PIC_0564_(resized).JPG
PIC_0566_(resized).JPG
PIC_0562_(resized).JPG
PIC_0560_(resized).JPG
s-l1600[1]_(resized).jpg
s-l1600[4]_(resized).jpg
s-l500[4]_(resized).jpg
s-l1600[2]_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - wanted

looking to trade brand new hoverboards for pinball machines

Added: 2016-03-07 07:21:07 UTC

#2 8 years ago

Do they come with a fire extinguisher?
I keed I keed

I could watch hover board fail compilations all day...

#4 8 years ago

The real danger here is in continuing to call these things "hoverboards."

#5 8 years ago

There's plenty of things I would never consider trading a pinball machine for, and a cheaply made Chinese fire hazard certainly is near the top of that list. Sorry you got stuck with a bunch of Chinese junk nobody wanted to pay cash for. Good luck, forget trading, forget cash, forget someone taking them for free even - you may have to pay to dispose of them properly.

#6 8 years ago

You might want to try the Segway forum.

#7 8 years ago

As others have pointed out, it seems that without UL listed Batteries, no one is interested in taking a risk regardless of price.

#8 8 years ago

Do they burn your house down when you charge them?, maybe Vid can do a how too bulletproof a hover board thred

#9 8 years ago

Those linked pinball machines tho.

1333657330_(resized).jpg1333657330_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Those linked pinball machines tho.

1333657330_(resized).jpg

Things that catch on fire. With ads for things that should be set on fire.

The algorithm works!

#11 8 years ago

A guy that worked for me bought $20,000 worth of these things in october thinking it was going to be the Christmas gift of the year. He is now stuck with almost all of them. A week after he got them you could buy them on amazon for $200 which was less than what he paid for them.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

A guy that worked for me bought $20,000 worth of these things in october thinking it was going to be the Christmas gift of the year. He is now stuck with almost all of them. A week after he got them you could buy them on amazon for $200 which was less than what he paid for them.

sounds like my neighbor, he bought a pallet of them from a Chinese distributor a day or two before the reports of fire came trickling in...he was trying to sell them at his yard sale 2 weeks ago for $40 a piece and only sold one

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Wow. Some people really need a financial adviser.

Speaking of bonehead financial moves, I bumped into a guy the other day claiming to have bought two MMR thinking he'd be able to flip them for $14k a piece.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Do they burn your house down when you charge them?, maybe Vid can do a how too bulletproof a hover board thred

Obviously, nothing is going to help you if you somehow pierce the battery back, but if I was going to own one of these, I'd FIRST THING go and buy a real charger from a hobby shop.

Do not use the included charger, because if those Lithium-ion battery packs overcharge, goodbye house. Buy a good aftermarket charger like a Sinvitron.

If you want to be REALLY cautious, buy a replacement Japanese battery pack too. At least you know the good packs will have a thermal cut-off that actually works.

81+NVp45QIL._SL1500__(resized).jpg81+NVp45QIL._SL1500__(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Obviously, nothing is going to help you if you somehow pierce the battery back, but if I was going to own one of these, I'd FIRST THING go and buy a real charger from a hobby shop.
Do not use the included charger, because if those Lithium-ion battery packs overcharge, goodbye house. Buy a good aftermarket charger like a Sinvitron.
If you want to be REALLY cautious, buy a replacement Japanese battery pack too. At least you know the good packs will have a thermal cut-off that actually works.

81+NVp45QIL._SL1500__(resized).jpg

You Crack me up, you da man

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Wow. Some people really need a financial adviser.
Speaking of bonehead financial moves, I bumped into a guy the other day claiming to have bought two MMR thinking he'd be able to flip them for $14k a piece.

Gonna guess it was one of the infamous Bay Area flippers??

#17 8 years ago

Will a pin burst into flames like a hoverboard????????????

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Actually, if you have one of the early sys 11 games where the bridges were not fused.....yes, it can happen!

#19 8 years ago

I know Mike J. Fox and you sir, are no Mike J Fox.
Or Christer Lloyd.

#20 8 years ago

Somebody catch this thread on fire !

#21 8 years ago

So no offers yet, OP?

#22 8 years ago

I smell some flames.

#23 8 years ago

Miss ole OD ...

#27 8 years ago

Finally, my opportunity to share this gem with the world.

NSFW (or life, or IQ)

#29 8 years ago

My personal favorite.

#30 8 years ago

Well timothy looks like your not going to be able to get rid of your boards here.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Actually, if you have one of the early sys 11 games where the bridges were not fused.....yes, it can happen!

Let's not forget WOZ. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yikes-woz-fried-lots-of-smoke-where-do-i-start

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

NSFW (or life, or IQ)

Oh goddammit. Dude, WTF? Why?

A palate cleanser:

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

NSFW (or life, or IQ)
» YouTube video

It's like a real life J-Roc.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

NSFW (or life, or IQ)
» YouTube video

the funk did i just watch?

#35 8 years ago

Okay, since nobody's really rushing to make a deal, I might as well make an offer. I'd consider trading my awesome marvel Spider-man Hulk electronic computerized pinball machine for a hoverboard plus $200 cash to even it out a bit. It's HUO and still comes with the original shipping container / packaging and paperwork.

CastleToy-SpidermanHulkPinball_(resized).jpgCastleToy-SpidermanHulkPinball_(resized).jpg

#36 8 years ago

Wish I Was Closer bump

#37 8 years ago

How many total boards in the US caught fire? Isnt it under 20?
A better ratio then iphones?

#39 8 years ago

I dunno, those things are awesome. I paid approx $300 @ for a couple of them. The kids and all their friends have a blast. They have crazy range and recharge quick. Zero problems for about 6 mo now, and I am careful with charging. Would buy again.

#40 8 years ago

Catch a Fire

bob-marley-and-the-wailers-catch-a-fire_(resized).jpgbob-marley-and-the-wailers-catch-a-fire_(resized).jpg

#41 8 years ago

Kazoo Kid approves.

#42 8 years ago

Rough crowd....rightfully so.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I dunno, those things are awesome. I paid approx $300 @ for a couple of them. The kids and all their friends have a blast. They have crazy range and recharge quick. Zero problems for about 6 mo now, and I am careful with charging. Would buy again.

Well he has em at the low low value of 399!

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Well here is your chance to stock up.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

NSFW (or life, or IQ)

WTF did I just watch-LMAO

I cant believe nobody has thought of this video...

#46 8 years ago

gotta contribute since i'm enjoying this so much

#48 8 years ago

Safe charging apparatus:

zmhp2qg39w8wxtt3q0m9_(resized).jpgzmhp2qg39w8wxtt3q0m9_(resized).jpg

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Safe charging apparatus:

zmhp2qg39w8wxtt3q0m9_(resized).jpg

Hilarious.

#50 8 years ago

Um why are these 399? I can get them on Aliexpress for around 180... Besides, as everyone else noted they tend to catch fire...

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-trade-brand-new-hoverboards-for-pinball-machines/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.