(Topic ID: 302030)

Looks Like There's a New Stern Home Pin (Jurassic)!

By CrazyLevi

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 742 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by STLOkie
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BCAFE749-D35B-4973-9CB7-52D8AF6704CE (resized).jpeg
D6CABEF1-BB23-4210-A455-097A2787FA2D (resized).jpeg
C61845CB-61BB-4845-8A9D-26EEBAB3E6DF (resized).jpeg
AFCCDD34-850D-439A-B725-695D482AA3DE (resized).jpeg
E1142A1E-FDEA-44EB-ACC9-50A521C8030A (resized).jpeg
IMG_3232 (resized).JPG
IMG_3233 (resized).JPG
7ACD48F8-D257-4B98-995E-9D58E80BF7C5 (resized).jpeg
BAE3E620-EFC1-43BA-B650-2EFEBFDF7390 (resized).jpeg
8BEEB629-B8BB-47C2-87BC-0AF4B0A1BA10 (resized).jpeg
637C72AA-4D53-403E-9061-22FB82CA8ED0 (resized).jpeg
22D2F157-E497-4524-A4EF-96EF9D3148D3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211220_013929115 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211220_011826705 (resized).jpg
90B75CB7-650D-4686-9B20-988092925276 (resized).jpeg
95EB8750-90C8-44A2-97DD-A16CF210F491 (resized).jpeg
There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

And yea this will be recorded.

Awesome - I may be out so that's great.

#302 2 years ago

I should note that at Project Pinball we have a number of Spider-Man Home and more recently Star Wars Home machines on location. The wear, tear, and reliability is on par with 'regular' machines from what we have seen.

#303 2 years ago

Really looking forward to the stream!

#304 2 years ago

Link to stream?

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Link to stream?

Download twitch app and search deadflip

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Download twitch app and search deadflip

Yeah thanks I found it just googling his name and streaming lol.

#307 2 years ago

Great stream, as I said earlier I have no doubt that this is going to be a very popular machine

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Great stream, as I said earlier I have no doubt that this is going to be a very popular machine

Agreed. Looks like a blast. Much more approachable rule set and more open shots than the commercial version. Lots of re-used animations(which makes sense from cost standpoint). Would have like to see a little more variety from the others in terms of this along with the music but overall it looks like a homerun for the home pin level of gaming.

#309 2 years ago

Thanks so much for tuning in tonight!
What an absolute wild ride this has been.
❤️❤️

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks so much for tuning in tonight!
What an absolute wild ride this has been.
❤️❤️

Well done! Excellent layout. Look forward to seeing final wizard mode next stream.

#311 2 years ago

How will the MDF hold up in most basements with zero control of humidity?

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Can you remove and re attach screws on there or will the screw hole just wear to dust?

Game looks nice

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’ll have to double check but I’m almost certain it’s moisture resistant MDF

#314 2 years ago

Cool stream DeadFlip and thanks for answering some of my questions. This may be my first pinball machine ever.

So your one comment about the music in the test machine - does that mean the final product won't have that JP theme from the movie? That was kind of the vibe I got based on your comments about DMCA notices lol. If not that one from the movie, is there one that you all made up?

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Cool stream DeadFlip and thanks for answering some of my questions. This may be my first pinball machine ever.
So your one comment about the music in the test machine - does that mean the final product won't have that JP theme from the movie? That was kind of the vibe I got based on your comments about DMCA notices lol. If not that one from the movie, is there one that you all made up?

Oh the music you heard will for sure be in the game. I was just saying that for streaming, that theme song gets dinged by DMCA sometimes!!!
Thank you for even considering getting this game! ❤️❤️

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Oh the music you heard will for sure be in the game. I was just saying that for streaming, that theme song gets dinged by DMCA sometimes!!!

Ooooh lol yeah okay now I know what you mean, completely flew over my head.

JP Theme is one of the all time GOAT movie scores.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Already pre ordered before the stream! Will these have pre drilled holes for shaker motor compatibility?

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Already pre ordered before the stream! Will these have pre drilled holes for shaker motor compatibility?

