(Topic ID: 76576)

Looking to jump in... some questions though!

By gern

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pafasa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    image3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

If you do buy the game, make sure it has manuals and schematics. If not, source those first to determine cost.

DMD will need replaced based on the pic shown.

The center/right of the CPU board looks smoked. Looks as if something around the Ceramic resistor bank fried and you can see the trails of soot running up the board. Could just be a bad pic, but looks suspicious to me.

Cant see what plastic is broken but nothing looks too bad on the playfield.

Playfield lights out sure could be related to the smoke on the board.

Batteries are still installed in original battery holder but it looks clean. No corrosion in the pic.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

if you want a DMD with 1 vertical line out [rest works great] you can have it free if you just pay shipping.

Dude! That's awesome! Way to welcome and encourage a future pinhead. Kudos to you!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from gern:

because there may be more wrong with the machine than advertised

Or the advertised price may not seem like such a good deal to other possibly interested parties.

#44 10 years ago

Very cool! Start a tech/progress type thread so we can follow along!

#50 10 years ago

I threw my .02 in. I'm not nearly as capable with DMD/SS repair as I am with EM but some things are pretty basic. Good luck with your repairs. There are a lot of helpful folks here. Keep bumping your thread until you get some attention.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-jump-in-some-questions-though?tu=Pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.