Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190308_182756 (resized).jpg
    20190307_230636 (resized).jpg
    20190307_214057 (resized).jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I have a buyer for an EM that I need hauled from Baltimore to Richfield NC. Willing to pay $100 if someone is headed that way and has the extra room to take there. I will break it down and wrap it.

Thanks
    Kickout

#2 5 years ago

100 bucks?

Why so generous? People are gonna start getting greedy!

#3 5 years ago

Just want to complete the deal.

#4 5 years ago

That’s a 300 dollar move minimum. Just saying

#5 5 years ago

Need to throw in a bag of Oreos.

#6 5 years ago

Hoby1

I was just looking for someone head that way looking to help a Pinsider and get paid for gas and lunch. It's a 6 1/2 hr drive from here, so maybe 50 -60 dollars for gas and tolls. The rest for a good meal. Help a Pinsider out!

#7 5 years ago

I think he meant 100 pesos.

#8 5 years ago

So all they have to do is drive to your place load the game, haul it 6.5 hours, drive out of there way to the guys house and unload it and they will get a free lunch!!!!

Someone better jump on this quick. Has to be many people driving that exact route all the time.

#9 5 years ago

I'm not sure how making fun of the OP is helpful in this case. If you think his offer is not appropriate for this work, you can just say that.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

I'm not sure how making fun of the OP is helpful in this case. If you think his offer is not appropriate for this work, you can just say that.

Uh, it’s not. If the mover drops/crashes/anything it’s on his/her head. For $40. Nah...

#11 5 years ago

Why not do it the old fashioned way and have the BUYER pick up the game, or have him set up shipping? 6.5 hrs one way for a game you really want is nothin', operative words being "really want."

#12 5 years ago

Hey, I thought that if Pinsider was headed that way they could help out. Bad mouthing another Pinsider is a low blow. If you disagree with someone fine, but to post negative comments is real uncalled for. I have never posted negative comments about a fellow Pinsider. I respect the other persons comments and questions, It is never dumb to ask it is dumb not too.

#13 5 years ago

Peanut gallery around here has too much free time, always looking for someone pick on. Today it's you.

#14 5 years ago

There’s always the option of renting a van for 125 from enterprise and delivering it to him too

#15 5 years ago

Realistically, that is not much money to move a pin. You would be better off contacting the usual east coast shippers like Rixzilla or Bob Cunningham and see if they’re traveling that route sometime soon.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kickout:

Bad mouthing another Pinsider is a low blow

Who said anything bad about you? We are just making fun of the low offer.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kickout:

Hey, I thought that if Pinsider was headed that way they could help out. Bad mouthing another Pinsider is a low blow. If you disagree with someone fine, but to post negative comments is real uncalled for. I have never posted negative comments about a fellow Pinsider. I respect the other persons comments and questions, It is never dumb to ask it is dumb not too.

What everyone is trying to say is that you are offering too little to have the machine moved. Expect to pay at LEAST $200 for the move. Try Uship or Bob Cunningham, but to expect someone to move a machine for you for $100 is just unrealistic.

#18 5 years ago

I think any Pinsider who was driving that particular route and had room in their vehicle for a machine would do it for $100 on a "terminal to terminal" basis like at a rest stop or Walmart parking lot. Doing a door to door event might be a lot tougher to find using this method. I've done a few transports this way - picked up the machine in a supermarket parking lot and then drove 500 miles, and dropped off the machine at a rest stop. These pickup and drop off points were within my trip route, so it worked out good...

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from fredsmythson:

I think any Pinsider who was driving that particular route and had room in their vehicle for a machine would do it for $100 on a "terminal to terminal" basis like at a rest stop or Walmart parking lot. Doing a door to door event might be a lot tougher to find using this method. I've done a few transports this way - picked up the machine in a supermarket parking lot and then drove 500 miles, and dropped off the machine at a rest stop. These pickup and drop off points were within my trip route, so it worked out good...

For must of us it just ain't worth the trouble and the opening lowball offer was so ridiculous nobody is gonna want to even start a conversation with someone making it.

Do these "are you going from X to X this weekend and want to help move a game?" requests EVER work?