You rock!!! ❤️❤️
Frick great question about shaker, I don’t think so? I’ll have to ask!!

#319 2 years ago

Game looks great, now you gotta sign those playfields. First of many JD designs to come, without a doubt.

#320 2 years ago

Nice work! The game seems tons of fun to shoot and plenty of speed to keep it interesting. Very impressed. My friend just paid for one today for his family. (first pin)New pinheads coming in with this title for sure. How cool is that?!!!!!

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Nice work! The game seems tons of fun to shoot and plenty of speed to keep it interesting. Very impressed. My friend just paid for one today for his family. (first pin)New pinheads coming in with this title for sure. How cool is that?!!!!!

Should be a lot of 1st time buyers who grab this. It's looks like a very fun game.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thanks and that’s fricken awesome!!
This whole situation is wild for sure! :O

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I should note that at Project Pinball we have a number of Spider-Man Home and more recently Star Wars Home machines on location. The wear, tear, and reliability is on par with 'regular' machines from what we have seen.

To follow-up this post needs to be replaced but gives an idea of a small area of a playfield on a home model. I don't have the audit numbers here, but it has seen significant play. I can say there are some plastics that need to now be replaced.

image_6487327 (resized).JPGimage_6487327 (resized).JPG
#324 2 years ago

Here is the Q&A / Gameplay from tonight!

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

To follow-up this post needs to be replaced but gives an idea of a small area of a playfield on a home model. I don't have the audit numbers here, but it has seen significant play. I can say there are some plastics that need to now be replaced.
[quoted image]

That’s a ply pf - must have been an early run home model?

Edit: looks like Spiderman - first of the new gen Home pins.

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks for posting. I got sucked in watching baseball and working on a pin tonight. I really wanted to watch this.

#327 2 years ago

Star Wars home pin was a fun time, but this clearly takes home pins to a whole new level. I'd drop quarters in it at a bar, no question.

#328 2 years ago

well done Jack

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Star Wars home pin was a fun time, but this clearly takes home pins to a whole new level. I'd drop quarters in it at a bar, no question.

Are these even capable of paid play? No coin door in the photos, but is the code even there for it?

#330 2 years ago

Since its an MDF playfield are they using machine screws to hold things in because stripping an mdf playfield isnt something easy to refill like wood?

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are these even capable of paid play? No coin door in the photos, but is the code even there for it?

Nah, I don't imagine there's any code for pay-to-play on the home pins, I was just saying the JP one is good enough to be out on an arcade floor.

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

LOVE it. Can't wait to see the pricing here in Australia and if it's reasonable, I will grab one. First home game that basically looks like a pro version of a normal pin (except for the screen) Great Job y'all.

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:LOVE it. Can't wait to see the pricing here in Australia and if it's reasonable, I will grab one.

Quoted from Meldenhut:

I'm all in and have placed a deposit……………….
This comes in at 8K delivered to my door

#334 2 years ago

well, you asked for honest feedback, here's mine :

i've already been curious about SW & SPIDER homepins, but than, not only they were more than similar in the layout (not bad), but than the code was too "easy" (if you're a decent player), even if of course i understand that these pins are NOT made for competitors guys but more to meet a family environement

than, initialy, while seeing pics of yours i was thinking : OK, a bit different layout, but than let's wait for the code

than having seen your stream : pin is shooting nicely, while code seems simple (but already enough for having fun), with straight forward missions (as paddock are : shots here again & again for X shoots to complete, 5 paddocks, than NUBLAR), this is OK for me

still to see : NUBLAR, and the other wizard mode

the RAPTOR & the T REX areas are more than nice

i dont like the use of the "single big target" (left side)...

tell us more about EXTRA BALL & how to get one/more : i see you only got one, with a SUPER JACKPOT in the T REX

no stacking multiball ?

about DNA & double scoring feature : when its running, if you redo the 3 DNA lanes, you just get nothing... why not reseting the timer or almost adding some more time

whats the maximum bonus multiplier : i see you get X7 in the stream, if i'm logical, with this 3 inserts, should be X10 max ? (5+3+2)

no "add a ball" available in multiball ?

well, all in all, i must admit i'm now very curious to see more about the pin, and right now i really could imagine getting this to my house (if the price is linked)

again, well done

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Since its an MDF playfield are they using machine screws to hold things in because stripping an mdf playfield isnt something easy to refill like wood?

