(Topic ID: 302030)

Looks Like There's a New Stern Home Pin (Jurassic)!

By CrazyLevi

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 742 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by STLOkie
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BCAFE749-D35B-4973-9CB7-52D8AF6704CE (resized).jpeg
D6CABEF1-BB23-4210-A455-097A2787FA2D (resized).jpeg
C61845CB-61BB-4845-8A9D-26EEBAB3E6DF (resized).jpeg
AFCCDD34-850D-439A-B725-695D482AA3DE (resized).jpeg
E1142A1E-FDEA-44EB-ACC9-50A521C8030A (resized).jpeg
IMG_3232 (resized).JPG
IMG_3233 (resized).JPG
7ACD48F8-D257-4B98-995E-9D58E80BF7C5 (resized).jpeg
BAE3E620-EFC1-43BA-B650-2EFEBFDF7390 (resized).jpeg
8BEEB629-B8BB-47C2-87BC-0AF4B0A1BA10 (resized).jpeg
637C72AA-4D53-403E-9061-22FB82CA8ED0 (resized).jpeg
22D2F157-E497-4524-A4EF-96EF9D3148D3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211220_013929115 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211220_011826705 (resized).jpg
90B75CB7-650D-4686-9B20-988092925276 (resized).jpeg
95EB8750-90C8-44A2-97DD-A16CF210F491 (resized).jpeg
There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…and how’s that worked out? In the decade you’ve been crying for a Tron Vault that will never exist, you could have just gone out and bought a Tron.

Yes, I enjoyed my AFM for 4 years while everybody was holding out and waiting for a remake. It ruled!

#252 2 years ago

Does anyone know if you can buy invisiglass for “the pin” sized games?

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Does anyone know if you can buy invisiglass for “the pin” sized games?

This game’s playfield & glass is the same size as a normal game.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This game’s playfield & glass is the same size as a normal game.

Oh awesome. Thanks

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Basically the 3rd pillar after NY Times & Wall Street Journal.
But I had a neighbor poking around trying to get info from me when the Pandemic started, maybe this would be a good route for him? Worth a try.

I forgot the boomers on here instantly shut down as soon as someone mentions Facebook. Noted.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I forgot the boomers on here instantly shut down as soon as someone mentions Facebook. Noted.

I'm younger than you but hey, it sounds good in a post.
EDIT: Sounded good in my post too...I actually think I've got you by a couple years.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But I had a neighbor poking around trying to get info from me when the Pandemic started, maybe this would be a good route for him?

Absolutely!!

299A66A0-B143-4738-B352-55593ABAE7A6 (resized).jpeg299A66A0-B143-4738-B352-55593ABAE7A6 (resized).jpeg
#258 2 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

MDF playfield… won’t be worth restoring a barn find in 20 years time then.

Not sure why everyone is up in arms about the mdf. It has a clearcoat right?. It will be fine. Just don't get it wet. Shouldn't be hard to keep dry in your tumble weed world down under, especially if you have a barn.

#259 2 years ago

Do u know if u can install shakers in this?

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Not sure why everyone is up in arms about the mdf. It has a clearcoat right?. It will be fine. Just don't get it wet. Shouldn't be hard to keep dry in your tumble weed world down under, especially if you have a barn.

And dont remove a screw and expect to put it back more than once.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And dont remove a screw and expect to put it back more than once.

mdf is fine if you don't over tighten screws. I've seen plenty of games with board out holes as I'm sure you have. This is just one of those things people will latch onto and bitch about. I don't think it will affect the average buyer of this low end model.

#262 2 years ago

mdf is fine if you don't over tighten screws. I've seen plenty of games with board out holes as I'm sure you have. This is just one of those things people will latch onto and bitch about. I don't think it will affect the average buyer of this low end model.

Again, a lot of this shit is the usual “such awful food…and such tiny portions!” Complaints you always get from people who have zero interest in buying anyway.

It’s pretty clear this game will end up in a lot
Of collections, the first “pin” to really
Cross over. That’s pretty cool. These old school system 9 type cabinets will look great in any lineup. Look forward to seeing one of these soon.

#263 2 years ago

I don't think it will affect the average buyer of this low end model.

