(Topic ID: 166954)

Looking to buy my first (used) pin - Near r Detroit.

By KillerQ

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bugsy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

I'm thinking OP means EM and it autocorrected to "Embassy".

He had another thread where he considered a Zizzle, and was correctly swayed from doing so by the Pinside community.

OP - I'd recommend setting up a basic Craigslist search and then saving it as a favorite webpage. I find that more EM's are listed on CL than here on Pinside... but it may be different in your area as my Pinside and CL searches are based on up here in the Northeast.

A search of "Pinball" with a cap of $750 (knowing you can always negotiate down on CL prices) brings up a few results in the Detroit Metro area. I'd just search daily and when one comes up in decent working condition and good value, I'd pounce on it before anyone else can even get eyes on it. There are also some light cosmetic project early Solid State (SS) games that may come up in that search as well. I just don't know the Detroit pinball market at all but I wouldn't be surprised if a well playing but dirty Flash or something pops up.

Patience is key. Waiting for the right machine >>> buying the "right now" machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-my-first-used-pin-near-r-detroit?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.