(Topic ID: 302030)

Looks Like There's a New Stern Home Pin (Jurassic)!

By CrazyLevi

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 742 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by STLOkie
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BCAFE749-D35B-4973-9CB7-52D8AF6704CE (resized).jpeg
D6CABEF1-BB23-4210-A455-097A2787FA2D (resized).jpeg
C61845CB-61BB-4845-8A9D-26EEBAB3E6DF (resized).jpeg
AFCCDD34-850D-439A-B725-695D482AA3DE (resized).jpeg
E1142A1E-FDEA-44EB-ACC9-50A521C8030A (resized).jpeg
IMG_3232 (resized).JPG
IMG_3233 (resized).JPG
7ACD48F8-D257-4B98-995E-9D58E80BF7C5 (resized).jpeg
BAE3E620-EFC1-43BA-B650-2EFEBFDF7390 (resized).jpeg
8BEEB629-B8BB-47C2-87BC-0AF4B0A1BA10 (resized).jpeg
637C72AA-4D53-403E-9061-22FB82CA8ED0 (resized).jpeg
22D2F157-E497-4524-A4EF-96EF9D3148D3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211220_013929115 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211220_011826705 (resized).jpg
90B75CB7-650D-4686-9B20-988092925276 (resized).jpeg
95EB8750-90C8-44A2-97DD-A16CF210F491 (resized).jpeg
There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

which is why I said...
"Putting a 13" monitor with new speaker box+translite would be a great $500 mod opportunity."
You'd have to change out the entire front of the head... which is why I said 'new speaker box+translite"

I hear what you are saying and am interested but how would a new translite work? I feel like you have to pick one over the other. I guess if you scaled down the translite image and had a custom speakerpanel/translite size it would work. I’d go in on that as a $500 mod.

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I hear what you are saying and am interested but how would a new translite work? I feel like you have to pick one over the other. I guess if you scaled down the translite image and had a custom speakerpanel/translite size it would work. I’d go in on that as a $500 mod.

I saw one on the SW home pin where the entire back box was just a giant LCD lol.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

$500 won't even get a topper, Brotato Chip.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks for the kind words, this was an awesome experience!

Jack, any integrated modes with the topper? Goatmania?

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

$500 won't even get a topper, Brotato Chip.

I wasn’t the one who put $500 as the figure initially anyways but thanks for chiming in!

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

'should' and 'are' are different things. The UI of the screen is done - we know what it is. It could benefit from a bigger screen, regardless of 'video modes' or other non-sense. It's small for the player to read and really is the last piece between why someone would buy a pro over this IMO.
It's a legit modern pinball game... with legit mechanics (all tho at times different designs) and legit game play.

Screenshot of JP Home and JP Pro screens. Impossible to tell which is actually bigger until someone gets the ruler out and measures the text on the screen, but the information displayed on the "Postage Stamp" is much easier to find and read, in my opinion. I almost *prefer* this postage stamp.

JDJP (resized).pngJDJP (resized).pngJP Pro (resized).pngJP Pro (resized).png
#457 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I saw one on the SW home pin where the entire back box was just a giant LCD lol.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-home-edition-fan-club/page/5#post-6569434

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Screenshot of JP Home and JP Pro screens. Impossible to tell which is actually bigger until someone gets the ruler out and measures the text on the screen

Or you could listen to the feedback from someone who has actually played both... -shurg-

#459 2 years ago

Yeah - anyone else play it this weekend other than NashtyFunk and fooflighter? I want to hear more about it!

#460 2 years ago

Any videos taken from this weekend as well? I searched on YouTube but didn't find anything new.

#461 2 years ago

This is the only one I saw. Just of the machine/playfield, no gameplay.

#462 2 years ago

We'll be getting one in studio soon to jam on it more.
The game was getting played non-stop at the show, so I'm sure there are more pinheads to offer up what they thought about it coming soon!
Can't wait to pop it back open to see what the over-all plays was for the entire show.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Aries_pinside:

Yeah - anyone else play it this weekend other than NashtyFunk and fooflighter?

Yeah, I played a couple games. Shoots like movie theater butter (that's a good thing). Small screen didn't bother me at all. Game does a good job of telling you what to do via inserts & callouts. Only time I made a point to look up was checking my raptor percentage, and it was easily readable. I'm not a "screen guy," much prefer games to show my status on the playfield if at all possible, and dislike JJP's overly busy slot machine display (nice analogy @nashtyfunk).