100% agree. The first buyer will likely never remove the glass. For the subsequent buyers it will likely be an issue - preceived and real. Hence re-sale will decline rapidly, unlike it's commercial cousins.

I totally get "it's not for us" and hence I dont understand why anyone on a pinball forum would even contemplate one.

Maybe the guy buying one for his kids earlier (at $4600??). Recommending one to a non pinball freind I get (if they dont die of sticker shock).

In any case, the game itself looks great for what it's trying to achieve, anfd if it can get more people into pinball (to make Serns backlog even bigger) then great.

#264 2 years ago

I'm really thinking this may be the way Stern starts to go.

Let's be real. This is pretty loaded. We are all spoiled with all the gadgets, then more of them, and more of them. Drives prices up, costs more to maintain, etc etc.

A few years ago this was your normal pro version.

Making a home pin at this price point (maybe not for every title) would really make sense for entry level home machine owners.

Smart move! And having DeadFlip on design gives them some cred. Looks well done!

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

100% agree. The first buyer will likely never remove the glass. For the subsequent buyers it will likely be an issue - preceived and real. Hence re-sale will decline rapidly, unlike it's commercial cousins.
I totally get "it's not for us" and hence I dont understand why anyone on a pinball forum would even contemplate one.

What makes you say that? Send like a lot of people on here like the looks of it and don't mind NOT spending another $2k....

Not sure what you are basing the "not for us" ppl on a forum on.....

#266 2 years ago

To much talk about a small screen.

Who cares? Uhhh... 99% of the time my eyes are on the playfield.

Could make video mode hard... Oh wait.... Bahahaha

#267 2 years ago

I though the Star Wars pin was pretty fun... prices seem up there to me for a more casual player/user but they must be selling or they wouldnt make em.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

What makes you say that? Send like a lot of people on here like the looks of it and don't mind NOT spending another $2k....
Not sure what you are basing the "not for us" ppl on a forum on.....

Admittedly, the hobby has changed alot recently. My "not for us" arguement goes back years.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe the guy buying one for his kids earlier (at $4600??).

Yes, $4600 shipped from FlipNOut. I wish it was priced on the street like Star Wars has been, but at the same there is enough in this (my opinion) for me to bite bullet and plunk down the 600 extra.

I would be more than happy to do an unboxing and features video when I get mine and share the good, bad, and ugly. It isn't just for my kids and guests either as I plan on getting plenty of games in as well.

#270 2 years ago

I think $4600 for this is a great value for nib in this climate.
Does anyone know if these will adopt shaker motor installation?

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Yes "We." The sales will be low for this home pin just like all the others. When they vault games they make them even better/stronger. Lots of us have been asking for a VE Tron for years.

This is not preventing them from making VE's in any way if they wanted to

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Good for you, however if you are able to get a 'real' pin like for example JP pro you would be more likely than not sell it for most of what you pay for it even years later. These home pins not sure of that. The 'real' pins are commercial products and will be playing in decades from now (hoping the node boards are a reliable product you can repair or replace if needed). I understand the commercial pin (pro or premium) is more expensive but that's what most would recommend.
I am sure this home pin is fun but likely not have the depth of the real pins. I understand JP pro can be confusion to noobs but it's not that bad if you read the rules and/or watch the tutorials.
Good luck, just giving my two cents.

I didn't buy my Transformers PIN (home ed) new but I had no trouble selling it. I had 3 offers in 1 day, lots of demand with the lower price point.

Lots of people out there looking for something less expensive with newer themes and technology. Guys in their 20's and 30's usually don't want EM machines or 80's/90's movie themes.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

This is not preventing them from making VE's in any way if they wanted to

Aren't Vault Editions just rereleased Pros? Not sure what the excitement is all about there. I would imagine what holds vault editions back is having to re-up the licenses to produce more units. Anything based on Disney IP is going to be expensive. For anything that was popular to begin with, there is still enough in circulation that I wouldn't think sales would be all that strong, and would cannibalize from new releases.

