Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FH3.jpg
FH2.jpg
FH1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Hey yal,
Goin to see a FH tomorrow. Anything in particular to FH that I should be looking for damage wise?
Advice would be awesome, it's been awhile since I 've even seen one up close.
Thanks a ton in advance.

#2 12 years ago

Jealous.

Never owned one but I guess the obvious thing to check is Rudy's eyes and mouth.

Good luck!

#3 12 years ago

We got one here in town. I would say if you could, see if you can take the glass off and just "complete" a game since the game play with FH is kind of linear.

#4 12 years ago

Look for raised inserts on the clock, and issues with the head... all easily fixed.

#5 12 years ago

Hey, shane, while you're drinking...SELL THAT Roadshow!!!!

#6 12 years ago

Wait for it..... wait for it...........

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

that I should be looking for damage wise?

Look for raised mylar around the clock. It's common for heat from the bulbs underneath to eventually make the mylar start to come up. I don't think there were many diamond plated FH playfields made. To me, replacing mylar or other methods done to the playfield are big jobs, expecially if you've never done it before. Of course there's the out hole that fires the ball right at your flipper (it gets the most work during play) check the rim around the outside of the hole for excessive wear, but a Cliffy might hide it. As with other pins check the plastics and on this game check the ramp called "the steps" for cracks especially around the washers or screws. As you know, this pin has a plunger on each side. I think I'd also look for quick fake touch-ups on the playfield. These are just a couple things I'd look at, but I'm sure there's a more detailed checklist in this forum somewhere. It all depends on what's acceptable to you? In my book this is one of the best WPC games out there. I hope you get a good one for the money, good luck!

#8 12 years ago

Good luck! Funhouse is such a great pin.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Loupie:

Look for raised mylar around the clock

Lots of inserts seem to raise on FH

#10 12 years ago

Awesome, thanks as always for the info guys. I also heard that FHs can have different sounds boards... is that right? Does it matter which one is in there?
Not too concerned about the mylar apparently it's been removed already. Rudy is fully mobile as well, at least that's what the guy said.
Can't wait!

#11 12 years ago

Here's a couple pics.

FH1.jpgFH1.jpg FH2.jpgFH2.jpg FH3.jpgFH3.jpg

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Here's a couple pics.

Wow! Looks like a keeper to me!

#13 12 years ago

I saw that as well. Does the 3 slot coin door mean it's a re-import?

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I saw that as well. Does the 3 slot coin door mean it's a re-import?

Good question.
I do know it came from Lethbridge without sound (loose wire) last week but before that I am clueless. I'll ask him when I get there. Unless you beat me too it....

#15 12 years ago

Haha, would love to, but Red Deer is a little ways for me to drive. I really want to own this pin one day, as it was my favourite during college. But Rudy creeps my wife out.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Haha, would love to, but Red Deer is a little ways for me to drive. I really want to own this pin one day, as it was my favourite during college. But Rudy creeps my wife out.

Yeah Rudy will freak out my wife as well. Not sure how long he'll be able to stay in the family.

#17 12 years ago

Wow! no fade on the side in the photo.

#18 12 years ago

The only things I can pick out is a slight sag on the lower left back box and a bit of rust on the legs. Here's hoping it didn't get wet.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Yeah Rudy will freak out my wife as well. Not sure how long he'll be able to stay in the family.

I bet she loves it. My wife complained when I bought it (not that she ever ventures downstairs anyway...) but now she loves Rudy, his sayings, and the game in general.

#20 12 years ago

Go Red Deer Rebels

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

The only things I can pick out is a slight sag on the lower left back box

I'm not so sure that the box is really sagging, looks to be the play of the light could be causing it to look that way. Hopefully it is as FH is a great game and you look to have found one in good shape.

#22 12 years ago

Well.
I didn't buy it.
Way too much playfield cupping around the clock area, enough so that the ball would change direction. Yikes.
Where ever the mylar hadn't been installed the paint was starting to crack.
Operationally it was so so, weak kickouts weak flippers no a huge deal in the end.
Other than that it was in very good shape. Best cabinet I've seen in awhile.
Now I'm kicking myself a bit but in the end I just couldn't fork over the $2500.
I offered less, he wouldn't take it.
Chances are he'll sell it today anyway...

#23 12 years ago

By the way RWH, you were right no box sag.

#24 12 years ago

There'll be another one, they made a lot of Funhouses

#25 12 years ago

Thanks for the support Dewey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-by-a-funhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.