New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274105)

Looking to re-rubber my Far Out

By sandman74

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

Does anyone have the location and sizes for my almost restored Far Out? #farout

#2 3 months ago
Quoted from sandman74:

Does anyone have the location and sizes for my almost restored Far Out? #farout

Complete kits are available from most of the major parts suppliers. They include everything you need plus a diagram to replace all of the rubber parts. Some are even advertised as tune up kits with additional parts (lamps, polish, etc).

I suggest either The Pinball Resource (http://www.pbresource.com/) or Marco Specialties (https://www.marcospecialties.com/).

For what it’s worth, Pinball Resource is the place to go for all Gottlieb OEM parts.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Complete kits are available from most of the major parts suppliers. They include everything you need plus a diagram to replace all of the rubber parts. Some are even advertised as tune up kits with additional parts (lamps, polish, etc).

I feel like those diagrams are completely wrong half the time I get them. Wouldn't count on it being useful

Most people already have rubbers on hand anyway

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I feel like those diagrams are completely wrong half the time I get them. Wouldn't count on it being useful

I can't comment on Far Out but I have discovered in 4/5 kits I have purchased in the past that I am missing at least 2-3 rubber pieces or the measurements are wrong on some. I typically use the manual's guide for a parts list (if applicable) and have long since started having "a bunch" of different size rubber parts on hand to fill in the blanks or change out the wrong sizes from kits I buy.

If you only have one game I would suggest buying the kit and crossing your fingers.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RK1241-1

#5 3 months ago

I usually use the instruction manual for sizes and just order extra of the next size down and up, I order my rubbers from Titan Pinball.

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Depends on who you buy them from. I think the OP is asking because he doesn’t have them.

#7 3 months ago

The rubber kits I’ve gotten from Pinball Resource are super lively and they sometimes give me extra. Not sure if that’s on purpose but that’s better than the opposite.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
COINTAKER.COM
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Bat-Signal Projector Out of stock
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 12,500.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 1,248.00
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Lighting - Led
Pinshakers
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 60.00
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside