(Topic ID: 253298)

Looking to rent 2 machines for my wedding!

By Taiyedbrodels

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by debaser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0849ba88af0540c8f6f944c8ee7a16d5 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hey all,

I am looking to rent two machines for my upcoming wedding. The wedding is Saturday November 2nd, in Rochester, MI. I have seen several companies around the Metro Detroit area that offer rentals but would much rather give my money to a local Pinsider! Based on what most local rentals seem to charge I think price negotiations can start at $500 for both machines, plus ill offer you a nice dinner and drinks!!! You would need to bring them, set them up, and take them home.

Ideally I would love love LOVE to have PINBOT & Bride of PINBOT as the 1-2 punch, but will consider others if you are interested!

In my mind the night would go as follows:

- Before 5:30 PM you arrive to Reception location to set up machines
    - 5:30PM Machines are good to go and you have yourself a drink
    - 5:45 Second Drink
    - 6:30 We walk in and dinner is served after speeches. You eat and drink copiously.
    ~8:00 People begin to play and you school all the Pin Noobs on how to kick some ass.
    ~12:00 Take down the machines and head home!

If you are even remotely interested let me know! Id love to talk about any and all aspects of you helping a brother out!

Thanks to my uncle swillie for the kick ass idea of having pins at my wedding.

0849ba88af0540c8f6f944c8ee7a16d5 (resized).jpg0849ba88af0540c8f6f944c8ee7a16d5 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Taiyedbrodels:

Hey all,
    I am looking to rent two machines for my upcoming wedding. The wedding is Saturday November 2nd, in Rochester, MI. I have seen several companies around the Metro Detroit area that offer rentals but would much rather give my money to a local Pinsider! Based on what most local rentals seem to charge I think price negotiations can start at $500 for both machines, plus ill offer you a nice dinner and drinks!!! You would need to bring them, set them up, and take them home.
    Ideally I would love love LOVE to have PINBOT & Bride of PINBOT as the 1-2 punch, but will consider others if you are interested!
    In my mind the night would go as follows:
    - Before 5:30 PM you arrive to Reception location to set up machines
    - 5:30PM Machines are good to go and you have yourself a drink
    - 5:45 Second Drink
    - 6:30 We walk in and dinner is served after speeches. You eat and drink copiously.
    ~8:00 People begin to play and you school all the Pin Noobs on how to kick some ass.
    ~12:00 Take down the machines and head home!
    If you are even remotely interested let me know! Id love to talk about any and all aspects of you helping a brother out!
    Thanks to my uncle swillie for the kick ass idea of having pins at my wedding.[quoted image]

Hit up Special When Lit Amusements, Alex Harmon, I believe he does this sort of thing and should be in your neck of the woods.

#3 4 years ago

Focus on your new wife, family and friends. Sounds fun but think twice and forget about pinball for a day.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

forget about pinball for a day.

What a TERRIBLE idea!

#5 4 years ago

if the man wants pinball at his wedding let the man have pinball at his wedding!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a great idea to me!

#6 4 years ago

Move the reception to a barcade?

Sold my BoP and work on Saturdays otherwise I'd probably drag a couple out for ya. You'll have fun either way!

Congratulations!

#7 4 years ago

That is a pretty cool way to entertain guests!

#8 4 years ago

sounds like a great excuse to buy a couple pins and move them to the crib after the wedding

#9 4 years ago

Maybe a couple of pins as wedding gifts?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Focus on your new wife,

Wives come and go. Pins are forever.

LTG : )

#11 4 years ago

Yes, pinball might be a good distraction while the ankle shackle is being attached.

#12 4 years ago

How about an audible knocker when you are pronounced husband and wife?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

How about an audible knocker when you are pronounced husband and wife?

I can't help myself, sorry...

Isn't "knocker" heard during the Honeymoon?

#14 4 years ago

I get the jocularity in this thread but I am trying to be helpful. Im sure many here know pinball can be a bone of contention in a marriage. If your new wife loves pinball she's probably doing it for you. Make your wedding day about her.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I get the jocularity in this thread but I am trying to be helpful. Im sure many here know pinball can be a bone of contention in a marriage. If your new wife loves pinball she's probably doing it for you. Make your wedding day about her.

How is having a couple of pins their for guests to play taking the day away from her? She can only talk to one or three people at a time and he didn't say he wanted to play them all night. This would just give their guests something to do that may break the traditional social circles that happen at wedding receptions and give people that don't know each other a way to interact. I think it's a great idea.

#16 4 years ago

15 minutes between drink 1 and 2. I like your style. Would do it myself if I lived closer. Congrats on the wedding.

#17 4 years ago

Unfortunately I’m already running an event that day.

This would have been right up my alley had I been available.

If anyone in the future ever needs something like this, get a hold of me. My rates are reasonable and I’m easy to work with!

#18 4 years ago

My wife and I had Pinbot and Bride at our reception. We had time to play about 1 ball on each machine and get a couple of pictures. Friends and family played them non stop. It was a pain in the ass bringing them to the reception and getting them out the next morning so they could set of for the next wedding. We got married on a Friday night. I would suggest just doing one if you are moving them yourself or hire someone.

#19 4 years ago

yes, you should dedicate someone in charge of the machines so you don't have to worry about it.

#20 4 years ago

Not sure how far Andy Rosa is from you but you should get in touch. I know he ops at Richfield.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Unfortunately I’m already running an event that day.
    This would have been right up my alley had I been available.
    If anyone in the future ever needs something like this, get a hold of me. My rates are reasonable and I’m easy to work with!

harmon1728

Have any other vendors you would recommend in the area?

#22 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I very much like the idea of the knocker at the church. Though I have two knockers in mind already .

#23 4 years ago

I could help you out with this. PM sent.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-rent-2-machines-for-my-wedding?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.