(Topic ID: 263771)

Looking to purchase first pinball machine.

By MechaDog

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Marshall_ry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

Hello,

First let me say I really appreciate all of the information available though this site. As I prepare to make my first purchase, I have learned much by reading through these forums. I am moving cross country this summer and would like to hold off until after the move to purchase. I am leaning towards either Iron Maiden premium or Batman 66 for my first pin and was wondering if new(unused) versions these should still be available in summer. Also, anything I should prioritize when finding online retailer for pinball? Thanks again for all the info that everyone has posted on this site. I have been wanting a pinball machine for a number of years and am excited about finally getting one.

#2 3 months ago

I think a big thing to consider is budget. As soon as you have one you will want two. Don't spend your entire budget on your first pin leave your self some room. I personally would buy two decent older pins than a single new pin.

#3 3 months ago

Hello and welcome in the future to the wonderful world of pinball.

There are good dealers out there. Go over Stern's distributor list. Find ones close to where you'll move. And research the names here. Or ask people's experience with them. Call them to see what they have in stock.

Prices are about the same. So check into distributors that will help you after the sale, in case you need help.

LTG : )

#4 3 months ago

Exactly what PAPA LTG said

#5 3 months ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I think a big thing to consider is budget. As soon as you have one you will want two. Don't spend your entire budget on your first pin leave your self some room. I personally would buy two decent older pins than a single new pin.

I agree with this. Similarly I was looking for my first pin almost 2 years ago. I didn’t understand everyone telling me “you’ll get the bug and want more”. Now I’m looking for my third. Good luck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 26.50
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 229.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside