(Topic ID: 249295)

Looking to use the space beneath my machines for storage. Any ideas?

By Ready_player_one

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B7653EA8-3C84-4EFC-9022-23705E9957AA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0209 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Hello everybody.

I need some incremental storage space, and the area underneath my machines is completely empty. They are in my front living room though, so I want it to look nice and not like clutter.

Has anybody purchased or custom made some sort of blanket or covering for underneath the cabinet?

Looking for any suggestions, pictures, tips etc for what you have done with your area.

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

I have some large rolled up area rugs stored under some games in my finished basement game room

Might want to look at some extra long bed skirts
    like these (could always hem them up if too long)
    https://www.amazon.com/Extended-Dorm-Sized-Skirt-Panel/dp/B07DWJPPXF/ref=asc_df_B07DWJPPXF/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 4 years ago

I use large plastic tubs. Hold lots of stuff and are easy to pull out when you need to get under a game to move it.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I use large plastic tubs. Hold lots of stuff and are easy to pull out when you need to get under a game to move it.

Ditto, I think just about every game has one under it.
    If you don't want to see what in them get solid colored ones.

#5 4 years ago

I am planning on making a rolling platform to fit under game. Low profile wheels and a piece of plywood. If you are putting anything all the way to the back of the game, this would be better than having to crawl under the game.

#6 4 years ago

I don't need the space under my machines but I like Matthias Wandel's rolling storage bins. They're pretty versatile.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have some large rolled up area rugs stored under some games in my finished basement game room
    Might want to look at some extra long bed skirts
    like these (could always hem them up if too long)
    amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Thanks for the suggestion. What would you use to attached these to under the cabinet that would not damage the machine? Velcro?

#8 4 years ago

I wanted to put my daughter's bed under my STTNG when she was a baby, for some still unexplained reasoned my wife refused so I had to sell the pinball.

Good idea though !

#9 4 years ago

I stash my guitar cases around/under my pins. I have 8 cases among 10 pins. It looks ok, but some kind of pinball or arcade themed curtains would make it less cluttered looking.

IMG_0209 (resized).JPGIMG_0209 (resized).JPG
    #10 4 years ago

Maybe use some small tension rods/curtains for an effect similar to the table in the photo. The rods could be mounted between the pinball legs, and the curtains can be hemmed as needed for fit (admittedly a challenge if you want them on the sides if the machine due to the incline).

B7653EA8-3C84-4EFC-9022-23705E9957AA (resized).jpegB7653EA8-3C84-4EFC-9022-23705E9957AA (resized).jpeg
    #11 4 years ago

I use black Rubbermaid containers.
    Push them all the way to the back.
    My floor is a dark color so you hardly tell the containers are there.

#12 4 years ago

You can also find storage boxes that are covered in fabric or otherwise more aesthetically pleasing than the Rubbermaid tubs. Something like this:

https://www.target.com/p/household-essentials-174-jumbo-canvas-cube-storage-box-natural-with-coffee-trim/-/A-13222277

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ready_player_one:

What would you use to attached these to under the cabinet that would not damage the machine? Velcro?

I think these skirts have elastic bands, along the top, that hold skirt in place

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-use-the-space-beneath-my-machines-for-storage-any-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.