern! I'd rather have this than Zep pro! You know what...screw it, I'd rather have this than Zep premium! I usually naysay the home pins but Jack knocked this thing out of the park. Well done!

Also I see they are using the BM66/DP ramp again. They love that thing, but why not? Its very versatile

#16 2 years ago

Hey Friends!
Stern let me reimagine the “Pin”, and it was a fun challenge making this game shine!
Had a lot of help from a lot of awesome people.

#17 2 years ago

Wow, this actually looks fun.

DE JP FOR SALE. $4600

#18 2 years ago

Will do great for the home market. Looks fun to shoot as well. Way to capitalize on the Jurassic Park license. Hats off to the guys and gals over at Stern.

#19 2 years ago

Game looks pretty cool actually. Too bad it doesn't have a smidge larger LCD.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Game looks pretty cool actually. Too bad it doesn't have a smidge larger LCD.

Easy mod. Larger LED in place of backglass.

Would look sick. I cant believe I want one.

#21 2 years ago

Looks pretty cool. Better then some of the stern pros at a glance. Probably is going to sell really well. Glad to see some solid games for the homepin lineup as with current price increases we may all be homepin buyers someday.

#22 2 years ago

Awesome. Looks fun and I hope they keep experimenting with the home pin idea. Jump shot looks great.

#23 2 years ago

Wireforms and metal ramps too! Cabinet artwork looks great.

Custom shooter rod!

#24 2 years ago

So are these smaller than normal pins? If not, then it seems like a good deal. With the base cost of pins from everyone being now around 6k+, a cheaper alternative sounds great

#25 2 years ago

Looks great and has all the right pinball stuff - toys, spinners, metal ramps, good art, etc. Much better looking than previous home pins. Display could be bigger but at least it's lcd. Stern definitely on the right track with this one.

#26 2 years ago

At first glance this looks more loaded than LZ Pro.

#27 2 years ago

Hope this means Jack will get a crack at a full size pin design in the vacated Ritchie slot!

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Hey Friends!
Stern let me reimagine the “Pin”, and it was a fun challenge making this game shine!

Looks cool; looking forward to seeing the reveal on Oct. 15th!

Congrats on getting this done!

#29 2 years ago

Nice job -design looks like a real fun shooter.
Good timing by Stern as these are probably more marketable today with escalating prices.
You may even have one by Christmas.

#30 2 years ago

perfect license for the home pin, and thats great that Jack got a shot to design it. Hoping hell get a shot at a cornerstone next. Already have a premium JP, but this should really sell.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Hey Friends!

Congrats Jack! Game looks great!

#32 2 years ago

Thanks all!!
The reveal will be on my test game actually, so they can pump out those sexy Godzillas!
Just wanted to give everyone a taste of what’s up!

#33 2 years ago

Sweet Sweet Jumps!

#34 2 years ago

I actually like it!

#35 2 years ago

Jurassic Park Pin DEEP DIVE: In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!

- Overview
- Price
- Who’s Who
- Features and Rules
- Press Release

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-pinball-announces-jurassic-park-pin-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 12.25.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-11 at 12.25.57 PM (resized).png
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks all!!
The reveal will be on my test game actually, so they can pump out those sexy Godzillas!
Just wanted to give everyone a taste of what’s up!

This game looks really cool...and you did a lot with a limited BOM! Really refreshing to not see another layout recycled into another theme again. I could see someplace like Costco selling the crap out of these. Stern is going to need another manufacturing line soon!

#37 2 years ago

The reveal video I thought it looked pretty good, but like most stern videos it was tough to get a sense in a minute of jump cuts.

Then I found the feature video that goes through every shot and feature in a controlled order explaining what it is and how it fits into the rules and objectives. That thing is packed.

I wish stern would drop a feature video like that with the initial announcement for their full machines.

#38 2 years ago

Congrats on your first design!

Who did the code, Waison?

How does that Trex work? Is it a turn around ramp and a spring on the jaw? Clever stuff. Also jump ramp hype!

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'd rather have this than Zep pro! You know what...screw it, I'd rather have this than Zep premium!

Yeah, okay.

#40 2 years ago

Waison in Code, Rob Blakeman was my engineer.
The Trex you shoot into the jungle (under her) and she spits the ball out!

#41 2 years ago

So I have never tried to get video signal out of a stern. Is it hard? Would adding a new display be hard? That would be my main question.

Im thinking LED monitor with a custom bracket and surround/art.

#42 2 years ago

Looks like a fun shooting game!

#43 2 years ago

Besides the Robo Cop jump ramp, any specific inspirations for the design?

The dino area kinda reminds me of AFM. Drops instead of a motorized bank, and some square standups at an angle around the center shot. Can you sneak a ball through with only the center drop down?

#44 2 years ago

DeadFlip - looks great! looking forward to your reveal!

#45 2 years ago

Wow this looks rad! Good job.

#46 2 years ago

Would love to have that translite as an alternate option for my premium. I wonder if it's the same size? I always liked the LE backglass, and this thing is very similar.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Wireforms and metal ramps too!

Looking closely at the lower ramp, looks like a mirror image of the Deadpool ramps.
Why not use something you've already engineered? Sure it saved on cost a little bit....

Later,
EV

#48 2 years ago

DeadFlip Wow what a surprise! I never saw this coming, a home pin! Definitely looks super fun to play. You are a “Jack” of all things pinball

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Looking closely at the lower ramp, looks like a mirror image of the Deadpool ramps.
Why not use something you've already engineered? Sure it saved on cost a little bit....
Later,
EV

And started with BM66, getting good use out of that one!

#50 2 years ago

Is $4699 street price?

Thing looks packed for a home edition and I’m mildly interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.