(Topic ID: 91469)

Looks like new Mustang Code 1.30 is out

By Arcade

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SideTrackTap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

With the few plays I put on the new code, I can tell there are a lot more sound effects and some more DMD animations. Pretty cool. Found one problem where the ball will sometimes get trapped under the ramp from an auto launch, and then you have to wait for a ball search for it to free it (I have the center post disabled; thinking that might affect it). Also, the ramp(s) seem to be in play a lot more than the previous code.

Also, after a couple failed attempts at downloading the code from Stern, it worked and the website seems to be working ok now.

Chris

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, in other words, not much changed.
I like the game. Maybe more than I should.

Well, it was only a couple games, and I'm not very good at analyzing code with regards to modes and such. I can tell there are some changes to the modes (Police Pursuit and Rally Race to name two), but I'm quite sure any insight I could offer would be flamed pretty quickly here. So, I'll leave that stuff to the pros.

Chris

#29 9 years ago

I have returned to offer more input after playing a few more games on the new code 1.30. I fully expect to get thrown to the wolves for these views, but here I go...

First off, I must say, I kind of find it funny... It seems to me people WANT to dislike this game. I can kinda see why (Ford/Mustang theme, Etc); but I just keep seeing a lot of posts similar to the effect of, "I'm surprised I like playing this game." At this point in the hobby for me, I find it surprising people will judge a game on theme alone. To each their own I guess.

FYI, I bought the game NIB because I'm a born and raised Ford guy (my Dad was a test engineer in Dearborn for 30 years, and I hope to own a 2015 Mustang next year), but more so because a lot of guys here said the game is fun. It IS fun. But, with all that being said, I'm have a VERY hard time loving this game.

To me, the new code has a added A LOT for me. I'll try and be as descriptive and non-subjective as I can. In any event, flame suit on!!!

- Added code for Donut Time. After you rack up three Donut Time's, there is a one shot Super Donut Time.

- Ramps are in play a lot more.

- Clarified code to achieve letters for Mustang Multiball (shooting the scoop) and added call outs/narration. Yes, it will increase the delay in getting the ball back from the scoop because of narration. Some narrations are longer than others and it does slow game play a bit depending on the call out. When one of the letters in "Mustang" is flashing, you can go to the scoop and get that letter.

- On the mode of Drag Race, it says "Drag Race Multiball" instead of "Gear Shift Multiball" now.

- Once you complete the top section of the rollovers, there is a "mini mode" (for lack of a better term) where it says to hit the sweeping shot. The top rollovers scroll back and forth until you hit them. Still learning on this one, and I'm not 100%, but it seems to carry over to the next player if you don't get it.

- N2O Multiplier. The call outs and narration added make this feature much clearer.

- New DMD animations and sound effects which help in the overall game feel and polished experience. I know this is very general, but playing the game a few times, it's makes a difference from the previous code.

I'll add more or edit as I discover it, but at this point, with this update, there seems to be a lot of fixes/additions to help polish the game.

Chris

Post edited by SideTrackTap: Added/changed some of the new code features.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No big deal, but player should be able to bypass this by pressing both flipper buttons. I hope this is implemented on the next update as I hate waiting for the narration and a bypass makes sense.

I will agree, with some of narrations, there is a significant delay and it slows down the game. This would be a nice option to implement.

Chris

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

This isn't new -- getting 2x playfield via N2O has been there since 1.1x.
Perhaps the call-outs or DMD do a better job of indicating it now?

Yes. Sorry, I should have been more clear. The new callouts primarily make it much more clear on what to shoot for to achieve the PF Multiplier. I guess I just brought that up because to me it made a big difference in the game.

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SideTrackTap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looks-like-new-mustang-code-130-is-out?tu=SideTrackTap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.