Few things I wasn't a fan of, but are really no big deal.
- Both slings fire simultaneously, necessity of saving a transistor when using a single node board. Seems "cheap" since I'm a grizzled old pinball guy, but novice buyers will not notice or care. Pops, same thing.
- Rules are obviously a bit shallow/straightforward, by design I'm sure. Again, this wouldn't be a downside for many buyers, could actually be a plus.
- Both ramps feed their respective flipper, makes them endlessly loopable (which is kinda cool at first), but I prefer a criss-cross, everything feeds something else style layout. Not really a knock, just personal taste. Casual players probably can't loop a ton of ramps anyway.
- T-Rex takes a while to kick out after you hit the saucer. I guess it's delayed to show the count remaining? First couple times I thought it didn't land on the switch. Might need more audio feedback to show you hit it (unless I just couldn't hear it in there).

I only mention the small negatives to be fully honest/unbiased, not at all to slam Jack or the Stern team who knocked it out of the park at this price point.

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, I played a couple games. Shoots like movie theater butter (that's a good thing). Small screen didn't bother me at all. Game does a good job of telling you what to do via inserts & callouts. Only time I made a point to look up was checking my raptor percentage, and it was easily readable. I'm not a "screen guy," much prefer games to show my status on the playfield if at all possible, and dislike JJP's overly busy slot machine display (nice analogy NashtyFunk).
- Both slings fire simultaneously, necessity of saving a transistor when using a single node board. Seems "cheap" since I'm a grizzled old pinball guy, but novice buyers will not notice or care. Pops, same thing.
- Rules are obviously a bit shallow/straightforward, by design I'm sure. Again, this wouldn't be a downside for many buyers, could actually be a plus.
- Both ramps feed their respective flipper, makes them endlessly loopable (which is kinda cool at first), but I prefer a criss-cross, everything feeds something else style layout. Not really a knock, just personal taste. Casual players probably can't loop a ton of ramps anyway.
- T-Rex takes a while to kick out after you hit the saucer. I guess it's delayed to show the count remaining? First couple times I thought it didn't land on the switch. Might need more audio feedback to show you hit it (unless I just couldn't hear it in there).
I only mention the small negatives to be fully honest/unbiased, not at all to slam Jack or the Stern team who knocked it out of the park at this price point.

Thanks for the feedback!
We're tweaking a few things you touched on that we also heard from several others. (More notably the TREX timing)
The rules are a throwback to MM, AFM, and even the SWHomePin. Shoot the shot a lot to make it do a thing!
Also going to make the Raptor Multi easier to start.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks for the feedback!
We're tweaking a few things you touched on that we also heard from several others. (More notably the TREX timing)
The rules are a throwback to MM, AFM, and even the SWHomePin. Shoot the shot a lot to make it do a thing!
Also going to make the Raptor Multi easier to start.

Is the code gonna be an as is thing, or are there gonna be updates? Any topper integration?

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Is the code gonna be an as is thing, or are there gonna be updates? Any topper integration?

When the game gets packed, the code will be the code. Not to say we can't fix unforeseen issues, but the goal is to ship a complete package.
Yes to topper integration, I gotta poke Waison to see to what degree!

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

When the game gets packed, the code will be the code. Not to say we can't fix unforeseen issues, but the goal is to ship a complete package.
Yes to topper integration, I gotta poke Waison to see to what degree!

Awesome man! Topper is in the box waiting!

#468 2 years ago

Please tell me the "Restore Power" mode starts with the whole machine going dark and no power to the flippers while the animation plays, then a new ball launches. That would make for a great moment.

#469 2 years ago

Fun game! I love me some Jurassic! Honest review tho the screen was a deal breaker made me feel 83 not 43! Where are my bifocals?!

#470 2 years ago

I talked to my distributor today when I went to get some parts for the GOTG I just picked up, and he mentioned how well the JP pin played while he was in Chicago. He’s pretty honest with his opinion, so that was high praise.

Looks like I might need to sell my restored Arduino controlled Trident and my freshly restored Spring Break. Then again I’ll probably want another pin to work on.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I talked to my distributor today when I went to get some parts for the GOTG I just picked up, and he mentioned how well the JP pin played while he was in Chicago. He’s pretty honest with his opinion, so that was high praise.
Looks like I might need to sell my restored Arduino controlled Trident and my freshly restored Spring Break. Then again I’ll probably want another pin to work on.

I’ll take said high praise!! ❤️
And yeah once you start restoring games, the itch never goes away, no matter how many you work on. Haha

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, I played a couple games. Shoots like movie theater butter (that's a good thing). Small screen didn't bother me at all. Game does a good job of telling you what to do via inserts & callouts. Only time I made a point to look up was checking my raptor percentage, and it was easily readable. I'm not a "screen guy," much prefer games to show my status on the playfield if at all possible, and dislike JJP's overly busy slot machine display (nice analogy NashtyFunk).

Great review / summary - Good to get some 3rd party opinions.

#473 2 years ago

My prototype will be at MGC this weekend!
Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!

