• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161216_185436 (resized).jpg
20161228_001507 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I'm looking to trade my beloved centaur. It was my grail pin but nobody plays it but me and I can beat the snot out of it. Looking for something modern the kids will like better that is equal or less in value as I don't want to put up any cash. Ideas?

My centaur is about 3k in value +/-.....

I was thinking more modern games like dracula, jackbot, Frankenstein. Are those types similar in value?

Thanks

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

My centaur is about 3k in value +/-...

The number of buyers for a $3k Centaur is tiny. You'll either wait for several months or have to add some cash if you want to trade for a $3k table.
Look in the market to find games in your price range.

#3 7 years ago

Ok. Have had a few offers locally via CL just nothing grabbing me. Working on a BSD just not sure if it would be a good swap. I like BSD though.

#4 7 years ago

BSD among the best gameplay wise. And the best for staying power. You can't go wrong. The theme and execution is also perfect. Only downside, theme too dark for kids.

#5 7 years ago

Good point but they are teenagers. So not too dark. I think it is close value wise.

#6 7 years ago

BSD also very easy to sell.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The number of buyers for a $3k Centaur is tiny. You'll either wait for several months or have to add some cash if you want to trade for a $3k table.
Look in the market to find games in your price range.

My buddy sold his Centaur at Pinagogo for $3k on Day 1. It was unrestored, but clean. I sold a non-working, fairly rough Centaur pretty easily for $2100.

+1 vote for BSD, possibly the best 90's pin.

#8 7 years ago

Keep the Centaur instead, its a old school classic and just pick up something else. More is better.

John

#9 7 years ago

I have thought about just keeping it. But my other three games are a lot harder to get rid of for me. Have had the same four games for the last 3 years. Time to change it up a bit I think. Also I only have room for four pins unfortunately

#10 7 years ago

Centaur II? It's more modern (technically).

It's not a horror theme, but how about Flintstones? Supposed to be a good game in $3K range and is family safe.

#11 7 years ago

Buddy across town has a Flintstones. Its good, but not centaur replacement worthy. Anything else I should look at?

What about centaur for SST and cybernaut?

#12 7 years ago

Ok, cut the Gorgar loose instead. Problem solved.

John

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Buddy across town has a Flintstones. Its good, but not centaur replacement worthy. Anything else I should look at?

Have you played Cybernaut? It's a looker, but not much of a player IMO.

#14 7 years ago

Get a nice Data East or Sega Pin. These are less sought after, thus a lower price and you can still find some fun , exciting tables that will work for you. Segas...SST, ID4 , MSF are cool. Data East...TFTC, and a few others may interest you.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Get a nice Data East or Sega Pin. These are less sought after, thus a lower price and you can still find some fun , exciting tables that will work for you. Segas...SST, ID4 , MSF are cool. Data East...TFTC, and a few others may interest you.

My kids love stargate, and it's under 3k. Lots to do on it, great code.

#16 7 years ago

If your Centaur is a nice working original in decent shape, $3k or so is pretty fair.

Dracula is similar in value, and one of the best. Not terribly deep, but very intense.

I've had Jackbot and played Frankenstein extensively on location. Jackbot is fun, but not a huge step over Pinbot (not enough to justify the added cost) and is closer to $2k. Frankenstein gets old REALLY fast. It looks cool but is not a good player.

I'd take Starship Troopers over anything else mentioned here except Dracula, and that's roughly a $2k game as well. Not everyone loves it though.

Also, Flintstones is pretty but not $3k worth of fun

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

I have a Centaur CPR pf, been looking for a donor game. I'd trade my Cybernaut (+cash) or BoP straight up. Both 100% working and both have full pf mylars. Bride has leds in backbox and inserts.

20161228_001507 (resized).jpg20161228_001507 (resized).jpg

20161216_185436 (resized).jpg20161216_185436 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

Thanks for the good ideas. Gonna keep looking. I Love Stargate too

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Have you played Cybernaut? It's a looker, but not much of a player IMO.

agreed. Cybernaut is a dud. Not worth the space.

#20 7 years ago

BSD would be my choice . The trade for the bride would also interest me but I would want to make it a 2.0 and that would cost more .

#21 7 years ago

Never dug bride. Seemed like a one trick pony. Love pinbot though!

2 weeks later
#22 7 years ago

Ended up trading for a sst and some cash which I used to buy wifey a new ring. Happy wife happy life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-trade-centaur-what-to-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.