(Topic ID: 298893)

Looking to trade plus cash for a newer pin for the first time.

By BubbaPin

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BubbaPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bubbapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys

So the other day I was out for lunch with my wife and was scrolling through Facebook, saw someone local was wanting to trade a AIQ upgraded premium. This peaked my interest, price point was good, kinda been thinking about changing the line up alittle bit so I bit. Offered my real clean and upgraded spiderman red (color dmd, led, led ocd, shaker, art blades, tons more) for it plus cash. He bit, came over looked it over played it, could tell he was really digging it, he had to leave but was gonna make plans for me to check his out the following day. Next day were talking, figuring out value of mine and cash that would be needed. I'm able to figure out the ballpark of cash needed, could get it in a tangible form in a couple days ( have crypto investments and other investments and such that I could move around). I get that itch and get real excited and start researching AIQ alit and looking at reviews. Take a nap, wake up, new friend decided now's not the right time to trade. Not now at least, maybe in the future, he talked about how he's real interested in the spiderman and how well it looks and plays. Real nice guy, I hope this turns to a friendship.

I get that, I don't know how many times I was getting a game ready to sell or list and I got a new high score or hit a new mode and such and decided "not just yet".

But this itch is really itchy, just has me ponding and thinking about "well maybe not that machine... But" you get it maybe I hope.

So was thinking today about what all goes into buying a newer pinball, like when you buy them new in box I'm assuming you gotta pay shipping and tax even if they are from local distributors.

Aswell as the destributors that do trade INS, my assumption the trade credit is gouged like say if the machine is worth roughly 5k they pay 3.6-4k, or is it different

Lots of kinks to figure out on newer games?

Also was looking into getting a premium ish model for the first time. Spiderman is the most expensive and highest quality I've owned and I'd really like to have something nice (unless where it's a situation where the pro is better game wise and value wise, different games are different)

Interested in games like
Iron maiden(any)
AIQ (premium)
Deadpool(premium prefer)
Maybe hobbit
Maybe hot wheels
Maybe Alice Cooper
And anything I'm forgetting at the moment.

I dunno, let me know what y'all doing think and what advice and input y'all have. Kinda just needed to get my thought process out in the open

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If you liked SM then you would love Led Zeppelin and you can pick up a used prem for 6800 .This is a pinside sleeper that will take off in popularity eventually so buy while its at the lowest price .At worst If you don’t like it you’ll break even .

I've played it, I'm just not a fan, I like Ritchie games, but I just don't see myself enjoying it after a few days, even if I took a deep dive it's just not my cup of tea, I'd rather go a black knight SWR than a led zeppelin personally.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I guess my decision at that point is always "space" driven...as in...do I have enough space. If you have room, I would actually give consideration to 2 games that equal that amount because I believe variety is the spice of life. 2 $3000 pins are often better than 1 $6000 machine in a small collection.

Right now space is crammed, I got a SM, LAH, big buck hunter pro (arcade not pin) and a multicade. Wanting to sell the multicade because it's not getting any plays here and if I got a newer game I would want to have the sides showing. LAH is technically my wife's even though she bought it in rough shape and I've suped it up abit, and it's a good game to play in-between other games, love the theme and gameplay.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I would sell spider man for 5k or better and add cash to that to buy a game anywhere you want.

That's exactly my thinking behind the post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bubbapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-trade-plus-cash-for-a-newer-pin-for-the-first-time?tu=bubbapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.