People talk about a Tron Legacy Vault edition, but let's face it, the movie came out 11 years ago. It's not going to happen no matter how much the machines are going for second hand.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Aren't Vault Editions just rereleased Pros? Not sure what the excitement is all about there. I would imagine what holds vault editions back is having to re-up the licenses to produce more units. Anything based on Disney IP is going to be expensive. For anything that was popular to begin with, there is still enough in circulation that I wouldn't think sales would be all that strong, and would cannibalize from new releases.
People talk about a Tron Legacy Vault edition, but let's face it, the movie came out 11 years ago. It's not going to happen no matter how much the machines are going for second hand.

The Tron VE Cult really needs to log on to move on dot org if you know
What I mean. It ain’t happening!!

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Tron VE Cult really needs to log on to move on dot org if you know
What I mean. It ain’t happening!!

I think the best they can hope for is that the layout gets recycled for a new IP.

#276 2 years ago

When you look at what else is available in the $4400-$4800 range I can see how this could be an attractive option for a new pin. I think I'd pick it over some of these games. Especially since it's new and likely more reliable.

Screenshot_20211014-143435_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211014-143435_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211014-143457_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211014-143457_Chrome (resized).jpg
#277 2 years ago

I just played JP Pro 4 times at this place I was just at and I really enjoyed it and the theme. It definitely feels super "alive" and I liked the size of the screen on it, with the animations and stuff. The size of it felt pretty perfect

I have watched the 2 videos about the home edition and am eagerly awaiting the reveal tomorrow to get more info, but I wonder/worry if it won't feel as alive as the one I played today. I am also wondering how much of a difference the smaller screen will make.

I realize they are different games though and not in the same price range, but that is still a feeling I am wondering about.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I just played JP Pro 4 times at this place I was just at and I really enjoyed it and the theme. It definitely feels super "alive" and I liked the size of the screen on it, with the animations and stuff. The size of it felt pretty perfect
I have watched the 2 videos about the home edition and am eagerly awaiting the reveal tomorrow to get more info, but I wonder/worry if it won't feel as alive as the one I played today. I am also wondering how much of a difference the smaller screen will make.
I realize they are different games though and not in the same price range, but that is still a feeling I am wondering about.

I agree, that the pro/premium LCD is spot on for the size. Not sure about the 4-5" LCD on the home pin.

#279 2 years ago

… only half joking about the MDF barn find quip. And it’s too wet to find tumble weeds down here.

I actually like it. Looks the best of the home pins to me. I thinks there’s a market for new games that play like a 90’s b list game for around the same price or a little more. Modest rules, 2-3 multi balls, 2 ramps, a central target and DMD like animations etc. Game play is key though. It still needs to be fun and hold your attention for more than a day or two.

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree, that the pro/premium LCD is spot on for the size. Not sure about the 4-5" LCD on the home pin.

Hey, at least it’s in color!
Remember the Sony Watchman?
EAB53941-F237-40FA-B8B4-9562BEB394F4 (resized).jpegEAB53941-F237-40FA-B8B4-9562BEB394F4 (resized).jpeg

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Yes, $4600 shipped from FlipNOut. I wish it was priced on the street like Star Wars has been, but at the same there is enough in this (my opinion) for me to bite bullet and plunk down the 600 extra.
I would be more than happy to do an unboxing and features video when I get mine and share the good, bad, and ugly. It isn't just for my kids and guests either as I plan on getting plenty of games in as well.

Please do a video! It's hard to find good review videos for the home edition pins.

#282 2 years ago

I’d rather have this translite than the one on my Premium.

#283 2 years ago

I'm all in and have placed a deposit, Played the JP Premium previously and its a good pin but not a theme for me, however the kids love dinosaurs and of course the T-Rex Moves!.
In Aus the market is in such short supply that i was never going to pick up a JP Premium for less than 15K and when im spending that type of money its going to be on a pin that i really want.
This comes in at 8K delivered to my door and im fairly confident that its going to be the one that most people who come over are going to gravitate towards.
im also excited on that point that Jack Danger has been involved and he was tasked with a "re-imagining" of what the 'PIN' models can be, good to see some fresh designers taking on a new concept.
in my opinion this is going to be a good game to just have a drink and blow it up when looking for some quick and simple fun

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I’d rather have this translite than the one on my Premium.

The good news is its the same size! Should be able to order one soon.