It's one of the shitty parts of this hobby but pinball machines are real big. If you want to do a deal, you are gonna have deal with moving it, by paying someone fair market or doing it yourself. It's just not something you can usually farm out to the lowest bidder for 50 bucks and some KFC because someone happens to be doing the same thing on the same weekend to the exact same places you are with extra room for your machine as well.

#20 5 years ago

Are we talkin' a five dollar fill up or twenty dollar family fill up?

#21 5 years ago

it seems reasonable if someone is already following the same route and has room, after all we are not all professional movers. i do this a lot in Ontario. As long as its on the way.

#22 5 years ago

It’s tough, I’m trying to get a machine moved from Nashville to anywhere within a couple hours of me.

Haven’t found anyone to help and got quoted by STI for $521 yesterday. Hard to justify that for a sub 2k machine.

#23 5 years ago

I don’t think you’d get anyone to raise an eyebrow for less than $200.

It’s just too much of an inconvenience for most people.

#24 5 years ago

The $100 offers and professional $521 shipping options are running in to each other like bumper cars in this thread!

These options are no where near the same option. What if something happens to the game during the $100 agreement? It is the person who delivered it liable?

Also, you say "break it down and wrap it" like that is something that the individual picking it up was initially going to get paid for BUT, since they don't have to do that, $100 all of a sudden becomes a great offer.

Well, sorry this is not what you wanted to hear but that's not a good offer at all.

Try $250 and you may get someone willing to help.

#25 5 years ago

Kinda unusual for seller to be responsible for shipping. It’s best to put that burden on the buyer. Plus, whoever delivers the machine is probably going to be asked to set it up. Could be a messy situation.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kickout:

Hoby1
    I was just looking for someone head that way looking to help a Pinsider and get paid for gas and lunch. It's a 6 1/2 hr drive from here, so maybe 50 -60 dollars for gas and tolls. The rest for a good meal. Help a Pinsider out!

So basically for 7/8 hours work with loading, gas, and tolls your paying 5 bucks a hour. Geeeeeees

Oooooh I forgot, then ya gotta drive home .

#27 5 years ago

You know what, if I was making that route personally and someone asked for a favour I’d jump on it. I have been helped by the pinside community for shipping parts, getting a pin packed up and taken to a terminal when they said no shipping in ad, and I appreciated it. I have helped others with shipping parts because I had been helped also.

He’s not asking someone to do some big paid job, he’s asking a favour. I’m not in the area or making a trip down that road, so I guess I can be on my high horse but jeeez.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

You know what, if I was making that route personally and someone asked for a favour I’d jump on it. I have been helped by the pinside community for shipping parts, getting a pin packed up and taken to a terminal when they said no shipping in ad, and I appreciated it. I have helped others with shipping parts because I had been helped also.
    He’s not asking someone to do some big paid job, he’s asking a favour. I’m not in the area or making a trip down that road, so I guess I can be on my high horse but jeeez.

What can I say, Canadians are friendlier.

I have had luck on this once, but it was in May so it was "hey can someone from NC bring a game to Allentown?" Turned out they could.

Tacking something like this on a show isn't a bad idea but I think these shot in the darks are usually never gonna bear fruit.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

There is also one other factor..... what happens if you get in an accident, game dont work when ya get there, break down, ect, ect ect.......

Thens whos responsible. I quess cause its only a hundred bucks its not the drivers problem right.

Just saying, 100 bucks minus gas and tolls is kinda just asking for this kind of response.

#30 5 years ago

I think a lot of people aren't reading before responding. There won't be a lot of additional gas and tolls if someone is "headed that way and has the extra room to take there."

I agree that a shipper is taking on risk in agreeing to any shipment, but these are details to be discussed and agreed upon, not deal breakers. If it was me, I'd consider just saying "If the seller doesn't accept it for any reason, I'll keep it, give you {price - $150} and we'll call it a day." But that only works because I like EMs.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

I think a lot of people aren't reading before responding. There won't be a lot of additional gas and tolls if someone is "headed that way and has the extra room to take there."
    I agree that a shipper is taking on risk in agreeing to any shipment, but these are details to be discussed and agreed upon, not deal breakers. If it was me, I'd consider just saying "If the seller doesn't accept it for any reason, I'll keep it, give you {price - $150} and we'll call it a day." But that only works because I like EMs.

