(Topic ID: 220009)

Looking to get started - Michigan

By DropDeadZed

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - wanted

Looking to get started - Michigan

Added: 2018-06-26 17:53:29 UTC

#2 5 years ago

Have you played any before... always a good start to pick something you liked to play. What era machines did you grow up with? 70’s, 80’s, 90’s...?

Is there anyone local who buys and sells machines. If you don’t know much about them, and electronics you may want to consider buying from someone who will be able to maintain it for you going forward .

#3 5 years ago

This thread was a good start. I suggest making some friends who are local pinheads. Maybe join a local group who play regularly. Most purchases happen among groups from my experiences. You should be able to get something very nice for 2k. Also a good idea to get something reliable and someone more experienced can help. Just my 2 cents.

#4 5 years ago

Good luck, and if you download the Pinball map app, it will steer you toward where there are machines to play locally. For sure play a game before you buy it, and Michigan has a lot of pinballs out in the wild, so chances are you’ll find something you’ll like.

#5 5 years ago

If it doesn't have to be a DMD game, I would suggest Stern Dracula or a Gottlieb Genesis. You should be able to find one under you price ceiling.

Unfortunately, the great games with the themes you are looking to buy are very desirable and that keeps them expensive.

Freddy is a good game but I have seen the price on that one go up a lot in the last few years. Good luck will be needed to grab one in good shape for 2K.

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein could be the game for you...

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-get-started-michigan?hl=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.