#285 2 years ago

Hey. Just popping in quick to say thank you again for all the awesome support!
We’re doing a short stream tonight on my test/prototype game to give a sneak peek at the shots! ❤️

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

We’re doing a short stream tonight on my test/prototype game to give a sneak peek at the shots! ❤️

Cool!

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

6 central?

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Noice! What time?

Sox Astros is on tonight, so I might need to keep an eye on both.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

*edit 7PM Eastern, got it*

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Noice! What time?
Sox Astros is on tonight, so I might need to keep an eye on both.
[quoted image]
*edit 7PM Eastern, got it*

I'm not talkin to you I'm talkin to that pinball over there

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who’s “we”? If you want an old game - they exist. Go buy one.

Me, for one. I'm not paying 9k for a Tron Pro. They don't exist as far as I'm concerned, because the price is so outrageously stupid for what that game is, and how shallow it is, and nor will Stern ever Vault the damn thing.

Let me think here... Tron Pro, or Godzilla Premium for LESS money...hm.....yeah, that's not a tough decision.

Just dismissing the opinion that there's a market for VEs out of hand because they're still out there and purchasable for *some* amount of money is idiotic. Iron Man VE, nobody expected, the price was higher than the original game, and it sold just dandy. Meanwhile, Stern will NEVER convert someone like me on these home pins, but there's at least a possibility I'd consider a 5500-6k Tron, or god forbid if they ever found out how to do them, a 8k LOTR or TSPP.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Me, for one. I'm not paying 9k for a Tron Pro. They don't exist as far as I'm concerned, because the price is so outrageously stupid for what that game is, and how shallow it is, and nor will Stern ever Vault the damn thing.
Let me think here... Tron Pro, or Godzilla Premium for LESS money...hm.....yeah, that's not a tough decision.
Just dismissing the opinion that there's a market for VEs out of hand because they're still out there and purchasable for *some* amount of money is idiotic. Iron Man VE, nobody expected, the price was higher than the original game, and it sold just dandy. Meanwhile, Stern will NEVER convert someone like me on these home pins, but there's at least a possibility I'd consider a 5500-6k Tron, or god forbid if they ever found out how to do them, a 8k LOTR or TSPP.

Forget seeing a 5500-6000 new Pro again. The price is 6700 now. Like it or not, that's where they are.

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Forget seeing a 5500-6000 new Pro again. The price is 6700 now. Like it or not, that's where they are.

Thank you for your completely obtuse statement that fully ignored every point I was making. Even at 6700 it'd still be laughably less. My own personal breakpoints don't have any effect whatsoever on how Stern does things. I'm not paying more than 6k for a Tron. Period, and regardless of any upgrades or changes that Stern wanted to be arsed to make.

#294 2 years ago

Is this reveal tonight going to be like a Q&A too? Or a pre-recorded thing?

I am just curious about stuff like the build quality of the thing, if we will get to see under the playfield, access to it, etc. Also curious to hear about the exact dimensions of it and things like that, as well as showing off the game itself.

#295 2 years ago

So let’s talk quick about tonight’s stream!

First off, this is weird revealing my own game.

Second, tonight’s stream will be fairly short. We’ll do a Q&A, play a couple games, kiss, and say goodnight. OH, and Laura Danger will be joining us! ❤️

Third, Stern is letting me do something we really haven’t done before, I’m showing you my personal test/prototype machine for the reveal! (We’ll do another one with the full production model soon!). I’m too dange excited to share this awesome game with you!!

Get your questions ready, I’ll be happy to answer all that I can!

What an honor, and holy smokes your support has been through the roof!

See you tonight!
Twitch.tv/Deadflip
Jack Danger

#296 2 years ago

And yea this will be recorded.

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

And yea this will be recorded.

Thanks, I’ve never seen any home pin. Can you tell me how it feels as in the nudging or solidity of the flippers, tilt bob feel etc.

#298 2 years ago

This may be a really dumb question, but is this Home edition likely to make the Pro edition go up or down in value?

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

This may be a really dumb question, but is this Home edition likely to make the Pro edition go up or down in value?

No

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I played a Tron Pro - it's good but I think they are way overpriced for what they are.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.