Spade bolts to hold most targets and mechs

Added over 3 years ago:

Meant Fin Shanks, not spade bolts.

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Spade bolts to hold most targets and mechs

Was MDF with a plastic overlay ever considered for the exercise?

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Did you edit out the showing of the prototype?

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not even that long ago.. met led pro was 4200-4500 shipped in 2015-2016
(I got one) ... crazy how a home pin is now this lol..
Also walking dead premium was only 6200-6300 in 2017 ...

five years prior I paid $3400 each for a NIB Iron Man and a Spider-Man. Those were the days

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

straight forward missions (as paddock are : shots here again & again for X shoots to complete

Monster Bash
Attack From Mars
Medieval Madness
Circus Voltaire

Just a few no-name games that use this same rules system.

#340 2 years ago

Great job Jack and team ,you really nailed the homepin for Stern .Glad to see your finally getting your shot budddy :)I have a few neighbors that come over and play and are hesitant because of today’s prices .I’ve already sent them the links to reveal and stream .

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Great job Jack and team ,you really nailed the homepin for Stern .Glad to see your finally getting your shot budddy :)I have a few neighbors that come over and play and are hesitant because of today’s prices .I’ve already sent them the links to reveal and stream .

Thanks!! Stoked for this game to get out in the wild!
Thanks for spreading the word!

#342 2 years ago

Is Costco going to sell this?

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s a ply pf - must have been an early run home model?
Edit: looks like Spiderman - first of the new gen Home pins.

Yes, I was thinking MDF so I stand corrected. I didn't pick that up from the picture. I'll have to see about getting some pictures of a Star Wars from volunteers. Thanks.

#344 2 years ago

I’m waiting on my premium so not really in the market for this, but I watched the stream and that right ramp shot looks great - love the speed it whips around…that followed by the right orbit shot looks like it would feel so good. Also like the jump shot and how it falls into the bumpers if not shot cleanly.

#345 2 years ago

Love the artwork. Translite looks awesome. Love how you made the T-Rex mouth move when she roars. The pro doesn’t even do that. I am in for a premium, but this looks damn good. Well done!!

#346 2 years ago

I didn't catch the whole stream, but did they ever show the machine so you could see the screen on it? I am just very curious to see how it looks in action when playing. The graphics on the stream were awesome but I'm just wondering how well that really translates to the small screen.

#347 2 years ago

Just a suggestion .Out by me the Great Escape and American Sales (both pool places ) sell hot tubs ,pool tables ,arcade games etc .In other words people shopping there are buying big $$ entertainment objects .Just some food for thought .

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I didn't catch the whole stream, but did they ever show the machine so you could see the screen on it? I am just very curious to see how it looks in action when playing. The graphics on the stream were awesome but I'm just wondering how well that really translates to the small screen.

I didn't see any shots showing the screen in action. It looks like the playfield inserts do a good job of providing the same information, with the exception of how many rescues are left, how close you are to T-Rex/Raptor multiballs and the score of course. I noticed the fonts were all enlarged to take up more real-estate on the screen to keep them on par with what's in the pro/prem/LE versions with the larger screen. I do hope they either updated code or re-imagine the graphic used to show how far your progression is on the paddocks and completing dino rescues. What's there looks great but that's a lot of info to put on a graphic and inch in diameter 4 feet away from my eyes.

#349 2 years ago

Is it too early for anyone to say or know if this will be sold at Costco? I saw some of the other home pins were (at least Transformers and buddy said Star Wars was too).

It would be pretty neat to go try it out and then just pick one up and take it home. Oh and their return policy would be helpful too lol.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Oh and their return policy would be helpful too lol.

I recall this was a nightmare for Costco and why we are unlikely to see them there again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.