Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Skill_roll_switch_007.jpg
IMG_5112.JPG
IMG_5111.JPG
IMG_5109.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hello Pinsiders,

I'm in need of a switch for my Bally Skill roll. I'm not sure if there is a difference in switches but if there is, it's the 80 point switch on the bottom row, on the left as viewed from the front of the machine.

If anyone happens to have a parts Skill Roll machine available and has that switch available I'd love to have it.

Let me know what you have.

Dave

#2 10 years ago

Anyone, Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Any leads greatly appreciated.

Dave

#3 10 years ago

Wow. I know these parts are pretty hard to come by but nobody knows anyone that may have spare parts for this game laying around? I think I've figured out that the switches are all the same in this game so it doesn't matter where it comes from or where it's going. I just need the entire switch, including the "arm" that's on it.

I appreciate you checking for me and if it's unobtanium then so be it.

Dave

#4 10 years ago

There was a guy way back in 06 parting a complete machine on RGP. It's probably all long gone but may be worth checking.

How about a pic? I have a bunch of odds and ends woodrail era operator parts. I also have a Skill Roll but would rather not have to pull it out to check for reference.
Alex

#5 10 years ago

Judging from the picture on pinrepair.com, it shouldn't be difficult to replicate.

#6 10 years ago

I'll see if I can get a picture of one, or find one online that will show what I'm looking for.

Chuck_Sherman, I have no skills when it comes to replicating things so I either need to find one of these or find someone who can make one. Someone, somewhere has to have one of these.

Dave

#7 10 years ago

Hi Dave,
I looked briefly through my stash last night and didn't see anything that looked correct. I would consider putting a want ad on Mr. Pinball as your only reaching a small percentage of the EM arcade guys on here.
Alex

#8 10 years ago

Hey Alex,

Thanks for checking. I'll throw a WTB on Mr. Pinball and maybe I'll throw something on RGP for the folks that are still there.

Appreciate you taking the time to look.

Dave

#9 10 years ago

Ok, I've learned that there are right and left hand switches for the skill roll so I need one that would be from the same directional row as the bottom row. I've taken a few pictures of the other switch that's in the same row as the one I'm missing. It's basically a switch stack with a small actuator that moves when the coin passes over it.

Thanks for any leads you can give me on parts. I've heard that Mike Minchew used to have parts. I've been in contact with him and his parts are long gone.

Dave

IMG_5109.JPGIMG_5109.JPG IMG_5111.JPGIMG_5111.JPG IMG_5112.JPGIMG_5112.JPG

2 months later
#10 10 years ago

I don't have parts for you, but this suggestion was on RGP in 2010:
"I had the same problem with mine [missing switch], and used a coin switch with a straight actuator that is bent to fit. Heck, for $25 each I should part out my switches and install coin switches in all of 'em!!"

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for the tip on this one...I'm not sure I could get a switch bent into position so that it actuates when it's supposed to and will stay in place on the board. Of course, if push comes to shove I may not have a choice but to fashion my own.

Dave

#12 10 years ago

Dave, It's been 2 months and you haven't gotten this fixed yet?

What have you been doing you slacker

Randy

#13 10 years ago

I know, right? I guess I don't deserve to have this game. Maybe I should sell it to someone else, like a guy that lives in Forest Lake, MN maybe?

Dave

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I don't have parts for you, but this suggestion was on RGP in 2010:
"I had the same problem with mine [missing switch], and used a coin switch with a straight actuator that is bent to fit. Heck, for $25 each I should part out my switches and install coin switches in all of 'em!!"

That was me and it still works great.

There are left & right switches. If I recall correctly, the coin switch only works in one direction, so you might have to swap one of the actuators of the opposite direction to the other direction so the coin switch can be used in the correct direction Uhhh...I'll try to take a photo tomorrow to clear things up

#15 10 years ago

That would be great. Of course, I could always just have you come over, fix my game up, and then stick around to play some pinball and enjoy some beverages of your choice...

Dave

#16 10 years ago

I'd be glad to stop over sometime Dave, but my calendar is full until mid October. In the meantime, here's my switch. Lemme know if it'll work for you... I could mail you one just shoot me a PM.

There are 2 types of switches I'll call (looking from the back of the game) clock-wise & counter clock-wise. The coin switch works as-is for the CW rows. It looks like you'd need to flip the switch front to back and use standoffs for a CCW row. With mine, it was the start switch actuator that broke off. I took a 80 switch, installed it for the start, and used the coin switch for the 80.

Hope this helps.

Tully

Skill_roll_switch_007.jpgSkill_roll_switch_007.jpg

#17 10 years ago

Nice fix Tully, might be better than the original ones.

#18 10 years ago

Oh, I see what you did there. That's an excellent solution. The switch I'm missing is an 80 point switch and I believe both of those switches are CW switches (as seen from the back). I believe that a coin switch would work as is, just like you show above. I'll send you a PM and we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Dave

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Maybe I should sell it to someone else, like a guy that lives in Forest Lake, MN maybe?

Well yes, that's why I want you to get this damn thing fixed.

Thanks Tully, Dave and I appreciate your help.

Randy

#20 10 years ago

I looked around and found Suzo-Happ has both CW and CCW switches that should work.

http://na.suzohapp.com/#&panel1-1

CCW part # 42-3685-00 http://na.suzohapp.com/wp/search.p?SECTION=ALL&SEARCH_TXT=42-3685-00&Search=GO

CW part # 42-1075-00 http://na.suzohapp.com/wp/search.p?SECTION=ALL&SEARCH_TXT=42-1075-00&Search=GO

No excuses now! Let's get those nickels flippin!

6 months later
#21 10 years ago

Ok, I know it took me forever to finally fix this but it's done. I didn't use a coin switch, which may have been the better solution, but used a regular switch and it has enough travel to activate and still allow the coin to pass. It seemed to work during my testing but I haven't been able to actually get the **#($ nickel in the hole the way you're supposed to.

Thanks again for the assistance on this one Tullster.

Dave

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-part-for-bally-skill-roll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.