1 week later
#474 2 years ago

636 plays over the two shows.
Thanks for jamming on it and all your feedback!

03BC6BC5-EAE8-4273-A541-8C17D74D0929 (resized).jpeg03BC6BC5-EAE8-4273-A541-8C17D74D0929 (resized).jpeg
#475 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

[quoted image]

875b651d5140f191339cf057a59efdad.gif875b651d5140f191339cf057a59efdad.gif
#476 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

[quoted image]

I'm impressed they even have audits on there, or is that only on the prototype?

#477 2 years ago

It's a Spike game, shouldn't be hard to include the standard audits. Minus all the money stuff of course.

#478 2 years ago

Yeah this will have full audits available on the production game.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Yeah this will have full audits available on the production game.

2E2ED478-D228-4D3F-86D6-00D20F4DD929.gif2E2ED478-D228-4D3F-86D6-00D20F4DD929.gif
#480 2 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

I was hesitant about buying my Star Wars comic edition pin but I am so glad I did, like others have mentioned its better then the pro.

Wish they would offer the Star Wars and JP home pin playfields in a real cabinet with the full size screen. I’d get em both.

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Wish they would offer the Star Wars and JP home pin playfields in a real cabinet with the full size screen. I’d get em both.

Adding in a couple of toys and that's essentially a pro

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I went ahead and got myself a SW home pin because I pre ordered the JDJP and was curious what the screen would be like. Well not only does the SW home pin have way more clips from the movie than the premium the tiny screen is surprisingly crisp and easy to see. I still prefer the LCD (even if it’s tiny) display to even the best color DMD.

As for the cab goes its particle board and only really noticeable at the front. Other than thaf the sides are indistinguishable (to me) from my other sterns.

#483 2 years ago

Any word on production and ship dates? I had read something about November 8 but Stern will often throw a production line picture on their social media for new pins and I haven't seen that yet. Their press releases would make me believe that they will definitely be going out the door by Christmas.

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Any word on production and ship dates? I had read something about November 8 but Stern will often throw a production line picture on their social media for new pins and I haven't seen that yet. Their press releases would make me believe that they will definitely be going out the door by Christmas.

I asked a local distributor and he said he hasn't heard anything but was guessing winter.

#485 2 years ago

I wonder how this would do as a lower entry point location game, not aimed at hard core pinheads...

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I wonder how this would do as a lower entry point location game, not aimed at hard core pinheads...

No coin mechs or code to support it. It would have to be at a free play location.

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

No coin mechs or code to support it. It would have to be at a free play location.

Ah, yes, damnit.

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Most places locally are barcades where they are set to free play anyway.

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I have one on order and have heard through the grapevine that production started November 8th. I don't anticipate getting mine until after Thanksgiving. I'm optimistic it'll be before Christmas though.

Quoted from kool1:

Most places locally are barcades where they are set to free play anyway.

That has been my experience too. All locations near me have their machines on free play. There are a couple exceptions (there's a really nice Ghostbusters set to coin-op in a free play arcade, my guess is to keep the # of plays down).

#490 2 years ago

Here we go

Screenshot_20211119-105332 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211119-105332 (resized).png
#491 2 years ago

Sorry if I've missed this, but can we talk multiball on this game? Looking at the promo video it looks like TRex and Raptor are just 2-ball MBs. Are there any 3-ball MBs? Thanks!

#492 2 years ago

Raptor Hunt is 3 ball.

T Rex is 2

While not shown, the wizard modes all have multiballs that could very well be 4 ball.

#493 2 years ago

Got my shipping notification, hopefully will have it set up and playing late next week!

#494 2 years ago

Well, went ahead and pulled the trigger on this since I'll be able to get it Friday or Monday. Too much fun at that price to not. Cant wait to play it.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Well, went ahead and pulled the trigger on this since I'll be able to get it Friday or Monday. Too much fun at that price to not. Cant wait to play it.

Funny I asked about it last week at one of the local stores and the guy didn't even know about this pin?

Said he would look into it, have not hear back. Look forward to seeing some real world reviews.

#496 2 years ago

Is the translite the same size as the Pro/Premium version? And is it the same translite as the LE?

If so I am willing to buy someone's, or swap for my Premium with cash included. Message me.

#497 2 years ago

Me too!

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Is the translite the same size as the Pro/Premium version? And is it the same translite as the LE?
If so I am willing to buy someone's, or swap for my Premium with cash included. Message me.

Confirmed same size as a cornerstone!

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

OH HECK YEAAAAAAH!

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Got my shipping notification, hopefully will have it set up and playing late next week!

<3 <3 <3 <3

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 742 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-there-s-a-new-stern-home-pin-jurassic-to-hate/page/10?hl=sunsfan23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.