Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190308_182756 (resized).jpg
    20190307_230636 (resized).jpg
    20190307_214057 (resized).jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You move games cheaply. My dinner there last night was a bit costlier than what the OP is willing to pay for a move.
    [quoted image]

Hopefully you and your guests had steel chairs that were welded good in the corners.

#52 5 years ago

Well I've had two Pinsider's offer to haul the pin. That shows what real Pinsider's are made of. If I have the chance I will do the same for another Pinsider in the future.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kickout:

Well I've had two Pinsider's offer to haul the pin. That shows what real Pinsider's are made of. If I have the chance I will do the same for another Pinsider in the future.

Funny...I was formulating my comment as I was reading this thread, going to be on your side. Then you make an "I told you so" snide post about what a "real" pinsider is. We're all pinsiders, and just because some dont agree with your methods doesn't make one any less real. You need to grow up.

#54 5 years ago

Your right........... it just makes him a cheapskate.

Im glad you found someone that will work for much less than minimum wage........ Geeeee"s

#55 5 years ago

The OP hardly warrants all the dramatic and downright D’baggery that has popped up since his pretty innocent post.

Worse than a “sewing circle”, to quote a movie.

#56 5 years ago

Sure could use a “foot massage”.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Hopefully you and your guests had steel chairs that were welded good in the corners.

It was actually a half-round booth. Very well upholstered and comfortable.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It was actually a half-round booth. Very well upholstered and comfortable.

A sturdy feeling is definitely reassuring.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Sure could use a “foot massage”.

You better back off.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kickout:

Heh, every time I peek at this place it gets dramatically worse. Hang in there OP!

I've done many-a-move for friends and others with a similar premise and it's worked out good as well as being on the buyer end - especially to major hubs like CoinOpWarehouse, etc., it's a great deal, LOTS of people need stuff from there or are planning a trip themselves, and pays for gas or an $100 game to a place I was already going. Especially if I'm already pulling the trailer and have a few extra spots, it really makes a lot of sense several times over and helps offset the extra fuel and toll cost for pulling the trailer.

Hell, if you're a professional shipper this is the exact specific thing that makes you smile, it's like free money and helps somebody out well, if you're already headed that direction. Back when I use to do shipping these types of things were integral to it and I would seek them out even if they weren't super profitable.... they pay the gas for the ENTIRE trip and I'm already passing by with empty spaces on my trailer. It's a given for sure.

The other day we were getting a rare game 8-10 hours round trip from my house... and then obviously without asking the guy tells me he's coincidentally going to an event 30 minutes from my house in Philadelphia the day after, huge difference, and would deliver it completely free of charge *since he was already going there* after we had already negotiated a price based off of pickup (so no secret increase) and I met him there, this happened the other day to us but also many times in my collector history. This worked out great and saved a ton of time and gas money myself and he felt good about being able to shorten the drive for me with no extra effort for him literally at all since he would already be driving there anyways. Makes obvious sense if you're already going somewhere that almost anything else is an easy profit or makes it easier on your buyer especially when you could make a solid connection for the future which is important around here. Had it wrapped up in a tarp and shrink wrap and really put the effort in... which may be harder work in the long run but made him one of my top people to deal with again in the future, which can be a big impact in the wallet for both selling and buying. The game was priced appropriately well and was a great deal.

#61 5 years ago

Also, funny to see nothing's changed around here. You guys sure have a lot of free time on your hands, must be boring.
    Too many opinions and ill-researched claims, Pinsiders are the kind of people to drive their $100,000 car with the top down and laugh at the "peasants" walking on the side of the road in raincoats on a hot sunny day for looking goofy... they stop laughing very quickly when it starts to pour out of the blue about 5 minutes later and they weren't bright enough to check the forecast themselves. My point: Prove the Pinside peanut gallery wrong, OP - it's a great feeling.

I'm sure this guy was only looking for real offers and not your opinions. If we have a price policing rule, we should have a rule for this. Guy isn't looking to piss in your mailbox and kick your cat across the lawn, he made an offer to have a machine shipped, calm down.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Also, funny to see nothing's changed around here. You guys sure have a lot of free time on your hands, must be boring.

Says the guy that just wrote 7 paragraphs on a dead topic.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Says the guy that just wrote 7 paragraphs on a dead topic.

5 hours = dead topic?

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

5 hours = dead topic?

The lasts posts were nothing to do with the topic at hand...ie, dead. The last relevant post was over a day ago, and pretty sure the OP was satisfied with the outcome and purpose of this thread.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Too many opinions and ill-researched claims, Pinsiders are the kind of people to drive their $100,000 car with the top down and laugh at the "peasants" walking on the side of the road in raincoats on a hot sunny day for looking goofy... they stop laughing very quickly when it starts to pour out of the blue about 5 minutes later and they weren't bright enough to check the forecast themselves. My point: Prove the Pinside peanut gallery wrong, OP - it's a great feeling.
    I'm sure this guy was only looking for real offers and not your opinions. If we have a price policing rule, we should have a rule for this. Guy isn't looking to piss in your mailbox and kick your cat across the lawn, he made an offer to have a machine shipped, calm down.

I'm sure you've heard the saying kick me once shame on you. Kick me twice shame on me....

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I'm sure you've heard the saying kick me once shame on you. Kick me twice shame on me....

I'm not sure if he is on kik....
    Or was that a kickstarter reference?

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I'm not sure if he is on kik....
    Or was that a kickstarter reference?

We always heard it with a fu me once... but I was being nice.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-have-a-pinball-machine-moved/page/2?hl=looking4firstpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.