8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shock1_(resized).jpg
    Shock2_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Anybody know if I can order this part for replacement or have it repaired (if not replaceable)? Hate to replace the entire dolly for a failed shock. It says to check oil in cylinder monthly...does that mean it is a serviceable part that I could do myself?

Shock2_(resized).jpgShock2_(resized).jpg

Shock1_(resized).jpgShock1_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

The early Wico pinball dollies had hydraulic cylinders. Later production used those gas shocks so common on automobile rear doors.

Those hydraulic cylinders are serviceable/rebuildable. Whenever any of ours went bad, we took the cart to our local industrial & hydraulic service center. Took them about an hour to rebuild it and they charged us just $40 for it.

#3 8 years ago

The rebuild idea is a good one. Personally i just buy a new shock. I like the wico carts too. the one shown above is my favorite variety of pinball wico cart. Here's some info from RGP on the subject...

So i went to the Nappa auto parts store and bought a GM steering stablilizer. part number SC2913, about $30. Though not a perfect replacement, it did bolt in place and work decently. Used 1/4" bolts to hold it in place. The shock wants larger mount bolts. But I bought metal liners (80 cents each) at the hardware store to go inside the shock's mounts. Works pretty well. The disadvantage is there is dampening on the up stroke and down stroke.

I also have one of the new pin carts. It uses a Gabriel Red Ryder gas shock 738000. I guess I could have used that too, but the Nappa store didn't have one.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks guys, will see if I can find a local shop to rebuild first...if not looks like a GM shock will be the next option.

#5 8 years ago

I have one that the shock is completely gone as well, but have really just gotten used to it and it doesn't really need it because you can set it down slowly by just slowly letting weight of the bar.

1 year later
    #6 7 years ago

Incase you still haven't fixed it. Here is the info I found when replacing mine

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lift-hydraulic-cylinder-replacement#post-2310532

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-replace-or-repair-shock-on-wico-dolly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.