I think people have read it and are insulted by the $100 offer.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

Makes sense. If they don’t want it no worries, just turn around and drive 7 hours back and we are good. Then you can head back 7 hours to where you were going. That’s worth at least $50. Lol

#33 5 years ago

Just an FYI for reference............ Just had white glove service done on two of my games that were high $$$$$. Was a 5 hour trip from my house one way.

The buyer paid 500 dollars. He did this run twice for me and the shipper was responsible for any problems or damage. Not saying he wants the best, but a reasonable starting point for this run would be a steal at 225/250.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Makes sense. If they don’t want it no worries, just turn around and drive 7 hours back and we are good. Then you can head back 7 hours to where you were going. That’s worth at least $50. Lol

I think you misunderstand. If I had the pin in my vehicle and I kept it, then I wouldn't need to drive back anywhere. I could just take it home with me (where I would presumably be going at some point anyway.)

#35 5 years ago

No, no one is misunderstanding. There are just a lot of people on here who want to find something negative in everything. I'm with you, what would it hurt to do a favor for $100 if I'm going that way? All these people with all these what ifs- who would never have done it anyway - are just typing for their own pleasure. They're certainly not trying to help the OP.

OP, good luck. Hopefully you find someone on your way. It is usually a long shot, but good luck nonetheless.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do these "are you going from X to X this weekend and want to help move a game?" requests EVER work?

Yes, at least once it has.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have had luck on this once, but it was in May so it was "hey can someone from NC bring a game to Allentown?" Turned out they could.

#37 5 years ago

If I was going that EXACT route I'd probably do it for $100. If it weren't more than 10 miles off the route and I didn't have to move it down stairs or set it up...just drop it off and go. Sure.

#38 5 years ago

The problem here is also that you dont know the deal, buyer or seller. You get to the buyers after 6+ hours, he complains about the condition and then needs major help in getting it up those two flights of stairs, and then setting it up. Just that risk isn’t worth $100.

#39 5 years ago

I eat lunch at this place.....

Porterhouse please..

20190307_214057 (resized).jpg20190307_214057 (resized).jpg
    #40 5 years ago

Maybe I'll slum it with a half-ounce for an After Dinner drink..

20190307_230636 (resized).jpg20190307_230636 (resized).jpg
    #41 5 years ago

You just gotta nut up and pick it up yourself or do NAVL. I paid $400 for a NAVL transfer from Buffalo to Denver. White glove. Walked it into my basement. Money well spent.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from fredsmythson:

This^. If someone in a town I drive to frequently wanted to meet me just off the interstate and unload it in a parking lot, $100 would be more than ok.

#43 5 years ago

Nothing wrong looking for bro pricing by a pinsider headed that way. If it's too low, feel free to require more.

My takeaway is that his trying to assist the buyer shows me he is a good seller. Maybe I'll do a deal with Kickout someday.

#44 5 years ago

There is an opportunity here for robin to create a Shipping Wish List - people could post their route, what they are willing to pay, allow others to make an offer on it, tell how the machine will be packed, etc. Kind of like uShip but on a small and informal scale.

I have taken an 80% empty trailer many a time on a pinball run. It would have been cool to pick up another and make a little cabbage on the way.

#45 5 years ago

Jeffc

Thanks, you are correct. Trying to help the buyer out.

Kickout

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I eat lunch at this place.....
    Porterhouse please..
    [quoted image]

I'll have a side of peppercorn cream sauce and a drop of that liquor stuff. Just a bowl of hot water and the sauce that's all. Thanks

#47 5 years ago

If I was close and was heading that way I would do it for gas money. I have had folks do it for me too. Never hurts to ask. Good luck.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I'll have a side of peppercorn cream sauce and a drop of that liquor stuff. Just a bowl of hot water and the sauce that's all. Thanks

You move games cheaply. My dinner there last night was a bit costlier than what the OP is willing to pay for a move.

20190308_182756 (resized).jpg20190308_182756 (resized).jpg
    #49 5 years ago

God I haven;t had a tequila sunrise in awHile...now I have a craving.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

God I haven;t had a tequila sunrise in awHile...now I have a craving.

I can't make it to the VFW tonight. Have Clayton pour you one.....

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-have-a-pinball-machine-moved?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.